HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > All Star Racing Association

Old 06-19-2011, 11:22 AM   #21
Dan Bernay

Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Live from lebanon valley race #2 make up

60 cars!One hell of a turnout!Thanks to everyone that showed up.
ASRA shows HOW ITS DONE!!
Dan Bernay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:26 AM   #22
Dan Bernay

Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Casey View Post
The traction was what we would expect when it is 90 degrees and sunny beating on the starting line. We don't know how a certain big block automatic stocker can leave on the bumper in either lane thru the day and others have trouble.

Cooler today great racing coming up

Dave Casey
Marc LaBrecque
Mark Markow
Thanks for the cooler full of water!
Dan Bernay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:23 PM   #23
Marc LaBrecque

Liked 383 Times in 98 Posts
Exclamation Re: Live from lebanon valley race #2 make up

Hey guy's we can all find reasons to find fault . Speaking for myself I think Lebanon Valley has improved leaps and bounds over the past few years . I'm sure it would have been easier for Howard to pull the plug a year or two ago after the flood . They sucked it up busted their butt and had the place up and running in a couple of weeks . Seems to me Howard and Wayne DeMonte have a plan and a budget . A few of us walked the track Fri night before this weekends race , a few things you may not have noticed . First after paving a good portion of the track last year we noticed it to be smooth , we also noticed from the finish line down the track has been repaved over the last couple of weeks the run of is wider , deeper and softer . The top end has been widend for a better turn off . How about the addition of bathrooms not to mention the spectator toilets being done over . The place has seen some fresh paint and the grounds have been spiffed up. How about the back field which I remember being a second class racer if you pitted back there, seems now it's the place to be ! Sorry I know this started off about the traction problem this weekend , but remember , Sat. was a rain date that the track was kind enough to squeeze us in . Ford day , bikes in the Valley and test and tune were already scheduled lots of street tires . Let's not forget it rained about a week straight including fri. ! The internets a great tool to bad we seem to post more bad than good ! From my point of view the Valley is "OK" and getting better , thanks Wayne ,Howard and the crew . Now to some of that positive stuff . A big congrats to T.J. Boucher for his win and Al Mark for his runner up .Keep it up Al semi's at E-town runnerup this week look out ????

Just my thoughts
Marc
Marc LaBrecque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:46 PM   #24
gmonde

Liked 166 Times in 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc LaBrecque View Post
Hey guy's we can all find reasons to find fault . Speaking for myself I think Lebanon Valley has improved leaps and bounds over the past few years . I'm sure it would have been easier for Howard to pull the plug a year or two ago after the flood . They sucked it up busted their butt and had the place up and running in a couple of weeks . Seems to me Howard and Wayne DeMonte have a plan and a budget . A few of us walked the track Fri night before this weekends race , a few things you may not have noticed . First after paving a good portion of the track last year we noticed it to be smooth , we also noticed from the finish line down the track has been repaved over the last couple of weeks the run of is wider , deeper and softer . The top end has been widend for a better turn off . How about the addition of bathrooms not to mention the spectator toilets being done over . The place has seen some fresh paint and the grounds have been spiffed up. How about the back field which I remember being a second class racer if you pitted back there, seems now it's the place to be ! Sorry I know this started off about the traction problem this weekend , but remember , Sat. was a rain date that the track was kind enough to squeeze us in . Ford day , bikes in the Valley and test and tune were already scheduled lots of street tires . Let's not forget it rained about a week straight including fri. ! The internets a great tool to bad we seem to post more bad than good ! From my point of view the Valley is "OK" and getting better , thanks Wayne ,Howard and the crew . Now to some of that positive stuff . A big congrats to T.J. Boucher for his win and Al Mark for his runner up .Keep it up Al semi's at E-town runnerup this week look out ????

Just my thoughts
Marc
marc you are spot on ,i remember racing there when they had the beach chair on the starting line ,i know any race track can have its moments in any event and i know the valley has come along way and howard has invested alot and looks to the to continue to invest to the track and this is the a great place to race ,,,, like i said this wasnt to beat up howard just looking for input to better prepair my self for those conditions in the future

gmonde

Last edited by gmonde; 06-19-2011 at 08:52 PM.
gmonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:18 AM   #25
Bill Pomponi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Live from lebanon valley race #2 make up

I second all the comments. We're fortunate to have LV for us NE-ASRA racers. Howard has done a remarkable job and as everyone notices there are continual improvements each year to maintain and improve the track and auxillary facilities. Looking forward to the divisional in two weeks which I'm sure will be handled in a very professional manner making the race weekend enjoyable for all. CONGRATS to TJ and Al Mark for RU. Thanks to all our sponsors as well !!
Bill Pomponi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:44 PM   #26
Johnny Gray

Liked 40 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmonde View Post
marc you are spot on ,i remember racing there when they had the beach chair on the starting line ,i know any race track can have its moments in any event and i know the valley has come along way and howard has invested alot and looks to the to continue to invest to the track and this is the a great place to race ,,,, like i said this wasnt to beat up howard just looking for input to better prepair my self for those conditions in the future

gmonde
After watching Broadbent all these years I've learned a few things about getting down a hot race track. Take all the spare weight you have in your trailer and put it (legally) in your race car. Retard the timing 5 degrees. Take some air out of the slicks. And then take some starting line RPM away. (then find a way to cut a light) It sucks slowing your car down because we all like going fast, but it sucks worst spinning the tires. Hang tough see you next weekend.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:02 PM   #27
Sam Murray

Liked 57 Times in 28 Posts

Johnny, your giving all of us Stick Guys secrets away!