HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-09-2009, 02:13 PM   #11
Casey Miles

Liked 445 Times in 83 Posts
Default Re: IHRA national event in Florida?

Not much has changed in the pit area that I can tell, construction seems to have come to a hault. I'm there almost every ET race. The only work that may have changed is when you come in the East gate, they seem to be cleaning that area up.

Casey Miles
248H
Casey Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:49 PM   #12
Gary Smith

Liked 76 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Miles View Post
Not much has changed in the pit area that I can tell, construction seems to have come to a hault. I'm there almost every ET race. The only work that may have changed is when you come in the East gate, they seem to be cleaning that area up.

Casey Miles
248H
Yep, that's the area I was referring to. The paving of that area was supposed to be next on the list. Then if they move whatever mfr midway activity to the west side they should be able to pull it off.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:45 AM   #13
Snowball Racing

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

No way they can run a national there right now without using the road course for parking, Period..

The pros would take care of the parking that is there now.
Snowball Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:35 AM   #14
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 1,005 Times in 305 Posts

Well VMP is not a rumor anymore....Guess we will have to see who get's another NHRA D-1 Race??? Numidia Maybe??? Should find out very soon, I think the D-1 2010 Schedule comes out very soon...

Virginia Motorsports Park will once again fly the IHRA banner, as announced last evening by the sanctioning body.

The multipurpose facility is located in Dinwiddie, Va, just outside of Petersburg, returns after leaving in 2005 to host an NHRA event.

“We are thrilled to be back with the IHRA. We think that our business model moving forward is a perfect fit with what they have planned,” said Bryan Pierce, General Manager of Virginia Motorsports Park. “We want to provide fun, affordable family entertainment and we think the IHRA represents that. From that standpoint I think the two are a great fit.”

Virginia Motorsports Park will complete a four-year stint with the NHRA at the end of the year and will immediately fall back into rotation hosting Nitro Jam and Thunder Jam events in 2010.

“We couldn’t be happier with the return of Virginia Motorsports Park to the IHRA family. There is quite a history between the track and our organization so I am thrilled to bring that tradition back to the IHRA,” said IHRA President Aaron Polburn. “When I went down there this week and saw just how beautiful this facility really is it reminded me why so many people were upset when we left in the first place. I am glad to be back.”

The track's addition is just one of many new faces expected to appear on the 2010 IHRA tour.

“We think the programming and shows that IHRA has put together now and into the future are going to fit well with our market and the people who come out to see fun and exciting events,” Pierce said.

Following in the steps of Virginia Motorsports Park, another major track announcement is expected within the next couple of weeks. According to sources, that facility of Palm beach International Raceway in West Palm Beach, Fla, and will host a February national event.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:30 AM   #15
Gary Smith

Liked 76 Times in 24 Posts

After doing a comparison of PBIR pit space to other IHRA facilities it's not as good as I originally thought.

The yellow area is immediate wasted space that could still be paved for additional pit parking. The red area was a bad decision when planning the road course and additional land that could have been converted. The barrier wall surrounding the road course carousel turn should be removable for hosting large drag race events, gaining additional pit space. I love having this dragstrip within 30 minutes to home. But it's depressing to see bad decisions continue, some similar to the old management, and eroding hope of ever hosting major events. Just my opinion.

I guess we'll have to see what happens.

Last edited by Gary Smith; 09-10-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Gary Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:26 PM   #16
Myron Piatek
VIP Member

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts
Thumbs up Re: IHRA national event in Florida?

Itr's official now!

http://www.ihra.com/article/5172.html
Old 09-21-2009, 07:00 PM   #17
larrylomascolo

Liked 64 Times in 28 Posts

When Toronto had a IHRA nat.event,they used the road coarse for all sportsman and who ever wanted to pit their,lots of parking for rigs on road coarse in Fla.track
larrylomascolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:33 PM   #18
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 1,005 Times in 305 Posts

Plus if this happens to be true then we might have to worry about Pro's next year or a select few...

Breaking News: IHRA pro show will be on ‘menu’ for 2010, or, One from column A, one from column B

One of Agent 1320’s Southeast operatives has passed along some information that, combined with info received from current IHRA pro racers, gives the Agent confidence that he can now say for certain what the IHRA series will be like for the 2010 racing season.

The IHRA will continue with three-day races for their sportsman categories, but whether they will have a cash-paying points program is not yet known. It is not yet clear if the alky funny cars will be treated as pro or sportsman racers.

The IHRA will offer a “menu” of professional classes ranging from Top Fuel, Pro Mod, Pro Stock and perhaps other classes such a AA/FC’s, jet cars and wheelstanders. Each track operator will select the classes from the “menu” and those cars will be booked in and paid a flat rate.

The Agent has been unable to determine how many times a weekend the booked show will run and on which days. It would also appear that there would be no professional points or world champions for the pro classes. That the once proud IHRA would be forced to revert to this is a sad commentary of the sport and business of drag racing.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote