HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge

Old 01-15-2014, 11:47 AM   #11
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 665 Times in 258 Posts
Default Re: Street Outlaws

Well, I would not call it sad. I would say it is what is expected with the "sanitized" production NHRA does. There isn't any drama to their productions. Then you could also go the other way with what I believe George Carlin pointed out. It has to be illegal or immoral to be fun or good!
That is what the viewers want, Drama, shady morals and something illegal & that is what they get. There are too many TV channels when they have to put on shows that teach you how to make illegal whiskey or do illegal street racing to have something on the air.

Last edited by Adger Smith; 01-15-2014 at 11:48 AM. Reason: sp
Adger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:59 AM   #12
Rat Raceway

Liked 35 Times in 17 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Rat Raceway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
They race on airport taxiways, I can tell from the yellow taxi stripes and the pronounced drainage grooves cut into the concrete.

Who knew all that air traffic controller stuff would come in handy six years after retirement.

The one I posted was run at a Road race track.

http://highplainsraceway.com/
Rat Raceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:04 PM   #13
Mike Taylor 3601
VIP Member

Liked 116 Times in 48 Posts

If it was as they try to make it appear on the shows,street outlaws,moonshiners,if you was the law you would have to be awful stupid not to be able to catch them.
I guess maybe they don't come on TV in their hometowns,that must be why the police can't catch them,LOL
My hometown where I grew up,Stanford Ky., has a show that has filmed alot of their episodes there.
Call of the wildman featuring "turtle man" Er nie Brown Jr. I can say this Er nie is not acting that is what he is like 24/7 and he does catch the animals,some of them may have been caught a few times,but I know one episode he caught a fox,that he did'nt want to.
If you have saw it that episode "Chicken Farmer Dave'' is a good friend of mine,his real life wife passed on being on the show w/him.
I know probaly 1/2 to 2/3 of people that has been on call of the wildman,I get a kick out of watching people I know on there.
Mike Taylor 3601
Mike Taylor 3601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:53 AM   #14
joe cool

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Its the circus mentality. I don't have cable but I have seen parts of all those shows.I know car people that drove 250 miles to attend a Pinks race but won't drive 5 miles to see a weekend race at the local 1/8 th mile track. Go Figure
Send in the clowns!
joe cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:51 PM   #15
Robert Swartz

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe cool View Post
Its the circus mentality. I don't have cable but I have seen parts of all those shows.I know car people that drove 250 miles to attend a Pinks race but won't drive 5 miles to see a weekend race at the local 1/8 th mile track. Go Figure
Send in the clowns!
I'll admit I do/have watched the show. It's just that a show. Clown mentality fits. Same as Pinks, went to the Indy race as a spectator. All the wannabes, drunks and idiots in the stands "yee hahing". Imagine many do the same thing in front of their TV's.

Yes, they promote street racing. Never saw a street race with the big rental telescoping lights and portapots. With all the trucks and trailers parked around, if this were real, can't imagine it would attract any notice? Doubt anyone in Oklahoma watches the show, much less in the town it takes place? Surely no police would be watching the "supposed" businesses these guys run? On top of that, these guys throw side bet money around like it's change you found in the couch!

The sad reality is there are many who probably believe this is real. Which means there will be copycats, those are the people that we'll be reading about in the papers.
95 Achieva EF/SA, 78 Mustang II U/SA (work in progress) #354 stock
Robert Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:05 AM   #16
Mike Taylor 3601
VIP Member

Liked 116 Times in 48 Posts

Robert,
There is copy cats here in KY they have made their "Top Ten List" last year one of them had buddies on forum these guys are on talking about how he needed to go to Ok.
His car ran 6.50's 1/8 which would be hard to get past #10 is my guess,but they thought he needed to get a hold of the "murder nova" I think that would been quick way to lost his money.
Mike Taylor 3601
Mike Taylor 3601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:28 PM   #17
BRIAN SEATE

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The problem is that the casual fan cant understand dial in racing. I would rather run heads up but that is not possible due to finances. The average person cant fathom what a race engine costs that would make heads up a possibility at their local track. The throttle stops don't help matters either. My cousin went to a points meet with me and shook his head in disbelief. He wanted to know what that was all about, referring to the throttle stops. I explained it to him and he understood, he is a computer guru. This however did not deter him from leaving the stands until Stock and Super Stock ran again. The local tracks here in North Carolina do a great job with diverse programs and test nights. The answer is not easy however, I wish it was.
BRIAN SEATE is offline   Reply With Quote