HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-09-2015, 07:02 PM   #1
Pony Pilot

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Goodyear or Hoosier???

I've been running 14 x 32 x 15 Goodyear D1984 stiff sidewall slicks for years. What would a comparable Hoosier tire be? Does anyone have any actual data as to which brand actually performs better? Tires are for a 2830lbs S/ST car.
Pony Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:29 AM   #2
Robbie Welch
Live Reporter

Liked 262 Times in 124 Posts
Default Re: Goodyear or Hoosier???

I run Goodyear also and tried Hoosier's twice. My car runs s/st 2860lbs ladder bar 3 speed trans C-4 one of the lower HP cars 129 mph and I could never get Hoosier's to feel like the Goodyear's. I ran both (Hoosier)14/32/15 and 13.5/32/15 I can't remember the compound I think CO5 and it always felt like it wasn't hooked. I went back to Goodyear and the car was back to normal (glued). P.S I tried all the shock and air press adjustments and just could not make em work for me. You may be good to go this is just what I went through.
Robbie Welch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 12:57 PM   #3
Cisco Kid

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Cisco Kid

I run the goodyear D1984,switched to a Hoosier for 1 race and then went and bought another set of Goodyears.. I did not like the way the Hoosiers felt..
2810 lb SST Camaro 10.90@139
Cisco Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:50 PM   #4
Pony Pilot

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. It's getting to be a major investment just to buy slicks anymore! I looked at the Hoosiers. They had a stiff sidewall tire, but all I saw was a soft compound. They were the least expensive, but if I have to replace them more often, I didn't see the sense in that. I also saw what appeared to be a good M/T tire; stiff sidewall and a medium compound, but they said they needed tubes, which I didn't want. Last time I had a set of tubeless M/Ts, they went flat every day or two! I went ahead and ordered another set of Goodyears.
Pony Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote