HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Top Sportsman and Top Dragster
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-14-2009, 11:46 AM   #41
Brian Hansbury

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Brian Hansbury
Default Re: Top Draster wheelbase

that would work and i am sure can be arranged just have to set it up friday night ...........then everyone is together and drinks and cookout on sat night .......sweet
Brian Hansbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:06 PM   #42
G E T Racin

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Galofaro View Post
- should be able to hook on the dirt then ;-).
Now that's funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2-3 years ago they had to shut the open down because of the dirt.

Top sportsman have pulled the plug on a race there because of the lack of traction.

Hopefully Howard has finally made the $ commitment to make the track better (once he dug into his pocket for that blacktop, I'd be surprised if he spends any more).

Having a successful top dragster series should be good for the track as a whole. Once the word is out that there is good traction all the way down the track maybe more cars will start showing up for all events that are held there.

----Now-------if we could only fix the organizational/management issues there that still drives cars away!!!
Old 02-14-2009, 12:08 PM   #43
G E T Racin

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Galofaro View Post
What would be really nice if we can section off a nice portion of the paved area where we can all park together. This way you don't have to do that much walking ;-). lol
Reserved pits for top dragster should go over well with the weekly bracket racers.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:14 PM   #44
krugracing12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Frankie,

If you were not trying to go so fast with that Dodge, you might have a couple of bucks leftover for heat.

We have both raced there long enough to remember what it was like before Vince Barletta, how great it was when he was around, and how it is now. We are also both hoping that it returns to how it was a few years ago. Its a good facility with a lot of nice people and it would not take a superhuman effort to bring it back. If I had a dollar for every D1 racer that has recently said to me "I will never go back to LVD" I would skip T/D and just race Top Fuel. There is a reason they used to get 750 cars at the points race and now they get 300. Until they realize how much it is costing them to not address the issues, it will stay the same.

As I posted before, I appreciate Wayne's effort irregardless of what parameters are placed on the class. Most of the issues can easily be worked out prior to the first race, but if you wait til after the 1st race if attendance is poor, it could too late to attract the 7.50-7.70 crowd.

Bill
krugracing12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:22 PM   #45
krugracing12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Actually let me un-sugar coat that last post. If the series starts out and 7.50-7.70 racers are not welcome, and car counts are poor. I for one, will NOT join the series after the season starts because cars are needed to fill the field.

I realize that Top Dragster purist's trying to run 6 anything don't want to race slower more consistent cars. Because extra car count will probably dictate the amount of time and money they will invest in extra track prep and spray (especially on a Sat test and tune day) this makes the early decision vital. The extra T/D cars at the gate on a Saturday or Sunday only nets the track a few bucks, basically the same entry as the guy runs his street car and never complains about any thing. and with the extra work and investment and the inherent tendency for someone who just went sideways at 175 mph to voice their displeasure over it, they may lose interest very quickly. I hope this is not the case but I will be surprised if it does not go that way.

Bill
krugracing12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:22 PM   #46
pentastarrail

Liked 14 Times in 5 Posts

Billy,
Heat -- NAHH, I'd rather spend it on my girl friend (if you look close in the pics of her you can see the green thongs I bought her last year). What's wrong with eating SPAM 7 days a week. (Spam and eggs, Spam and rice, fried Spam, broiled Spam, baked Spam, Spam sandwichs, Spam with Gravy, that's all I have to say about that ... run Forrest run) oopps sorry got carried away.

"Don't need no stinkin heat."

Those were the days, Super having 130 - 150 cars, heavy having just as many if not more, $1200-1500 weekly payouts. AAHH memories...

I agree about the track doing tech, however, history has a way with repeating itself (wink, wink).

Gary, you're preaching to the choir about parking. No matter where I park somebody always starts crying and whining. BUT if Howard wants us to show up maybe he'll have to give a little and tell everyone to STFU.
pentastarrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:33 PM   #47
pentastarrail

Liked 14 Times in 5 Posts

Billy,
No arguments, if the track "does what it says" things may work out, if the track doesn't all bets are off.

Also, IHRA lowered their ET to 7.40 for exactly this reason. Racers were "playing" stupid saying "why can't I go 7.49 I have a TD license." And then saying "I didn't know I needed another license to go 7.40's".
I saw this first hand at Epping last year.

This takes all the guess work out of it. You want to run TD you need and "Advanced License". Done.

The issue is a few people spoiled it for the rest. That's all that it comes down to.

Spring, Spring, Spring
pentastarrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #48
td1506

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We have never been to Lebanon Valley before . We were thinking about running in the top dragster series . We have a car that will run in the mid six second range,but having read the comments in this forum we are having second thoughts.We are from the Rochester area and i a'm not sure it is worth the 4 to 5 hour tow.The things that got us interested in the series were the 7.49 max dial and the 1/4 mile racing. Now there is talk about changing these things.Also there seems to be some question about track conditions .
Gary and Barb Antinora
TD1506
td1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:55 PM   #49
Michael Galofaro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gary,

All those issues were supposedly in the past ! Don't let my, or anyones, words discourage you from coming to the races. I along with a few others will be in your same boat - do as we all are - give it one shot and see what happens.
I have a feeling because so many of us are being vocal with our concerns the track will be very good. I am looking forward to a great series at the valley - I hope.
Michael Galofaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:41 PM   #50
Brian Hansbury

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Brian Hansbury

ok for all who have not been there i and many others went plenty fast enough without issues last year in the cold i can say that the valley events at the end of the season where better conditions than some of you guys had at the dutch ....i know of plenty of td cars that blew the tires off there .......does it need better attention yes will it get it ...... i truly believe it ......should the series be looked at by the racers involved yes!!!! when the idea came up (thanks wayne ) it was spur of the moment he didnt think we could do it it was a sunday and alot of new racers where there with fast cars ....thanks to andy from Best sanitation who stepped up to sponosr it ...... i went to the tower and spoke to howard and steve and they where all for it .......we did not ask for any money from howard at that time ......he stepped up and offered to contribute to the purse.....and wayne ran with it from there .....thanks wayne again ....he told me we will do a series and start at 16 cars to see if we can get enough ......because we didnt our events last year so what did we do we filled the field with a few slower cars..... wayne said if this thing works and i hope it does and more cars come the field will change ????......and why wouldnt it ?...as a track owner would howard want to limit his car count i thinj not?......and us as racers? 100.00 to race so what but i know i would rather run for a bigger purse and maybee one more round ... please everyone look at NED's rules that had a very sucessful series last year they are max dial of 7.70 all run except for night of fire then its 32 qualified so they can get the race in .....and as far as ihra rules it is 7.40 for national events only all other events are 8.0 and ask why is that i would think for car counts...... car counts = money money = payouts and paying the track owner so he can buy stuff....as far as the rules if a 7.50 car dials faster that is up to the track to stop it before it happens and we have done this in other instances . if its not caught before the car stages then the competitor is dq'ed and the loser reinstated ..... a meeting before the races each day like super street does the rules can be explained .....so we dont get a hmmm i didnt know i couldnt dial faster then 7.50
Brian Hansbury is offline   Reply With Quote