HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 09-15-2018, 11:38 PM   #11
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone heard from James Williamson?

Thanks Dave, this is not our first rodeo where I live but it is the worst in my lifetime.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:54 AM   #12
modelman1960

Liked 55 Times in 22 Posts

Mr. Williamson,
Hopefully you've been able to get back home. I have a friend that evacuated to Holly Springs, and was able to get back to Oak Island(her home) yesterday. If you have a moment, try to let us know about your home etc. Always like your reporting Sir.
God Bless,
Walt
modelman1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 12:11 PM   #13
mtkawboy

Liked 52 Times in 16 Posts

My son made it back to Jacksonville NC from Pigeon Forge TN but had to make a big circle. You can get there from here but its not easy- HWY 264 Raleigh to HWY 43 Greenville
-HWY 43 Greenville to HWY 17 S to New Bern
-HWY 70 in New Bern to HWY 24 W Morehead NC
-HWY 24W Morehead City NC to Jacksonville This currently the only route open
mtkawboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 06:19 PM   #14
HR9121
Live Reporter

Hey Mr Walt, our home is fine with only a little minor wind damage. We have a house on the river across from the downtown area that you've probably seen on the news. It was our first house when we got married and we rent it out now but it did suffer some damage but the house is elevated thankfully so water didn't get into the living space. There was over seven feet of water in the garage area of that house. We also bought a beach place at Emerald Isle this year, great timing right? Unfortunately that area is so heavily damaged that we've not been allowed back to yet so we're praying for the best there.
What this thing has done for me is restored my faith in mankind. There are people from all over the country here helping and assisting people of all walks of life. Things are really moving along but there is a long way to go. We have had these issues before but this is the worst in my lifetime.
I just hope people will continue to show support and help in any way they can. Even though the flooding has receded here there are still lots of communities under several feet of flood water around us as all the rain water now comes back downstream toward the ocean.
I thank you and everyone else's concern and I do hope to be back racing and reporting real soon and I'm hopeful that I can make it to Silver Dollar next weekend. All the calls, texts and Facebook messages as well as private messages on here have made me real proud to be a small part of the racing community. Thanks again!
Old 09-20-2018, 07:41 PM   #15
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

Sorry to see all the devastation James. The flooding pictures and videos I have seen were terrible. We had Super Storm Sandy up here that mostly knocked out power in my area for as much as 2 weeks. Flooding was only near the ocean coast line. One of my former co-workers had a place in New Bern. I am guessing he had significant damage if not a total loss. Hope you all recover from the storm and can rebuild.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:15 PM   #16
HR9121
Live Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Biebel View Post
Sorry to see all the devastation James. The flooding pictures and videos I have seen were terrible. We had Super Storm Sandy up here that mostly knocked out power in my area for as much as 2 weeks. Flooding was only near the ocean coast line. One of my former co-workers had a place in New Bern. I am guessing he had significant damage if not a total loss. Hope you all recover from the storm and can rebuild.
Rich the surrounding areas of New Bern have become a haven for retirees from the north. There are lots of subdivisions around, lots of great golf courses, ther water and mild weather without the headaches of Florida. Years ago my family started one not far from my house, it was originally named Treasure Cove and is now Fairfield Harbor which is right on a creek just off the river. It is a rather large community with 2 golf courses and is mostly Northern retirees living there but it was devastated. Something I thing you'll like though, we always referred to it as Yankee Stadium since that's where most of the people living there were well Yankees. 😂
Old 09-20-2018, 08:30 PM   #17
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

Thats funny James, and right now this very minute as usual I am watching my NY Yankees playing the Red Sox from Da Bronx on TV.........My ex co worker friend does not live in that New Bern home. He bought it to rent out and maybe one day move there. He’s a tech inspector at a small local dragstrip that was my home track for years. Island Dragway. Us Yankees get sick of cold snowy winters and head south where it’s nice and warm. A lot of my family moved to Florida many years ago. I hate winter but tolerate it. It’s fun digging out of a foot or more of snow usually in Feb or even March.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:31 PM   #18
Shake & Bake

Liked 32 Times in 28 Posts

Saw a lot of North & South Carolina license plates in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg TN. the week on the storm. At least they had what they call "Days Past" and there "Fall Rod Run" going on. Was expecting somewhere around 15,000 cars.
Shake & Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:24 PM   #19
Ronnie Hamlin

Liked 24 Times in 6 Posts

I work in Clinton, NC which is about an hour from the coast....I was talking to some first responders today from Los Angeles, California! They had driven straight through from LA to North Carolina in 53 hours changing drivers when they stopped for fuel and sleeping in the truck while covering ground...It was strange seeing their truck with County of Los Angeles lettering in Clinton, NC. As bad as this hurricane devastated my state, the amount of help that has arrived from all over the country restores your faith in mankind.
Ronnie Hamlin is offline   Reply With Quote