HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > Carolina Class Racers Association

Old 12-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
SCOTT TILLEY

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Races 7& 8 will be run March 8 & 9

I've read everyone's comments and I have had a lot of personal messages. Most would rather finish the season next year.

The last 2 races for 2013 will be run at Fayetteville Motorsports Park, March 8th & 9th.

Fayetteville was chosen due to its location being further south. Hopefully it will be warmer. Also, the NHRA national at Gainesville is the next weekend and we may be able to draw some racers who may go down early.

2013, as far as the weather for racing went, was a difficult year. Hopefully 2014 will be much better.

I have already begun getting a schedule together for 2014. I'm looking at running 2 races at 4 different tracks, Piedmont Dragway, Fayetteville Motorsports Park, VMP and Galot Motorsports Park(formerly Dunn-Benson).

Any input you have on the 2014 season will be appreciated!!!!

Thanks to all of our sponsors, members and racers for supporting the CCRA!!!

Have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

Scott Tilley
919-291-4355
superstock9327@yahoo.com

Last edited by SCOTT TILLEY; 12-13-2013 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Correct Entry
SCOTT TILLEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #2
Jeffl52

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Races 7& 8 will be run March 8 & 9

I hate being this guy but I'm passionate about racing and the future of the CCRA. I'm also vocal and believe in speaking up for what u think is right and it just seems from the past and present that we should give up on voting and our opinions in regards to the decisions made. Seems like the private messages and conversations always prevail. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!!!
Jeffl52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #3
sterling simmons jr

Liked 132 Times in 27 Posts

Scott that the same weekend as Div 2 points race at South Ga.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #4
Brandon Peterson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffl52 View Post
I hate being this guy but I'm passionate about racing and the future of the CCRA. I'm also vocal and believe in speaking up for what u think is right and it just seems from the past and present that we should give up on voting and our opinions in regards to the decisions made. Seems like the private messages and conversations always prevail. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!!!
Same here I read more for racing than for not racing this weekend seems like their wasn't a chance in hell we was going to race this weekend seems like some bs too me also I had Atleast 7 different people text me today and say they wanted to race Sunday I dont think I will support this crap next year unless their is a change on voting because it looked like to me the people who Actaully spoke out about wanting to race won the vote,.... Merry Christmas my weekends ruined now this flip flop crap about this race has been going on way too long shoulda just cancelled the season dec 1

Last edited by Brandon Peterson; 12-13-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Brandon Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:38 PM   #5
SCOTT TILLEY

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

The CCRA is made up of 45 members, 8 event sponsors, a trophy sponsor, a special programs sponsor and many more non member racers that support OUR association.

It would not be fair to ALL of our members and sponsors for the points championship to be decided with one race when there is suppose to be two races that sponsors have paid for.

I have tried my best to get the last two races in. The weather just hasn't cooperated.

I've also tried to do the best I can for the whole association, not just a few.

Anyone wanting to go to Fayetteville and we have a non CCRA gamblers race, I'm in. I was going whether we raced or not. I have some testing I need to do.

I wish for everyone to have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

Thanks
Scott Tilley
SCOTT TILLEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:17 PM   #6
jim reynolds

Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts

You made the right call Scott. AND AGAIN we have the same 2 whiners bitching. At least Jeff is a sponsor, so i'll give him a pass. If Brandon ever wants to put some in the "kitty" for a race sponsorship, then OK bitch away. Until then NOT! When a sponsor pays for an event, they should receive said event. As I said earlier, with all the rain I was ok having 2 events on the same day, Not 1 event that 2 separate sponsors paid for 2 separate races. That's not good business if you want other sponsors to come in. just saying ! AND with the championship on the line this was the only fair move. I'
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT TILLEY View Post
The CCRA is made up of 45 members, 8 event sponsors, a trophy sponsor, a special programs sponsor and many more non member racers that support OUR association.

It would not be fair to ALL of our members and sponsors for the points championship to be decided with one race when there is suppose to be two races that sponsors have paid for.

I have tried my best to get the last two races in. The weather just hasn't cooperated.

Anyone wanting to go to Fayetteville and we have a non CCRA gamblers race, I'm in. I was going whether we raced or not. I have some testing I need to do.

Thanks
Scott Tilley
jim reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:22 AM   #7
Brandon Peterson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim reynolds View Post
You made the right call Scott. AND AGAIN we have the same 2 whiners bitching. At least Jeff is a sponsor, so i'll give him a pass. If Brandon ever wants to put some in the "kitty" for a race sponsorship, then OK bitch away. Until then NOT! When a sponsor pays for an event, they should receive said event. As I said earlier, with all the rain I was ok having 2 events on the same day, Not 1 event that 2 separate sponsors paid for 2 separate races. That's not good business if you want other sponsors to come in. just saying ! AND with the championship on the line this was the only fair move. I'
maybe i will sponsor a race JIm im not scared, and i dont think i'm bitching i along with many others want to race, and i guess as a paying member every year we have had a member ship i think i should have a voice in this, i supported these races 3 hours away in roxboro when we would have 10 cars show up, so if you want my sponser ship money i am sure Gary Peterson Motorsports would sound good for an event in my book and ill put up the money for it, so i guess you have to be a sponser to have a say so, well good luck to everyone, i m not trying to take anything away from you Jim or any other person that sponsers these events and i have thanked every one that i have personally spoke too while at the event they sponsored as i would have to you jeff ,and joey warren if we would have raced this weekend, but im not a sponsor just a supporter for many years, ill keep my mouth shut im sorry i have a passion for this sport and if it was at all possible i would race if it was raining and yes i think that it is cheesey that we are told the racers can decide then we get a load of crap, we raced at Darlington last year with a huricaine blowing through not many cars came prob around 20 but those 2 whiners that always bitch were their, done

Last edited by Brandon Peterson; 12-14-2013 at 12:24 AM.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:35 AM   #8
Brandon Peterson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT TILLEY View Post

Thanks
Scott Tilley
not taking anything away from you on this either scott dont want you or anyone to think this, i know you tried your best
Old 12-14-2013, 01:11 AM   #9
Jeffl52

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I hate when these posts start sounding like round track racing and everybody downs each other. Let's remember what drag racing is it is a very passionate very competitive family sport that we all love and enjoy which can get emotions stirred up time to time. That being said one thing I did like about the post was a gamblers race on Sunday if enough people see this post maybe we can get 12 or 16 cars for a little race to cure the itch. I'm sure i can talk at least one brother In joining me. if we're serious about it let's put it on Facebook as well and see what happens
Jeffl52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #10
joe huestis

Liked 368 Times in 102 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Races 7& 8 will be run March 8 & 9

I would consider going to F'ville for a gambler's race tomorrow. I was wondering why I couldn't stop scratching this past month ! Let's cure the itch ! Any others ?
joe huestis is offline   Reply With Quote