Old 04-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #21
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 685 Times in 131 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Wink Re: Really frustating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Fernandez View Post
Then a good lawyer will nail you.Come on Jim you can't get away with that any more.
Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.

75 more to go.
Worked for me! All though it was a long time ago and as I stated she couldn't even tell the judge what kind of car my SSer was. She had no idea what parts I had. Hard to put a price on something like that. Just sayin. Jim

Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
SSSSA Forum Moderator
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #22
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 456 Times in 172 Posts
Default Re: Really frustating

I have been divorced, but not since the 80's. I was able to keep property I had prior to the marriage, including the 1969 Roadrunner (I bought new and still have).....everything else was split (the value of).....She was a wonderful mother of 3 of my 4 children, but we just couldn't live together. No regrets.......after 4-5 years of being single and doing all the things I couldn't do while I was married.......I met Donna.....end of story.... after 20 years, we are more in love today than ever. She loves to go to the races, and you will never see me there without her. She always brings me to the "water box" (like I don't know where it is?????) but bringing me to the water box, tapping our wedding rings together, and her putting a kiss of the top drivers side of the windshield..........how could I go wrong. There is life after divorce. No one gets everything they think they deserve in a divorce.....My advise is to get through it as best you can....put it behind you,.....and then, move on. The longer you stay angry the longer you are from happiness. I hope you find the happiness that Donna and I share.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:02 PM   #23
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Wahl View Post
Worked for me! All though it was a long time ago and as I stated she couldn't even tell the judge what kind of car my SSer was. She had no idea what parts I had. Hard to put a price on something like that. Just sayin. Jim

That's two things you had working for you.Long time ago and she didn'tknow what you had.
Today it's a different world.Some states has a limitation on shared property and what and when acquired (before/after marriage).Terry needs to do his homework on this.It's sad it comes down to this but you have to do the best you can to save as much as you can.Good luck Terry.

74 more to go.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:45 AM   #24
Terry Cain

Liked 222 Times in 102 Posts
Default Update

OK, First post on this subject was April or so. Just signed papers yesterday to get all this mess behind me. She ended up with 1/2 my pension (which really hurts), 1/2 my 401K and some money we had in house and other small property. I got to keep house, my shop, all tools, RACECAR and trailer, truck and my live at home daughter who is very bitter about this mess. Looks like I will have to work an additional 2-5 years before retirement but in the meantime I can at least do some racing and both my daughters still love me. EX is a different story. Hope to be out in spring with a race car. Maybe not a killer car but at least it will be running. Thanks again for the support from all you guys on this site and at the tracks I usually go to.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #25
Bob Don
VIP Member

Liked 778 Times in 175 Posts

Sorry to hear of your woes but glad to see you're planning on returning to the track. I had a coworker who lost half his pension in a nasty divorce. He now has 40+ years on the job and says he refuses to retire so she can't get her half. Go figure...
Old 11-09-2012, 10:40 PM   #26
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

You kept the most important thing,your daughters.The other stuff is secondary.Good for you ,now enjoy the rest of your life.And either become celibate or keep it casual.:>):>):>)
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #27
bobby

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip marvetz View Post
Cheaper to keep her
Not worth the hassle.

Had one about 11 years ago, ex is still pestering me. I usually just say no to any questions she has, mostly asking for more money for our daughter ($700 a month child support isn't enough for one kid?). New wife (4 years in the making) is the most wonderful person I have ever met.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #28
Pistol Pete
VIP Member

Liked 689 Times in 183 Posts

Sorry to hear that Terry, but like Ed said if you have your daughters side things will be good.
You got to keep the Racecars & i know if it were me, i would want to keep mine too.

Hang Tuff, things happen for a reason.

My 2nd wife is "The Best". Even does All of the cooking when i put out my Big BBQ
At Englishtown.

Good Luck in the future & God always has a plan...

Pistol Pete
I/SA
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:55 PM   #29
NewHemi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As for putting your stuff in some else's name, be careful.

I had bought a nice little Porche Boxster right before my divorce hearing started. My lawyer said "hide that thing", so I "gifted" it to my girl friend of a couple years.

All was fine until I settled everything, and ask her to put it back into my name.

That is when she said, Oh I thought it was mine. So instead of paying insurance on it, I just sold it.

We didn't stay together too long after that.

Turns out, her attorney didn't like dealing with my ex wife any better than I did, and was just trying to get done with dealing with her. He never checked my bank accounts, or car titles, etc. Oh Well... You cant always count on that... But proceed with caution,

Your mileage may vary.

David
The New Hemi Guy
NewHemi is offline   Reply With Quote