HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 04-29-2014, 10:16 AM   #21
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: LIVE from the Auto Meter Northern Class Nationals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick Racing View Post
What kind of fuel dealers will be there and will it be available Thursday?
The VP Fuels trailer will be there starting Thursday.

ATTN: Auto Meter Northern Class Nationals early parkers: Please use the tower gate entrance today (Tuesday, 4/29)

Old 04-29-2014, 02:58 PM   #22
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Event t-shirts are in! Available in navy or sport grey, $15/ea. (Back design shown here on navy, front design shown on grey). Sorry, no pre-event orders or "save me one". First come, first serve at the event this weekend. You know the saying - "You've gotta BE THERE!"
Old 04-29-2014, 04:32 PM   #23
KennyAnderson

Liked 243 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Beard View Post

Event t-shirts are in! Available in navy or sport grey, $15/ea. (Back design shown here on navy, front design shown on grey). Sorry, no pre-event orders or "save me one". First come, first serve at the event this weekend. You know the saying - "You've gotta BE THERE!"
Completely understood. However if a Blue 3x happened to fall thru the cracks I would be a bigger MB fan than I am rt now!

PS When and where is the Southern Class Nats?!?!? We are READY!!!
KennyAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:14 PM   #24
FINESPLINE

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Would like to wish everyone attending the NORTHERN CLASS NATIONALS the best of luck ,safe passage and have a hell of a great time.
FINESPLINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:00 PM   #25
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Early parkers can resume using the regular entrance (Gate A).
Old 04-29-2014, 10:52 PM   #26
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Talking Re: LIVE from the Auto Meter Northern Class Nationals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyAnderson View Post
Completely understood. However if a Blue 3x happened to fall thru the cracks I would be a bigger MB fan than I am rt now!

PS When and where is the Southern Class Nats?!?!? We are READY!!!
Yeah,,, what he said about a blue 3x,,, I'll be there Friday morning.
Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:19 PM   #27
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts

Good luck Micheal. With any luck this event will be talked about for the next 10 years like the prior Class Nationals. Hope to be there for at least one day and greet people at our place on their way to or from....Dick Butler
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:19 AM   #28
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,397 Times in 1,944 Posts

Good morning!!

We are on our way! It is a bright, beautiful day here in western KY as we are leaving. Looks like there might be a little rain on up toward Cincinnati and Columbus now, but hopefully it will be gone by the time we get there. Our son, Chris, is with us for this trip. We are looking forward to a great weekend of racing and family time!

I will continue posting on this "Live" thread along with others I'm sure. Be sure and come by and introduce yourselves so we can put faces with internet names!

Safe travels to all coming for this great event!

More later.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:48 AM   #29
Michael Beard
VIP Member

The Columbus area west of the track experienced some strong storms last night. We were treated to a spectacular lightning show to the north and west of the track. We saw Facebook posts and received e-mails with people talking about hail, flash floods, and generally the end of the world. Once again, the weather forecasters were more than just a little wrong. The only heavy rain the track received was Monday night and into Tuesday morning. The water receded and the asphalt dried quickly.

Yesterday they said 80% chance of rain. This is what "80%" looked like:

We could have run a complete race program yesterday. The only leftover water was down in the low-laying *spectator* lot. Remember - we don't have Alky, Comp, TS, TD, Comp, SC, SG, SST, snowmobiles, Harleys, or anything else: Just Stock and Super Stock. This is YOUR race, and all that asphalt is yours.

While the end of the world was being foretold (by people who were not at the track), we were actually at the track, and we stood there, watching the line of storms run west and north of the track. We went out to a late dinner in Heath, and didn't see a drop. I actually stopped by the track on the way home last night, at 11pm. It finally sprinkled, but there was no hail, no flash floods, no locusts, and the road at the gate booth (the lowest area, with a creek running behind it) was completely free and clear. I didn't run into any real weather until I was west of 270, 30min west of the track.

Nitro Joe reported in this morning, "We are back working out of the regular Gate A entrance. Rain didn't hurt anything. I opened it up at 6am this morning."

Anthony and I will be running more boxes of hats, trophies, t-shirts out to the track this afternoon. I'll take more pictures and give you reports of the ACTUAL weather AT the track, not inaccurate forecasts for places where the track's not even located.

In even better news, last night, the thrashing-est SS/K crew in the country headed out from Texas with Ed Carpenter at the wheel for the Auto Meter Northern Class Nationals. Former IHRA Stock World Champion Myron Piatek begins his trek from Holly Hill, FL today. White-Welker & Welker Law Firm has put up $100 for the Longest Tow (must be single-car entry and no fly-ins) Ed's got Myron beat by a couple hundred miles. We've heard of teams coming from Louisiana and California. Don't count out dem Canadians! Who's making the longest trip?

We even have fans flying or driving in from Washington, South Dakota, Florida, Virginia, West Virginia, Connecticut, Ontario and parts inbetween. We're just a couple days away now! Get all the event info at www.looserocker.com
Old 04-30-2014, 09:00 AM   #30
69Cobra

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I can't wait!!! I'll be heading up tomorrow for the Northern Ky / Cincinnati Area and again I know Philbilly mentioned it as well if anybody has any problems around Northern Ky / Cincinnati Area give one of us a call and we will do all we can to help.

513-623-6290
69Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote