Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-13-2017, 03:29 PM   #131
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts
Default Re: IHRA Ends Stock & Super Stock Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Why would want a breakout rule in a headsup race? It's racing!
That was when I quit them for sure.

Last edited by Ed Wright; 10-13-2017 at 03:36 PM.
Ed Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 01:55 AM   #132
Mike Schwartz

Liked 189 Times in 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hoven View Post
I'm not even sure the point of this or where you are going with it. 🙄
Look at the bright side of all of this. Now it's not a hard decision on whether to build an NHRA or IHRA class car.
Its just how I would try to explain a big-bucks footbrake race to an imaginary driver who's only racing experience was in SS or Stock at NHRA National Events. Its all factual.
Mike Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:10 PM   #133
Todd Hoven
VIP Member

Liked 720 Times in 151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schwartz View Post
Its just how I would try to explain a big-bucks footbrake race to an imaginary driver who's only racing experience was in SS or Stock at NHRA National Events. Its all factual.
I see. I was talking to a good friend tonight that was at the Numidia big money race today. He lost with a .004 and .008. One of
The races he took .004 stripe. Anybody that shows up at one of those races with a stocker or super stocker racing against foot brake cars on alcohol running 9's is going to have an uphill battle. At least in the northeast. The common person that shows up
at one of those races is a donater. Better off building a stocker and running a division race or one of the many fine S/SS associations. Going from class racing to big money racing is not a comparison. 2 different type of cars for each type of racing. Take your IHRA car and convert it to NHRA or run NMCA.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:56 AM   #134
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hoven View Post
I see. I was talking to a good friend tonight that was at the Numidia big money race today. He lost with a .004 and .008. One of
The races he took .004 stripe. Anybody that shows up at one of those races with a stocker or super stocker racing against foot brake cars on alcohol running 9's is going to have an uphill battle. At least in the northeast. The common person that shows up
at one of those races is a donater. Better off building a stocker and running a division race or one of the many fine S/SS associations. Going from class racing to big money racing is not a comparison. 2 different type of cars for each type of racing. Take your IHRA car and convert it to NHRA or run NMCA.
The car has little to do with it, in terms of "bracket car" vs "S/SS car". I drove my Stocker (and later as a Super Stocker) to a track championship, a Bracket Finals win (Actually, the main event plus two gamblers wins in the same week), two World Footbrake Challenge wins (The first time, I ran myself in the finals), and footbraked to a Box class win... just as a couple of examples.

A good package is a good package, and a good combination is a good combination. H*ll, I'd put my DF/S Turismo up against my Duster bracket car any day. I haven't even raced the Duster in years because the Volare was always light years better. Yes, the level of competition is very high. Step up.
Old 10-15-2017, 11:37 PM   #135
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Now that IHRA has gone all bracket racing don't be surprised if NHRA is watching how that works out.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 11:58 PM   #136
Todd Hoven
VIP Member

Liked 720 Times in 151 Posts

Mike your the extra extraordinary driver. You are also a race promoter. You want and need people at your races. I would expect you to toe the company line. Most stockers and Super stockers don't repeat like today's pro footbrake cars. Some vary .02 to .04 all weekend day and night. Your class cars were more like bracket cars anyway.
Take your class car and run the big money races. Good luck and have fun. That's what it is all about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Beard View Post
The car has little to do with it, in terms of "bracket car" vs "S/SS car". I drove my Stocker (and later as a Super Stocker) to a track championship, a Bracket Finals win (Actually, the main event plus two gamblers wins in the same week), two World Footbrake Challenge wins (The first time, I ran myself in the finals), and footbraked to a Box class win... just as a couple of examples.

A good package is a good package, and a good combination is a good combination. H*ll, I'd put my DF/S Turismo up against my Duster bracket car any day. I haven't even raced the Duster in years because the Volare was always light years better. Yes, the level of competition is very high. Step up.
Old 10-16-2017, 03:20 AM   #137
doug_dornbos

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc White View Post
There is an Interview with Scott Gardner about his time there as president. More geared towards the Pro side of things but gives you an idea on the mess over there. http://dragracingonline.com/scott-ga...innerview.html
Does anyone have a copy of this? It seems to be taken down from the DRO site. Google does not have a cached copy of it although they do show the first two lines of it in their link to it, and I can't get it to load from the Wayback Machine.

Thanks
Doug
doug_dornbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 11:19 AM   #138
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

They appear to have revamped their site, and the page has moved. Here's the new link:

http://www.dragracingonline.com/2017...innerview.html
Old 10-16-2017, 02:14 PM   #139
doug_dornbos

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Beard View Post
They appear to have revamped their site, and the page has moved. Here's the new link:

http://www.dragracingonline.com/2017...innerview.html
THANK-YOU Michael!
doug_dornbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 02:29 PM   #140
mark weymouth

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I did email NMCA over a week ago and they responded immediately. They will be recognizing IHRA stock/super stock/pure stock indexes.

For guys like me coming from MI it is a nice opportunity as many events are close and my daughters G/PS Mustang GT stick is not in need of an update to a full NHRA stocker yet. And as she is 16, she is just getting a start and a PS car was a perfect fit, glad it is still usable as is.

GLSSA will welcome your IHRA cars still also as they too were happy to reply and keep IHRA cars alive.

Thank you NMCA and GLSSA!
mark weymouth is offline   Reply With Quote