HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-09-2007, 12:52 PM   #1
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 676 Times in 260 Posts
Default 8 Yr old (Jr Dragster) Kaylee Greer Recovery Fund

8 yr old Kaylee was injured in her Jr. Dragster on March 31 2007 at Ohio Valley Dragway Louisville, KY
She has had surgery to fuse plates to her vertebras and is still under heavy sedation. She is in Kosair Childrens Hospital in Louisville. The Kaylee Greer Recovery Fund has been setup at the Wilson & Muir Bank & trust Company at POBox 346 Bardstown, KY 40004
Disabled Youth Awareness Inc. Board of Directors are sending $200 and urge all racers to help this family in their time of need. Contact Donna Morris at ssladyracer2@yahoo.com or Joe Bohannon at Dragrcn@aol.com for auction info and benefit race info. Donations can also be sent to them or to me at Disabled Youth Awareness Inc.
915 E. Broad # 24
Texarkana, AR 71854
903-277-9947
You can paypal to DYA website at www.dyainc.org/ Note on your donation for Kaylee Greer
Thank you

Adger Smith 903-794-7223
Old 04-09-2007, 01:15 PM   #2
herbjr
VIP Member

Liked 83 Times in 32 Posts

What happened? I know this is not a question some people want asked but I have one son running Jr's and another one that will be in 4 months. You dont hear about many of these having problems and if we can learn anything it would help us all. I will send a case of helment bags to the address listed as a donation.

Herb Jr

herbjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:11 PM   #3
ssladyracer

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

RGCHEVY2

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:27 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Rick and I am Kaylee's great uncle and was the first person to reach her after her accident. I just wanted to coment on some of the statements in one of the early post. The throttle did not hang open, she did not go to the end of the track and hit the wall, nor did the steering wheel make contact with her in anyway. She simply misjudged her speed and turned to late to make the first turn off and not the last. The car has been inspected by NHRA and everthing on and in the car did what it was supposed to do. this was just a freak accident and not in any way an equiptment malfunction, with this said we the family would like to thank all the people that have shown their love and support to our Kaylee. To update everyone on her condition, I just talked to her father this morning and she has been having a little problem with her breathing at night, but after she has surgery on Friday at 12:00 pm this problem should get better once she can sit upright. Once again thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.

This post was made on www.jrdragsterplus.com website on Thursday April 5th. There are many posts on this website and also on www.jrdrags.com. I do not want to say anything out of turn so if Rick or someone from the immediate family wants to say anymore about what they think actually happened I will let them post it. It was something that even NHRA or ANY parent would have thought possible. It was a freak accident. I will try to ask one of the family members to post updates on her condition. If I hear something that I know is up to date and accurated I will. There are several fund raisors going on. There was an Auction last Saturday at the Bullitt Speedway sponsored by Joey Bohannon that raised $7500.00. There is a BENEFIT Race coming up on Sunday April 22nd at Ohio Valley Dragway in Louisville Kentucky. This race is for fun and to raise money for Kaylee so please keep that in mind. If you don not want to race, any donations will be accepted. If you can, remember to put the intentions of the race and all the benefits that are going on for Kaylee into your thoughts and prayers. There is going to be a silent auction the day of the race so if you have anything you want to donate for that or if you would like to place a bid it would be deeply appreciated. They are selling stickers for your race cars or bumpers or whatever for $2.00 each. The biggest donation you can give is to pray for her recovery.

ssladyracer wrote:

I think it would be nice if anyone did order the stickers and put them on their junior dragsters to send a picture to show Kaylee how many are supporting and pulling for her recovery The stickers are 3 1/2 inches long by 1 1/4 inches tall and they come in either pink or white.

they can be orderd by pay pal, the email address for that is MartyKDR@aol.com, you can log into pay pal and use that email address. in the send messgae to seller box, specify how many you want, your mailing address etc.

or by mail to

Kaylee Decals C/O Tammy Smith
8602 Old Boundary Rd
Louisville, Ky 40291

ALL proceeds go to the Kaylee Greer Recovery Account, courtesy of her friends in the Kentuckiana Drag Racers Assoc.

Never look down on anyone, that's only possible in Heaven to watch over someone, and from what I hear if you think you are superior on Earth the Gates of Heaven will humble you.
ssladyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:24 PM   #4
ssladyracer

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Kaylee has been moving her arms and legs. She is still on the respirator/ventilator. She has been running a fever up and down since the accident but the doctors do not seemed too concerned about it at this time. She had surgery last Friday to fuse her discs and to put her in a halo. The surgery for that was a success. If you want to send any cards or letters she is in

Kosair Childrens Hospital
C/O Kaylee Greer Room #406
231 E Chesnut Street
Louisville KY 40202

Thanks for all the support for the family
Donna Morris

Never look down on anyone, that's only possible in Heaven to watch over someone, and from what I hear if you think you are superior on Earth the Gates of Heaven will humble you.
ssladyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:34 PM   #5
Oldtimer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Where is all the support I always hear about when a racer needs help ?
Here is an 8 year old drag racer that needs our support her family needs that help now while they are out of work. They also have 2 other youngsters to care for. Please find a way to give a helping hand, if it were your child in need I would go out and beg for them too. Draw has sent some but not near enough we as a racing family need to stick together. I know there are other pleas for funds but this is a very young girl, show her what racer's are. She will never forget our helping hand.

bp133 Bob Pagano
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:29 PM   #6
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 676 Times in 260 Posts

Where are all of you hiding ? No posts and very little help, where are those guys that do the hosiptal fund raiser's I always read about on here ? This youngster is going to be laid up for a long time. Help now before the family gets behind on everything. Please

Adger Smith
Old 04-11-2007, 01:47 PM   #7
lilaggravation

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am mailing a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Tammy Smith for my Kaylee decal and a small donation. I'd like the little girl in Kentucky to know that there is a North Carolina lady Stock racer (and a Mom), who cares about her. Let's see in how many states the decals can be displayed.

Stacie Ridings
lilaggravation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:52 PM   #8
Oldtimer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thank you Stacie for helping and posting, I cant believe there are not more posts and help for this youngster. I am going to thank the folks I have heard from and some of them are not racers, figure that. I have checks on the way so I am a few names short.
DYA - check
Stacie Ridings
Daren Poole Adams
Adger Smith
Bob Pagano
Jim Oliver
Alex Denysenko
Debbie Hadsell
Doug Auxier
Bill Howell
Colin Wigle - Canada
John Hill
DeAnna Bacon
Jimmy Carter
Wes Coleman
John Schiess

Thank You All

With all the people that use this site, the Greer family should have received over $1000 by now, I find it hard to think no one gives a darn

bp133 Bob Pagano
Old 04-12-2007, 05:53 PM   #9
Oldtimer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok Steve, Maybe I am being a little tough but look at it from my point, over 1400 readers of this post and if they all sent $1 the family is covered for another week. You can not tell me racers cant afford a BUCK and a stamp. We started DYA that way, with 5s and 1s it adds up. So yell at me all you want this family still needs help. Sorry if I offended you. If we are going to help pay eachothers oildown fees whats another buck ??

bp133 Bob Pagano
Old 04-13-2007, 08:00 AM   #10
herbjr
VIP Member

Liked 83 Times in 32 Posts

Even 5 bucks by Paypal would be huge. I saw on another site where they were doing paypal.

Herb Jr

herbjr is offline   Reply With Quote