HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #11
david ring

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: What's the big deal about women in racing?

As I said, I'm REALLY happy for Danica-good for her and I really hope she has lots of success. My point is that women doing well in drag racing is nothing new!

BTW, get off the looks bit-studies show that in lots of professions, looks influence success and that goes for both men and women. Hell, studies have shown that professors who are ranked as better looking get better student evaluations! But my boss won't take that as an excuse for my evaluations-damn-it-all!
david ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #12
Greg Barsamian
VIP Member

Liked 390 Times in 84 Posts

She's Sponsored by "Big O" Tires!
Congratulations Jackie Alley the 2011 SS World Champion.........
Greg Barsamian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:41 AM   #13
goinbroke2

Liked 174 Times in 60 Posts

I think people are answering a question...but not the question asked.

What's the big deal about women in racing?
I agree, what is the big deal? In dragracing women have been around "forever" and are considered just another driver. There is certainly no slack given or taken just because their female.
In nascar as well as any other autosport, WOW, LOOK IT'S A WOMAN!!!! Really? Perhaps this just proves how sexist the other sports are?

Regardless whether Danica is good looking or not, the hoopla over her being a woman is what is demeaning. "wow you race cars..like a guy?"

How many on here have watched the win light come on in the other lane and it was a woman driver, and thought "crap, I lifted to early or got a bad light etc? Now who of you in that situation thought "aww gee I was beat by a girl" Seriously, who the F$%^ cares what sex the person is in the other lane. Anybody seriously think a person can't hit a light or drive the stripe....because they're a woman? REALLY? I didn't think so.

And yes the females promote this sexism just as much if they are not autosports savy.
"wow, a woman driver? she must be crazy, I wouldn't go out there with those guys"

Yeah, whatever.

Female drivers for me is a non issue. It's like asking what hair colour a driver has...who cares?
goinbroke2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #14
Lew Silverman
VIP Member

Liked 129 Times in 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by david ring View Post
Oh, it's just NASCAR that is making a big deal over Danica Patrick (I'm personally happy that she got a ride by the way). The same weekend she is getting all that press, two women pull down wins in Phoenix (SS and TAD). Oh yeah, over here in drag racing, a woman winning is not a big deal because it happens all the time-take that you circle track Janey-Come-Latelies!
I think the big deal, in NASCAR anyway, has been an almost total lack of gender or ethnic diversity in their Professional series! It's always been a male-dominated sport at that level, much like drag racing used to be. NASCAR recently hired a Vice-President of Diversity and started a program for bringing more ethnic minorities and women into the sport, starting on the local level.
Lew Silverman #2070
"The Wagon Master" N/SA
Lew Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:04 PM   #15
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 67 Times in 29 Posts

Women or men, if you have a great PR firm you can make any blemish disappear, just look at Denica:

(Danica Patrick Marries Paul Hospenthal)

Recently, Liz Mellott of NATIONAL SPEED SPORT NEWS followed up on Hospenthal’s sordid professional past - which actually goes beyond his reprimand for underage sex with a patient:

Under the Pennsylvania Department of State Health Licensing Boards Disciplinary Actions in October 2007, the story continues.

“Paul E. Hospenthal, license no. PT001940E of Scottsdale, Ariz., agreed to a permanent, voluntary surrender of his license because he had a license disciplined by the proper licensing authority of another state.” (09-27-07) So, now no longer on probation, he has no license.

Then, to add more soap to the opera, “The Board then discussed ordering Mr. Hospenthal to submit to a psycho-sexual evaluation. The motion carried by a unanimous roll call vote.” Wow, when the whole Pennsylvania State Board thinks you need a psycho-sexual evaluation, you would think it would be hard to get a date, much less marry an IRL star.

Mellott also reports that Hospenthal had another complaint lodged against him by a young patient in Arizona:

In the Arizona State Board of Physical Therapy records, there is another complaint that in 2000 he seduced another woman while she was his physical therapy patient and that they had a consensual sexual relationship for four years during which time she “periodically received physical therapy care from Mr. Hospenthal both in and out of his clinic. Boy can you hide things with money!
cicero819 is offline   Reply With Quote