Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-12-2010, 10:07 PM   #11
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Liberty, G-force or Jerico?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Curtis View Post
Which transmission would you recomend for a small block Mopar and why? They are all in the same price range. I can use either 4-speed or 5-speed. Most likely a 5-speed.
Thank you,
Larry
Larry, Id love to know what you find out on this, the more I think about it the more I like it, Autos well, I dont like em, because I dont understand em. Simple. The old man does and hes magic with a glide or a TF but well.....I look at it and its like looking at the Chineese alphabet.

Im fast on a shift, I think cranking 9 gears faster than most can row 3 my whole life, well, I get it......Autos , Stall, yeah not so much which means I have to depend on others and that I dont like either.

Not so much for the DP but for my next project which will start soon.

I know GForce has some 4 speed and 5 speeds on sale that came from Nascar, any ratios you want reasonable reconditioned.

I dont understand the "subleties" of the Drag tranny even in manual form but for me thats a lot shorter learning curve than an auto. 5 minutes on the phone with a tech at GForce and I got why the differences between what I knew from bikes and why this way.

And, the factors against the man combo are lower....at our success (errrrr... failure rate) at the moment....I can use any edge I can use, I mean come on .3 under E with an F weight car ? Errrrrrrrr....

But Ive been told we got a pretty and nicley built cat by many thats got to count for something right ?
Chris "Drooze" Wertman 3132 (F/SA 2009 Challenger Drag Pak #24 with a best of 10.59)
Chris "drooze" Wertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:22 AM   #12
Rod Greene

Liked 204 Times in 72 Posts

Hi Alan , What are you guys up to now? I'll be home next week I will check my inventory and see what I have.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:05 PM   #13
Jeff Lee
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Curtis View Post
Why is his clutch better than the McLeod Softlock? Thank you for your help.
When was the soft lock brought to market? Then that's about when R&D stopped. It's a good product but advances have been made in all aspects of clutch technology.
His clutches are constantly being re-evaluated for improvements. Now the Pro Stock teams are calling him. I had two of the sportsman single 10" and now have a Sportsman dual 7" waiting for the new engine and chassis.