HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 06-18-2008, 09:18 AM   #1
bighead

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation Was it just me?

To everyone that attended the Route 66 Nationals and the Division 3 race:
Not considering wind and weather, was it just me or were there anybody else struggling with inconsistant lights and timing issues? I am not complaining, just curious and wondering if my stuff is junk now.

Bighead
bighead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:55 AM   #2
DOS VETTES

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Was it just me?

I dont think I would trade my stuff in yet. I talked to a lot of others with simular issues. Our only problem was our starter falling off before the finals! P.S. THANX for the help!!! Also Thanx again to the Torres Family for there effort as well.
DOS VETTES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:07 AM   #3
Eddie Arnold Jr.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Big Head ,,,

I'm glad you posted that question ,,,, I was able to get a handle on the weather, wind , humidity,etc....
But my lights were horrifying to say the least !!

I red lighted in the first round at the Nationals the week before with a .002 RED,,,,,,
Put the car away , left it at the track , come back a week later and go .051 ,, .051 , roll out some numbersand go .048, roll out some more and go .047 ,,,, got to the 5th round ( Dark squirl finding a nut ) roll out some more and go .038 ,,,,, what gives ?? I know I'm bad but was I that bad ??

I also looked at some of the other racers and they seemed to be all over the place ?
Before I make any changes ,,, I do plan to go out and test , test , test ,,,,,,

So fellow racers was it me , my car or the track ,,,,,????

Colorful Racer
Old 06-18-2008, 11:26 AM   #4
chebby2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: Was it just me?

Bighead, when Iran you 1st rd I didn't know where that 50 came from.
The finals in the Allstar race really baffled me. If you see the tv coverage I didn't look late
I was 008 013 -002 and 50 last week
Was 24 008 and 72 in Allstar race.
Nice to meet you anyway.
Carl root
chebby2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:55 AM   #5
bighead

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Carl:

I sent you a pm yesterday. Anyway, I cannot ever remember being so lost racing than the last two or three weeks. I even bought new tires/wheels, changed delay boxes and still was having problems. With the same delay I was 051, 050, 003, 005, 018 in super comp but my sixty was all over the place. I ran the 3rd round and the 5th round in the right lane within 45 minutes and went 1.40 and 1.43 in super comp although the weather/wind stayed almost the same and in the 4th round lost 07 hundreds in e.t.. I had similiar results in gas. Crazy stuff.........

Bighead
Old 06-18-2008, 02:00 PM   #6
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

I'm glad you posted this Craig....(as usual, it was great to see you) ...I have never seen a string of lights like we had....there is no way I missed it 7 out of 9 runs in eliminations....there had to be something funny with the timing system......the performance on the track was ok but the reaction times were our worst ever....I was 40's and 50's...and I had less delay than when I went red in the shootout...and last weekend....???

CBS
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:37 PM   #7
Regan Wilson

Liked 125 Times in 65 Posts

I didnt make the division race but at the national I know everyone was slow . My 30 lights should have been .00s . I also had a 60 something in the third round (didnt know how) .The last two rounds I just had to try something different and roll in a little . If I would have had anything left to rollout of my box I would have been reluctant to .
Regan Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 05:12 PM   #8
MikeSawyer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My time runs and the All Star race all made sense at the National event (.004, .009, .015, .002, .009, .015)... The light was pretty much exactly what I wanted within a couple thousandths.

1st round of the National Event I had some wierd fluky deal where I was -.002 red, set up to be teen and all my incrementals were .025+ slow. On the data recorder the G-Meter was within 0.03 G's, the driveshaft was exactly the same and the engine RPM/stop RPM was exactly the same. If I was going to lose all that ET, I'd be able to see it on the data. Basically the timing system just thought I left before I did, from what I can tell.

Carl.. I went back and slow mo'd the final from the Allstars race to see what I could find. There were 6 frames on my DVR from the time my car started to move until the time your car started to move. If each frame is a hundredth (which I have no idea of the exact measurement) then that would make sense.

You know, this drag racing thing's hard enough without tree/timing system issues. We have a hard enough time deciphering the data we can see, nevermind the intangibles like that. Glad you brought it up Craig...
MikeSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 05:54 PM   #9
chebby2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wink Re: Was it just me?

Mike, I was afraid to slo mo the final.
Nice job last weekend , you're on a roll.
Craig checked my pm, thanks.
chebby2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 05:56 PM   #10
bighead

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mike:

Believe this if you will, our videos were showing the car leaving the beams the same, usuall 5-6 frames and my reaction times were 6-8 frames and as you stated, that should equate to roughly be .000 - .030 in reaction times, not .050 - .070 lights. We have a new high-def camera and it is exactly the same frame time, video after video. After talking with a friend that is involved in electronics at NHRA and NMRA events he told me that it could be as simple as a lazy infrared or the infrared is turned down on sensitivity? What would be cool is for racers to have the ability to approach race control with accurate information and have these problems fixed before first round. I hope no one takes this as belly aching, bashing anyone, or anything else, just curious........

Bighead