Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 12-08-2010, 02:48 PM   #11
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts
Default Re: What Changes In Super Classes Would You Like To See

Quote:
Originally Posted by JThomas View Post
You sure do a lot of whining about timers for someone that doesn't even race the classes.
Dude..you are way off base here about Joe....Anyone that has been around a while knows Joe raced and so do and did his parents and they go wayyyyyy back.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with delay boxes or throttle stops in drag racing. Timers are the single item that allowed big HP and big speed to invade .90 racing. Remove them and we go back to the exact same speeds as 20+ years ago.....and the racing was close all the way down the track usually within 1 car length ......just slower speeds...........

Big deal remove delay boxes than racers would use other means to stay green and would still cut near perfect lites.....remove throttle stops and racers are supposed to do what to get on the index? Add weight...use a fixed bolt.....use a high side chip thats a little to low........all the same stuff that was done 20+ years ago.

All the big engine builders throw out all their big engines and start building small engines.....How many manufacturers go out of business thanks to these changes......

If there are any changes made they should be PRO-gressive....not Re-gressive........Add a faster class....for those who want to run faster.....7.90

Yea I know they can't finish what they have now but they could drop xxxxx.... fill in the missing blank there LOL...........
Old 12-08-2010, 02:58 PM   #12
The LL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE LEGEND View Post
If everyone thinks a timer makes it easy JUMP ON IN THE WATER IS FINE.

Chip Johnson
quote of the year
The LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:07 PM   #13
WW2RACING

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think super street is fine. But super gas I feel you could lower the index to 9.50 and super comp to 8.50 and not hurt anyone. Average super gas car can go 9.50 as well as super comp 8.50.
WW2RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:25 PM   #14
JThomas

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Biebel View Post
Dude..you are way off base here about Joe....Anyone that has been around a while knows Joe raced and so do and did his parents and they go wayyyyyy back.

I have know Joe and his parents for a long time too(great people). I was just poking some fun at him. That is why I added the smiley face.
JThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:28 PM   #15
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JThomas View Post
I have know Joe and his parents for a long time too(great people). I was just poking some fun at him. That is why I added the smiley face.
OHHH! Now I get it..They are nice people for sure....
Old 12-08-2010, 03:34 PM   #16
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Smile Re: What Changes In Super Classes Would You Like To See

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Biebel View Post

There is absolutely nothing wrong with delay boxes or throttle stops in drag racing. Timers are the single item that allowed big HP and big speed to invade .90 racing. Remove them and we go back to the exact same speeds as 20+ years ago.....and the racing was close all the way down the track usually within 1 car length ......just slower speeds...........

Big deal remove delay boxes than racers would use other means to stay green and would still cut near perfect lites.....remove throttle stops and racers are supposed to do what to get on the index? Add weight...use a fixed bolt.....use a high side chip thats a little to low........all the same stuff that was done 20+ years ago.

All the big engine builders throw out all their big engines and start building small engines.....How many manufacturers go out of business thanks to these changes......

If there are any changes made they should be PRO-gressive....not Re-gressive........Add a faster class....for those who want to run faster.....7.90

Yea I know they can't finish what they have now but they could drop xxxxx.... fill in the missing blank there LOL...........
Drop Alcohol Ha Ha cars and Alcohol dragsters and gain plenty of time. They dont pay thier own way anyway. I bet you all knew I was going to say that.....LOL.
Good idea about running 8.50 and 9.50. I dont think that would hurt anyone who runs the Super classes these days. Maybe 10.50 would work also in S/ST and H/R. Leave the stops, and delay boxes like you said but those timers need to go away. Its not about what Legend said about it being easy or hard....Its just one more thing to cost more money and like you said it brought the MPH up and made using the large and more expensive engines eaiser to get down the track with. Just another learning curve and more $$$$$. IHRA tried a 7.90 class years ago but it turned into T/D. If you want to run that fast join the T/D guys. Just my 2 1/2 cents from being around it for many years. I know you guys dont pay attention to me anyway but felt I needed to say this.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:43 PM   #17
gmeyer

Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Leave everything alone in HR and SST it works.Along with the Min weight i would like to see a Max MPH of 135.
gmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:52 PM   #18
Barney B

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: What Changes In Super Classes Would You Like To See

One thing I can promise is what ever the rules are I will be out there mixing it up

BB just wana race
Barney B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:22 PM   #19
Bob Verwold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Will they let us know before winter is over, so we have time to build new motors ?
Bob Verwold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:22 PM   #20
mannymen

Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts

The index racers don't use delay boxes and timers and do just fine. I say do away with them in the 10.90 classes. Plus make it for backhalf stock style front suspension cars only (No roadsters whatsoever). No tube chassis cars allowed

Last edited by mannymen; 12-08-2010 at 04:36 PM.
mannymen is offline   Reply With Quote