HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Old 12-07-2018, 05:52 PM   #11
Coleydog

Liked 46 Times in 31 Posts
Default Re: Master cylinder question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman View Post
Your call but I don't think you'll need a proportioning valve or a residual check valve, every car is different. I've got GM Metric calipers on the frt. and drum on the back with an aluminum Mopar MC 1 1/16 bore with no ck valve and I have an adjustable prop valve but it's wide open.
What works for me footbraking is the largest bore rear wheel cyls and secondary shoes in both positions for more friction surface area.
Not looking to use the proportion valve. My first Duster had the stock Kelsey disc up front with a drum brake master (like the one I measured) and that car was the best stopping bar none. Hope to get the same feel again. Of course I was 29 then, might not have the leg now lol.
Coleydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 08:51 AM   #12
GallopinGhost

Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts

I just bought a new strange MC. Their recommendation is with 4 wheel disks, use a 1.125 bore and with 2 wheel disk, 2 wheel drum to use a 1.032 bore. I can say, without even bleeding the lines the pedal feels good, better than the mopar aluminum one I had on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleydog View Post
Not looking to use the proportion valve. My first Duster had the stock Kelsey disc up front with a drum brake master (like the one I measured) and that car was the best stopping bar none. Hope to get the same feel again. Of course I was 29 then, might not have the leg now lol.
Old 12-09-2018, 11:05 AM   #13
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,397 Times in 1,944 Posts

Dont forget to look at break pedal ratio when changing from power to manual.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 12:04 PM   #14
Eman

Liked 100 Times in 57 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GallopinGhost View Post
I just bought a new strange MC. Their recommendation is with 4 wheel disks, use a 1.125 bore and with 2 wheel disk, 2 wheel drum to use a 1.032 bore. I can say, without even bleeding the lines the pedal feels good, better than the mopar aluminum one I had on
What differences are there between the Strange MC and the Mopar aluminum one? Isn't the Strange basically an aluminum Mopar MC?
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 12:10 PM   #15
Coleydog

Quote:
Thanks Brian, the one I have is a Strange. The 1.03 one, was in a k-frame kit for a 63 b-body (wasn't used) witch is ok since I'm using a 64 pedal. How is your car coming along? Who is gonna be out first, LOL?
Mike
Old 12-09-2018, 02:04 PM   #16
GallopinGhost

Not sure what the differences are. the mopar one might have had an issue, Although one thing I did different going from one to the other is that I now have the rear brakes plumbed to the rear port on the MC. I read that the rear port provides more fluid flow, and I'm trying to make sure I have good holding power on the rear when staging. we'll see.

Quote:
What differences are there between the Strange MC and the Mopar aluminum one? Isn't the Strange basically an aluminum Mopar MC?
Old 12-09-2018, 02:08 PM   #17
GallopinGhost

Hey Mike, pretty much done here. Front alignment next week. engine has been on the dyno and I've driven it around the neighborhood, which I very much enjoyed, not sure about my neighbors !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleydog View Post
Thanks Brian, the one I have is a Strange. The 1.03 one, was in a k-frame kit for a 63 b-body (wasn't used) witch is ok since I'm using a 64 pedal. How is your car coming along? Who is gonna be out first, LOL?
Mike
Old 12-09-2018, 02:17 PM   #18
Eman

Liked 100 Times in 57 Posts

Quote:
Not sure what the differences are. the mopar one might have had an issue, Although one thing I did different going from one to the other is that I now have the rear brakes plumbed to the rear port on the MC. I read that the rear port provides more fluid flow, and I'm trying to make sure I have good holding power on the rear when staging. we'll see.
Unless it's a stepped bore MC, 2 different size bores in one, the only difference in ports is the capacity of the reservoir. Disc brakes are self adjusting by allowing fluid to take up the space as the pad wears so the reservoir is larger.

If you want more holding power in the rear increase the size of the wheel cyls or calipers.
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 02:27 PM   #19
GallopinGhost

I've got strange discs in front and back with their recommended MC. I'll wait and see how that works.

Quote:
Unless it's a stepped bore MC, 2 different size bores in one, the only difference in ports is the capacity of the reservoir. Disc brakes are self adjusting by allowing fluid to take up the space as the pad wears so the reservoir is larger.

If you want more holding power in the rear increase the size of the wheel cyls or calipers.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:56 PM   #20
Coleydog

Quote:
Hey Mike, pretty much done here. Front alignment next week. engine has been on the dyno and I've driven it around the neighborhood, which I very much enjoyed, not sure about my neighbors !
Oh, you are my envy. I can't even push mine around the shop yet.
Mike