HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Top Sportsman and Top Dragster

Old 08-12-2010, 01:40 PM   #11
masracing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: TD and TS Q16 at LVD Sept 5

Mike speak for yourself on the no one is coming for that payout

If they can guaruntee 800 bucks for a quick 8 or 1600 for a quick 16 I will be there

3 rounds of work to win 800 bucks. What other race pays that around here

I was at Atco two weeks ago for a 25k race. paid 300 dollars to enter. Lost in the 4th round and got my 300 dollars back 4th round means I would have allready won a quick 8 and runner upped in a quick 16.

Bottom line I show up to race. If you can find the cars to support a quick 8 heads up race more power to you. I will save my money and go to another Top Dragster race.

I wish some others would post there opinions on this topic

B.J. Masiello
masracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:18 PM   #12
Michael Galofaro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nobody goes now for the payouts they have so what are you talking about ? They have a 1000 to win and the first race I was told had 2 cars !!! YES 2 cars. The last race had cars but they were all super pro cars - correct e if I am wrong but the final was 6.80 dial vs 10.50 dial. And there is nothing wrong with that if that's what you guys want.

I understand you will race for 800 for a top dragster race. I would too if I had a regular dragster car that most people have around here - (which people that run 7.00-7.70 consider a top dragster car) when you have cars like I, warren, frank, brendan, wayne, glenn puluse, gary from syracuse the pro comp guys etc etc we are not going to do that. - you ask anyone if they are going to pay 135 + crew so now 200 + to race for 800 if that flies ?? The pro comp racing pay more than double that and free entry for 4 crew. So your 800 -135-140(4 crew) -200 fuel to get there - 50 tolls-100race fuel and nitrous we are at 625 just for me to come there for the day - I win the race i pocket 175. Now I feed everyone and wear and tear - is it worth it? I know we dont do this to get rich but at least make it a little enticing - no ??

You pay 800 to win quick 8 free entry etc then MAYBE some of the people above will race. You cannot compare the bracket racing at atco with ANY quick 8 racing. That is just what it is bracket racing - I dont have a car to be able to run those races - neither do the above guys.

So if you don't think we can get at least 8-10 cars to run 6.50 or better I just gave you 7 names and there are others from the pro comp and dc outlaw class that would come IF the race was right.

You and Debbie are talking about one race - I am talking about a total diff race. One is for bracket cars (ones that you can race and drive around 20 rounds a day) the other is not. And again that is fine - I am not saying for you to pay money and try to run the quick 8 - run the bracket program. As was stated they should have a quick 8 (meaning first to the line) and a bracket class as well. When I or any of the above people hear quick 8 racing we think quick 8 not brackets - so maybe if there was more clarification then none of us would be bothering to see what's going on, pay etc etc. And prob keep morons off the page as well - although they are pretty funny.

Are we on the same page now ?

Last edited by Michael Galofaro; 08-12-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Michael Galofaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:14 PM   #13
HofmannRacing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok Guys ,heres how it looks as of now.I will know more by sat and try to finalize everything by then.

2 seperate races

race #1 Q8 Heads up pro tree 6.40 index

open to door cars -dragsters-altered-funny cars (no nitro) whatever 8 fastest cars will run heads up with a 6.40 cut off

race #2 Q8 dial in racing

open to dragsters-door cars-altered's (top dragster-top sportsman rules apply) with the exception of this will be 7.49 and quicker

Payouts and entry as of now are looking like:

Q8 heads up: no entry fee for car and driver and 2 free crew (additional crew $35.00)
Winner $1500.00
Runner Up $750.00
Semis $125.00

Q8 dial in racing: entry for car and driver $135.00 $25.00 per crew guy
Winner $800.00
Runner up $400.00
Semi's $100.00

i'm going to start its own thread when i know more,so for now rather than complain about it , just let me know if you want to race that day Aug 29th..from what i see its a pretty good deal..
lets see:
Divisional race 4 days long $175.00 to enter add $35 per crew guy, food- fuel -tolls-nitrous-race fuel..ect....and have to go 3 rds to get entry back! dont know about you guys but it cost me a $1000.00 to run a div race and it pays $1500 to win, and most of you guys run these races and have no prob doing it...so whats the prob with running a 1 day race for the payouts above?
HofmannRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:17 PM   #14
JR fuel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My vote would be for a Quick 8 or 16 dial your own e.t.
JR fuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:23 PM   #15
Michael Galofaro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

For race 1 count me in.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:23 PM   #16
jayork1331

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

no dog in this fight just a fan who loves fast cars....just wondering if maybe using the 6.20 pro comp index might entice others to come. I know that 6.40 is the proposed but maybe a few more racers will come if it were 6.20 where the field is comprised of a quick 8 and those that dont make the cut will run the 7.49 and quicker making that a quick 16...

Last edited by jayork1331; 08-12-2010 at 04:32 PM. Reason: clarification
jayork1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:07 PM   #17
pentastarrail

Liked 14 Times in 5 Posts

HEY,
Can I double enter??

just kiding

I'm in for the heads up Q8 (as long as my trans is OK).
The boss is in for the regular dial in Q8.
pentastarrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:51 PM   #18
masracing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Count me in for the dial in race

I will recruit as many others as I can! Sounds like it should be a great day cant wait

Everybody is getting what they want so all that is left to do is race. No reason for anyone not to be there.

How about a King of the hill first to the finish line race for the winner of each class. No extra money just bragging rights. Just kidding! or am I?

B.J. Masiello
masracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:02 PM   #19
ScottHall

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm in for the Heads Up Q8. We will be there.

I will be @ Indy, so September 5th is out.

Scott Hall
ScottHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:04 PM   #20
Michael Galofaro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is it going to be the fastest 8 or the fastest closest to 6.40 without going under it? I assume it's the second ? Either way this will be an awesome race and I look forward to coming and appreciate Wayne Hoffman and whoever he is working with at the track for putting this together - especially this fast.
I do believe there is going to be a place for a class like this in the coming years. As I mentioned there is a nice handful of people in the area who want to run this stuff and will support it. Along with the dial quick 8 we can now have the best of both worlds and, if possible, please everyone.
The 6.40 index will allow some of the fast TS cars to compete as well if they choose - if you make it the 6.20 pro comp index that will eliminate them from the race (well most of them).
Either way if the guys I mentioned are not on here but their friends are let them know and post a note if they will be interested and if they are coming.
It only makes sense to understand what we are dealing with (to see if we have the cars and people) to make it correct. This way the track will see first hand the interest and can feel comfortable that it will be a success.

Just my 2 cents - look forward to it.