Old 09-10-2009, 03:34 PM   #241
Toby Lang
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Live from Indy!!! US Nationals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Toby,
I don't think they are "meanies". I think we just have a disagreement on the interpretation of the rulebook.

Patsy

OK, instead of "meanies" I should have said "those guys that get all the special treatment I don't care to ever see again." Pretty harsh words for a simple rulebook interpretation disagreement.

Thanks for the reports.

-Toby
Toby Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:43 PM   #242
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 194 Times in 77 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Thumbs up Re: Live from Indy!!! US Nationals

Larry & Patsy Hill,

Add my name to that long and heavy list of racers and fans that are happy for the photos & coverage you two give to all of the races you attend! Given that this was my worst racing season ever (only garnering the funds to race in one event), except for participating in the Jegs Pacific Sportsnationals (where even that race didn't turn out at least as expected--class winner DF/S?), dragster listed me as the winner, but my damn starter chose that race to dump on me when I had to restart my car following another racers mis-fortune (prior to my single for the Wally)!

Some year GOD willing, I'll have the funds to make my way out there to Indy to race (what I think should be called at least this year), the US "NOVA" NATIONALS!!! I hope to get the pleasure of meeting the both of you then as well! Furthermore, I think it was cool that in this land of Camaros and Mustangs, that three of the four finalist in both Stock & Super Stock were driving Novas---hat's off to Gary Waldo, Larry Stewart Jr., and Mike Iacono for putting the Nova name at the top of those classes...I'm sure that all of the Nova racers were quite pleased as well (especially Brainerd winner Steve Koppien)!!!

Indy will not see me until I get my engine freshened---I'm still running the same mill that was built way back in 1996..thank you Verle Stevens for the long lasting engine!!! His engine work and that "Restore" engine treatment have done wonders for my low budget operation!!! Moreover, a camshaft, and a set of headers, should do wonders for getting me to qualify 1.002 (or better) under the index for Indy...I still won't beat Nicole Stephenson's car, but at least I'll have a chance to make the field (Hooker you guys used to make them for my 173V6, but ya'll dissed the casting for my engine, so now I have to get them custom made for $1,000 bucks... )....if any one out there either has a set of those headers lying around that were made for the early '80's Chevy Citation 173V6, pm me so that we can talk about how I can get them from you, or whoever???

As for me and my Z24, I'm moving from Mesa back to Tempe (where I was able to enjoy much more drag racing these previous two seasons), in two days which will reward me with a lower cost of living, but still a nice place to live, so now I'm getting amped up for the 2010 season, where I'm looking forward to improving on my points finishes in Div. 7, and nationally by attending more races, and having more than just one good race a year...lol!!!

Larry & Patsy, I hope your race in Earlville went good for you, and all remaining races for you this season are great...you two have made this otherwise bummer season for the "Shark Bait" entry easier to cope with with your race sharing---we don't get to see/this kind of coverage on ESPN! Please keep it up, and stay safe out there!!!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)

Last edited by GarysZ24; 09-13-2009 at 05:51 PM.
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:57 PM   #243
doglover44
VIP Member

Liked 392 Times in 181 Posts

When called to teardown what does the tech staff look for ?
Old 12-09-2009, 09:36 AM   #244
Bob Pagano
VIP Member

Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts

Anything they want, head, intake, carb, piston & rod, crank , check cam lift. if its in the rule book they can ask to see or measure it like wheelbase front wheel stager and I guess you can figure the rest. Its their call.