HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > Carolina Class Racers Association

Old 11-02-2015, 07:26 PM   #1
Ed McLawhorn Jr.

Liked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Default Thanks

Wanted to give a big thanks to a couple folks from this past weekend at Fayetteville CCRA race. It was my first and I thought I had everything loaded and ready Friday evening. WRONG! Upon attempting to start generator, I realized I had the wrong key. Thanks to the Rowes who allowed me to tie into their generator for the duration. Need to thank Bert Powell for that first air tank of air for shifter and Sterling Simmons for the clothes hanger wire to tie the broken evac on header.

It was nice meeting new racers and seeing folks I had not seen in a long time. Enjoyed the experience and looking forward to going again soon.

Ed McLawhorn
SS/MA 9266
Ed McLawhorn Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 08:13 PM   #2
Tracy Robbins

Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed McLawhorn Jr. View Post
Wanted to give a big thanks to a couple folks from this past weekend at Fayetteville CCRA race. It was my first and I thought I had everything loaded and ready Friday evening. WRONG! Upon attempting to start generator, I realized I had the wrong key. Thanks to the Rowes who allowed me to tie into their generator for the duration. Need to thank Bert Powell for that first air tank of air for shifter and Sterling Simmons for the clothes hanger wire to tie the broken evac on header.

It was nice meeting new racers and seeing folks I had not seen in a long time. Enjoyed the experience and looking forward to going again soon.

Ed McLawhorn
SS/MA 9266
Ed you will find that class racers are some of the most generous and helpful people you will meet. I'm glad you joined us and had a good time...hope to see you at VMP this weekend!
Old 11-02-2015, 09:02 PM   #3
Ed McLawhorn Jr.

Liked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Default Re: Thanks

Tracy, so right about the classracers. I started traveling with my dad to mostly division 2 races at age 7 in 1965 and continued until mid 80's. Everywhere we went, the classracers were very generous and helpful, definitely a class group. Finances just prevent class racing when ported cylinder heads were legal in the 80's. In 2013, I started my entry back to class racing with dad's same 66 wagon and 283 (was on the engine stand for almost 28yrs).

Will not be able to make VMP this weekend as I already have plans. Look forward to see what CCRA has in store for 2016.

Ed McLawhorn
SS/MA 9266
Ed McLawhorn Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote