HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-25-2007, 10:44 AM   #1
thumbprint

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to thumbprint
Default Can not believe winner of best engineered at E-Town

I always thought that something new and fresh would win in this catagory, maybe I am wrong. What a joke.

thumbprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:47 AM   #2
TS310C

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Personally I have never seen a cutlass roadster. I thought it was pretty cool!

Old 06-25-2007, 04:37 PM   #3
JimmyStack149K

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The cutlass roadster is new and fresh...how many of them do you see out there. Not only that but how many can say that they cut the roof off to make it a roadster and did all the work themselves in there garrage. They deserve best engineer car just as much as the guy who spends $80,000 for someone else to build it.
JimmyStack149K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 06:47 PM   #4
Ripken's DAD

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I agree 149K...In 2005 at the TOYO Tires National event @ Maple Grove, that same car was up for the same award...After it was all said and done, the award went to a Pro Stock bike...A PRO STOCK BIKE???????? The Cutlass Roadster is a one of a kind ride that was done at home in the garage ( like so many others out there), and not one of those rides that was put on someones door step after they delivered the cashiers check...
Ripken's DAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:29 AM   #5
sprtsmnfan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile very original car

To have the idea to cut the roof off a perfectly good working and winning car, by someone who isnt a car builder? Now thats an engineering feat in itself, not like most of the other cars that come out of jig from an assembly line of the same thing over and over and over again. I mean how much engineering does it take to place an order and send a check?? WTG Derek and the bad luck crew, ha ha ha!!!!
sprtsmnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:10 PM   #6
Carl Juliano

Liked 59 Times in 21 Posts
Default Cool Cutlass

I think that car has been overlooked and taken for granted for a long time. Probably because the class has become full of topless "cookie cutter" Vettes. Its cool to be different, and nice to be recognized for it.
Carl Juliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 04:33 PM   #7
SC1448

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thumbs up Topless Cutlass...

I'm with you Carl, my vote will almost always go to the guy who does things a little differently (spoken by someone who races AMC's...). We've all seen more than a lifetime supply of topless 'Vettes the last few years (no offense Ig!). So what if it's not 100% fresh from the body shop? Earl's talent with the spray gun and Derek's meticulous maintenance sure make it look like it is. Nice job Derek & congratulations!
-Don Bangs
SC1448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:21 PM   #8
Joe Urbino

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: Can not believe winner of best engineered at E-Town

Anyone see Asta's supergas cobalt?Should have won hands down!just my opinion!
Joe Urbino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:22 PM   #9
jdee1212

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Can not believe winner of best engineered at E-Town

With all due respect to Derrick' the award is called best engineered not best home built.The teck guy who looked at asta's car was only concerned with the fact that asta didn't build it himself.maybe he didn't bend any tubes or weld on any brackets but he was involved with the construction of that car from the start. make no mistake that car is no cookie cutter car.it is a purpose built to do one thing, race and win super gas! it may look like a pro stocker but thats where the similarity ends.engine location,extra battery and fuel cell in the trunk.four link set up.shock location and many other details that added up to a first pass .023 9.85 171 out of the box.thats not good engineering thats BEST engineering. not only does it run flawlessly.its f----n' perfect. the detail on this car is remarkable. the only thing I have to say to Asta is don't worry you will be putting many Wallys on the mantle with this puppy.

Joey Dee
jdee1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:40 AM   #10
thumbprint

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to thumbprint
Default Re: Can not believe winner of best engineered at E-Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdee1212 View Post
With all due respect to Derrick' the award is called best engineered not best home built.The teck guy who looked at asta's car was only concerned with the fact that asta didn't build it himself.maybe he didn't bend any tubes or weld on any brackets but he was involved with the construction of that car from the start. make no mistake that car is no cookie cutter car.it is a purpose built to do one thing, race and win super gas! it may look like a pro stocker but thats where the similarity ends.engine location,extra battery and fuel cell in the trunk.four link set up.shock location and many other details that added up to a first pass .023 9.85 171 out of the box.thats not good engineering thats BEST engineering. not only does it run flawlessly.its f----n' perfect. the detail on this car is remarkable. the only thing I have to say to Asta is don't worry you will be putting many Wallys on the mantle with this puppy.

Joey Dee
Could'nt have said it better myself jd1212.
thumbprint is offline   Reply With Quote