HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racing Events > Events

Old 03-16-2011, 10:51 PM   #1
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 194 Times in 77 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Post Div. 7 racers, R.M.R. has a BIG RACE 4 US!

We may have bombed with regards to Tucson, but I just spoke with Ron Craft (the manager of the drag strip at Rocky Mountain Raceway, in Salt Lake City), and here's what they're offering us during their upcoming "Nitro Jam Race" the weekend of June 17-18th (Fri-Sat): A Stock/Super Stock Combo race that will have these features:

1. An entry fee of only $150 bucks.

2. A payout of $1,600 to the winner, $900 to the runner-up, $500 to the semi's, and $100 to the quarter-finalist, as long as a minimum of "9" entries show up for the race!

3. An Ironman trophy will also be awarded to the winner.

We need to jump on this, and I plan on doing so, so how about it racers??? Since they only need a minimum of "8" racers (because I've already committed to going), and if Paul Plummer from D6 country shows up too, then we'll only need "7" minimum? There won't be contingency postings at this race, but with a guaranteed payout of $1600 to the winner for a race that cost less to enter than a D6 or D7 divisional, that's pretty damn good I think.

So here it is racers, I know that D5 & D6 have divisionals going on that same weekend, but D7 doesn't so this is our opportunity to embrace the competition that we claimed we wish we had....I'll be there, who's with me???

Oh and there will be weight and fuel checks there also, as well as I.H.R.A. classes, so those of you with DP's and CJ's will not be racing amongst the carbureted class cars...after all, R.M.R. is an I.H.R.A. track. $1,600 bucks to the winner and an Iron Man Trophy? Sounds like an operation that's proving it cares for us sportsman racers to me!!!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)

Last edited by GarysZ24; 03-21-2011 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Per chat 03/21/11 with Ron Craft, the deletion of this qualifying for the World finals...it doesn't after all.
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:05 AM   #2
Paul Plummer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Div. 7 racers, R.M.R. has a BIG RACE 4 US!

I have been in contact with Skooter and Ron as well - I am planning on attending the Salt Lake race. I am also personally posting another $200 to pick up someone's entry fee and a little gas money via a random drawing for those stockers/superstockers who show up to race. Also, there is an NHRA division race at my home track of Spokane the same week-end - 1/2 hour away from my house. I am foregoing a division race in my backyard, planning on traveling 11 hours to race on top of mountain and support IHRA out west. It is a small price to pay for what is always a great time with IHRA!

Come join us and have some fun. By the way, I know there are a lot of bumper and wheel polisher types that have street cars in Salt Lake. Instead of going to the burger joint and BS each other about how fast your sled is, why not take it to the track during Nitro-jam and enter stock in pure stock class. There likely won't be many if any cars in your class, you can foot brake bracket race all week-end long, run at a National Event and have a chance to win some real money. At the burger stand you can't even win a hamburger!
Paul Plummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Thumbs up Re: Div. 7 racers, R.M.R. has a BIG RACE 4 US!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Plummer View Post
I have been in contact with Skooter and Ron as well - I am planning on attending the Salt Lake race. I am also personally posting another $200 to pick up someone's entry fee and a little gas money via a random drawing for those stockers/superstockers who show up to race. Also, there is an NHRA division race at my home track of Spokane the same week-end - 1/2 hour away from my house. I am foregoing a division race in my backyard, planning on traveling 11 hours to race on top of mountain and support IHRA out west. It is a small price to pay for what is always a great time with IHRA!

Come join us and have some fun. By the way, I know there are a lot of bumper and wheel polisher types that have street cars in Salt Lake. Instead of going to the burger joint and BS each other about how fast your sled is, why not take it to the track during Nitro-jam and enter stock in pure stock class. There likely won't be many if any cars in your class, you can foot brake bracket race all week-end long, run at a National Event and have a chance to win some real money. At the burger stand you can't even win a hamburger!
That last part was funny Paul...lol, but I'm glad that you're going too, so now we only need 7 more entries...hopefully those "bumper and wheel polisher types", will show up with us (if not shockingly some other stock/super stock racers)? I look forward to meeting you, and shaking your hand to thank you for being there last year as well! The last time I raced at that track, I was barely competitive, since Glendora had me factored to race turbo mopars (not to mention my factor was based off of the aluminum headed V6's, while mine was/is cast iron, and 10-20hp weaker). However, they thankfully gave me a much more fair adjustment to 125hp (down from the original 150hp). It took awhile to get there, but this too is worth it...see ya there...
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
Old 03-21-2011, 07:59 PM   #4
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Post Re: Div. 7 racers, R.M.R. has a BIG RACE 4 US!

Additionally per my chat with Ron Craft, If you are not an IHRA member, you can purchase for $25 bucks a "one race" membership/competiton number/ chassis certification ( as long as your NHRA status is current). If it is not current, then an IHRA membership etc., will be required at IHRA rates (which are still half of what NHRA now charges).

"See my adjustment to the original post...due to clarification by Ron Craft". Again this race WILL NOT QUALIFY FOR THE WORLD FINALS "TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS" race after all, due to it being a combo race, and not a regular Stock Eliminator and regular Super Stock Eliminator race....that will be changed next year, with the success of this race helping that quest out!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)

Last edited by GarysZ24; 03-21-2011 at 08:18 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:16 PM   #5
L Rush

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: Div. 7 racers, R.M.R. has a BIG RACE 4 US!

My first post on this forum. This is worth trying to get the car count up in class racing in the new division 6 of IHRA. I will be there for sure , and possibly 2 other super stocks and 3 stockers from Wyoming and Colorado. The track is great, Ron and the personel are super to work with and really appreciate the sportsman racer. It's in June and there is lots to do in the Salt Lake Valley.See you there! This is one super stock that's in for sure!
L Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:35 PM   #6
Paul Plummer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here is the extent of my personal ability to attract racers to the Salt Lake Event.

There are three stock eliminator racers in my community. I personally only know one of the other two. I do know that both of these guys are died in wool NHRA competitors. This isn't meant to be negative. They and their friends have raced together at the NHRA events for years. As I stated in a post several months ago, we are not only fighting multiple division races scheduled the same week-end but also battling the family reunion nature of the NHRA santioned races.

Needless to say I am the only local racer willing to fore-go my local division race and travel to Salt Lake.

I do have a good friend who is an old school super-stock racer who is working hard to get his car together and is expressing sincere interest in going to the Salt Lake event. I would say we have a 50/50 shot of getting him. Travel costs will definitely be an issue for him.

So all of that having been said, I do have a few other outside-the-box ideas that I think would best be discussed sans email or phone vs. this forum. Ideas that we could work out with Skooter at IHRA and Ron at RMR. Email me at m900rider@gmail.com or call me at 208-691-6394 to discuss.

Thanks,
Old 03-21-2011, 11:41 PM   #7
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Smile Re: Div. 7 racers, R.M.R. has a BIG RACE 4 US!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L Rush View Post
My first post on this forum. This is worth trying to get the car count up in class racing in the new division 6 of IHRA. I will be there for sure , and possibly 2 other super stocks and 3 stockers from Wyoming and Colorado. The track is great, Ron and the personel are super to work with and really appreciate the sportsman racer. It's in June and there is lots to do in the Salt Lake Valley.See you there! This is one super stock that's in for sure!
Glad to hear that L. Rush, because with you and those you spoke of hopefully being there, that will make this a venue where all of the fans that showed up for their Nitro Jam race last year, really like seeing us there (over and beyond where we all will be coming from). I think there's some Az. racers (and possibly at least one Ca. racer), who might chime in on this with me too, but I'll have to chat with them to see? Ron is very excited about this happening, and I'm thankful to have the chance to support it (along with you, Paul Plummer), and all others who'll be there. Having raced at R.M.R. in the late '90's, I don't ever recall seeing as many fans in the stands, as there was at their first Nitro Jam race! THE STANDS WERE PACKED (from what the Drag Review Magazine pictures showed), and my biggest regret was I wasn't there to take it in with the "5" racers (Paul Plummer being one of them), who were there. GOD willing, I will definitely be there this year, and I'm counting the days!!!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
Old 03-22-2011, 01:03 AM   #8
Paul Plummer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by L Rush View Post
Great news from Wyoming & Colorado, I am originally from Great Falls, MT - Anybody else in Idaho or MT reading about this and care to find out more and how to participate?

Terry Hombre - are you doing the Spokane Division Race? If not, come and visit us, I still feel a little guilty about missing second gear and then driving around you when you thought I broke!!!! Come and trailer me!! If not, good luck at the division race in Spokane.

Ok, so let's start a running list of confirmed participant's so far. If we get enough names on this list, some of the people on the fence may just step down and commit.

Each time someone new commits, add the new names to this list, and repost. By the end of this thread we will have a final count of the "committed" who probably should be committed.

Here goes:

1) Gary Hampton
2) L Rush
3) Paul (Jody) Plummer
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
Old 03-22-2011, 01:56 PM   #9
Harry 6674

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Plummer View Post

Paul you mentioned a while back that you car was a little slow to be competitive in nhra class racing. Maybe if you stayed closer to home and put that travel money in you car you could pick it up some. We know those Buicks can be good combos and in div. 6 you are not having to dodge a bunch of the DP's. Good luck which ever way you go.
Harry 6674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:01 PM   #10
Mike Coe

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

4. Mike Coe
5. Jim Hughes
Mike Coe is offline   Reply With Quote