HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Top Sportsman and Top Dragster
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-05-2010, 08:54 PM   #1
HofmannRacing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Lebanon Valley Divisional

The Valley had the fastest Top Dragster field in Div 1 to date, with a 7.14 bump.
Not bad for a place that gets bashed on here all the time!

Great job by all the staff! The weekend went great!

Special thanks to the OLD GUYS at the far end that had to push me off the track every run.
HofmannRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:23 AM   #2
Greg Barsamian
VIP Member

Liked 390 Times in 84 Posts
Default Re: Lebanon Valley Divisional

Paint & graphics look great on your car!
Greg Barsamian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:48 AM   #3
Charlie Yannetti

Liked 179 Times in 77 Posts

I have to say that this was the first time in a lot of years that the race went off without a hitch.. ALMOST.. there were a few Xmas tree issues, but they were quickly fixed.. the track was, in fact, better then I was told.. and the dust from the dirt squirrels was at a minimum.. LOL.. and the track crews handled the oil downs really well..

My only complaint with the track would be that all of the incremental blocks going down the track were painted black.. some of us use those blocks (like the MPH block) to assist in our run strategy and not being able to pick them quickly up is a problem.. they might want to go back to orange to help us OLD GUYS out a bit.. give them a heads up Wayne.. thanks
Charlie Yannetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:55 AM   #4
dbochan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to dbochan Send a message via Yahoo to dbochan

Charlie,

There were (2) orange foam blocks at the 1/8 mile and 1/8 MPH, but they were short lived as an Alcohol funny mistook them for a bulls eye when they crossed the center line and took them out on Friday qualifying..
dbochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:08 PM   #5
waynelvd

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

FYI the tree issue with TAFC was a bad wire connection with compulink and the issue with the comp run was a huge spider building a web in front of beams. The track conditions held up great all day long as they have all year long !! Not that everything at LVD is perfect but we have made great improvemnets this year and will continue to improve . I want to thank everyone for supporting us .

Wayne
waynelvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:39 PM   #6
masracing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have to agree that the track was great

Fastest Top dragster field in division 1 so far. 17 six second cars in the field. The last session of qualifying I think the bump dropped almost every pair that went down the race track. Thats what this class is about.

Special thanks also to Mike Fitts, Herb Wagner and the others who helped out to allow us in the track so early and make parking so easy.

Wayne the facility has come leaps and bounds. It is obvious that you want this track to be the best it can be. Your efforts and the rest of the staff's efforts are not going unnoticed.

B.J. Masiello
masracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:30 PM   #7
JR fuel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

B.J. you are such a smart kid . You must get that from your father ! Hat's off to Wayne and his staff Great Job ! Also congrat's to Glen Crane and family on a well deserved win! Top Dragster and Top sportsman are becoming 2 very competetive classes and will only get better with time! Bill Masiello
JR fuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:29 PM   #8
Don Eckel 111

Liked 69 Times in 12 Posts

I do have to say that the starting line was the best I've seen there in years. My 60 foots varied from 1.016 to 1.024 over 7 runs in both lanes. Kudos for that. One common complaint that I heard from several people, and I can attest to, was about the bumps in both lanes, both the 1/4 and the shutdown area. I think if that gets addressed, it can only get better.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:54 AM   #9
jayork1331

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: Lebanon Valley Divisional

Quote:
Originally Posted by HofmannRacing View Post
The Valley had the fastest Top Dragster field in Div 1 to date, with a 7.14 bump.
Not bad for a place that gets bashed on here all the time!

Great job by all the staff! The weekend went great!

Special thanks to the OLD GUYS at the far end that had to push me off the track every run.
Check out the Top Dragster action,

jayork1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #10
jayork1331

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynelvd View Post
FYI the tree issue with TAFC was a bad wire connection with compulink and the issue with the comp run was a huge spider building a web in front of beams. The track conditions held up great all day long as they have all year long !! Not that everything at LVD is perfect but we have made great improvemnets this year and will continue to improve . I want to thank everyone for supporting us .

Wayne
Hats off to Wayne Delmonte and the whole staff at LVD for an awesome weekend of racing...Starting line must have been pretty good to produce runs like this:

jayork1331 is offline   Reply With Quote