HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Top Sportsman and Top Dragster

Old 04-02-2010, 03:13 PM   #11
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: I'm new here: Super Comp/Top Comp dragsters

Barraccuda

I would think that since your probably physically smaller than most and with the economy in the tank and given that you probably fit in just about any dragster out there and there are a lot of them for sale turnkey on Racingjunk.com which can save you a lost of $$.
Just take your Uncle along to look it over good.

Last edited by Bill Baer; 04-02-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Bill Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:21 AM   #12
Chris Williams

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Baer View Post
I would think that since your probably physically smaller than most and with the economy in the tank and given that you probably fit in just about any dragster out there and there are a lot of them for sale turnkey on Racingjunk.com which can save you a lost of $$.
Just take your Uncle along to look it over good.
Excellent advice.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:05 PM   #13
Gallinero Racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is the every right time to buy anything cheap!!!! Just got a 98 225" frame with body for 2k. Dana rear out of a super gas car that was destroyed for $1500 that has Titanium spool, 40 spline 2 sets of gears, JZS brake system including the discs, four link bars and brand spanking new Weld Aluma star.....yes is heavy but I don't have to worry about brakage etc..... and if i want to have fun, this is a good way to start. I was lucky enough to have this thing measured exactly what i needed for the dragster. Also, got a short block chevy out of another dragster and 750 holley and couple of a million parts for $250. On another deal I picked up a Brand new Team G intake and an MSD 6a bla, bla for $150. I have spend not even 4K and i have practically everything i need to put a car together. Now, go out there and do your home work. I have couple of body's for sale cheap ( $500) if you want to go door car and one of them is ready for cage, rear etc. and is completely stripped. Things can be done but someone has to move their behind.
Gallinero Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:20 PM   #14
metalriff

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I too am considering purchasing a Top Dragster car. I would like to tag along with a team a few times to get more acquainted though. I'm in western WI. Thanks Todd
metalriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:38 PM   #15
Tweaker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I like this topic since I've been wanting to go rail forever. Been bracket racing since 17 off and on in different street cars and now I'm 27 and in the not to distant future I may finally be able to make it a reality going to a rail to run local Super Pro/Box classes. Going to get my license this fall/winter at the latest. I've been saving up money and I'm going to sell the door car I drive now sometime Q4 2010 or Q1 2011 which is also my daily driver. Then get a truck to pull and look for a nice Turn key type deal on racing junk for like 20k w/ trailer would be nice. Got to start somewhere Good luck and I hope we both accomplish what we want to do :P If anyone here runs at Palm Beach International Raceway let me know so I can stop by and learn more about rails etc I'm running the No Box class this year. The hardest part is being patient!! and urgh right now I'm counting down the months til Fall so then I'll go to school and get start the process of selling my mustang.
Tweaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:09 PM   #16
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Cool Re: I'm new here: Super Comp/Top Comp dragsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalriff View Post
I too am considering purchasing a Top Dragster car. I would like to tag along with a team a few times to get more acquainted though. I'm in western WI. Thanks Todd
Todd

The closest I get to you is Earville IA on June 26th.& 27th. or Union Grove August 28th & 29th. We race SuperComp but you welcome to come hang out with us and ask questions.
E-mail me or just show up and say Hello.
Sincerely
Billy Baer (E-mail Greatbaer@sbcglobal.net)
Old 05-26-2010, 09:10 PM   #17
metalriff

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks! I'll come down to Earlville then. Todd
metalriff is offline   Reply With Quote