HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-25-2008, 06:29 PM   #1
njk53

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry Dead Beat Contingency Providers

From time to time I have been reading about guys complaining about deadbeat companies taking their good old time paying off
contingencies or not paying off at all. My brother and I are new to stock eliminator and would like to know who to stay away from if at all possible. These guys make quite a bit of money from us racers and if they don't treat the racers right, I am not going to use their products if there is a good alternative.
We are not heavy hitters but one day you never know, you may end up winning or runner up and end up getting stiffed by these guys.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:01 PM   #2
vic guilmino

Liked 56 Times in 21 Posts
Angry Re: Dead Beat Contingency Providers

Jw is one
Old 12-26-2008, 08:22 AM   #3
Lou SG2340

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Dead Beat Contingency Providers

JW, Castrol, Crane Cams have yet to pay for June Atco win
Lou SG2340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:59 AM   #4
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 700 Times in 204 Posts

All my contingencies from my r/u at MG have paid ,EXCEPT, Crane, which just sent the tax form to"enable them to pay me",120 days after the event ,,,and CSI, for the water pump. .......Most of the manufacturers are pretty decent, only a few who seem to be bad players. ......Strange is the absolute BEST as far as paying ,and supporting the racer. ....Theirs were the first checks I got for both contingency,and the Perfectly Strange Award, Which was on my doorstep,delivered by Big Brown the following Wed. after the race! ................Tom
Old 12-26-2008, 10:56 AM   #5
Robert Pare Racing

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Definitely stay away from CSI..I think Jet Hot sucks too..support the companies that support and promote our sport...Strange, ATI, Mark Williams, any of the Honeywell brands, Hoosier, Turbo Action, Comp Cams, VP, and Royal Purple are just a few that have a decent report card when it comes to paying contingency moneys quickly and painlessly. I am sure there are more good ones than bad..Maybe Lee Zane can chime in and let you know more about it, he has checks raining on him about right now.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:38 PM   #6
John Mason

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Comp is always the 1st to pay, followed shortly by Mickey Thompson.
As noted, JW takes months of e-mails and/or phone calls to get paid. Prior experience as a bill collector is a great help when dealing with them. Get the names of all you talk to as turnover is very high.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:07 PM   #7
luckydog

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ATI is the first to pay me. Mickey Thompson, Jegs, Moser, Comp, ARP,Russells, Holley and Stroud usually pay within one month. Summit is usually pretty quick also. I had a win and runner-up in June that I'm still waiting on money from BTE and Crane. I talked to Chase Knight of Crane at PRI and he told me they are just getting caught up. Last season was the same way with Crane. After numerous emails I just finally got my money from CSR the other day....
Old 12-26-2008, 06:38 PM   #8
trmnatr

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
ATI is the first to pay me. Mickey Thompson, Jegs, Moser, Comp, ARP,Russells, Holley and Stroud usually pay within one month. Summit is usually pretty quick also. I had a win and runner-up in June that I'm still waiting on money from BTE and Crane. I talked to Chase Knight of Crane at PRI and he told me they are just getting caught up. Last season was the same way with Crane. After numerous emails I just finally got my money from CSR the other day....
With Crane they can be off by dates on this kind of stuff and back orders too BUT they will take care of it,, Chase is a very good person to deal with, Roy too

Maybe some of these companies are a little late due to the economy (??)

My opinion is,, Its better to get it late than to not get it at all
trmnatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:46 PM   #9
Patrick Kelliher

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I love the tax form I got from Crane with the note "to expedite payment." Never mind I received this form after getting checks from all the other companies. I still have yet to see Crane's actual check.
Patrick Kelliher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:28 AM   #10
tim worner

Liked 126 Times in 20 Posts

What really grips me is that these companies that have not paid out all year are posted with NHRA for 2009. How can they do that. Should they not have 2008 season payments taken care of before they are able to post for 2009. My preliminary count of contingency sponcers for 2009 is 20 less than 2008 even counting the ones that have not paid for this past season. 20 X $300 = $6000. That's a pretty large loss.