HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 08-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #1
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,006 Times in 1,223 Posts
Default "Live From" Cecil County Dragway - NHRA Lucas Oil Series

I'm not at Cecil County Dragway, but Jack is. The services is terrible their and he hopes to have an update on the test and tune late tonight. Jack told me there were lots of cars testing and the weather was perfect. It will be in the low 50's tonight, so tomorrow mornings qualifying will be quick.

If get any more info from Jack I will be sure to pass it on.
Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:57 PM   #2
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: "Live From" Cecil County Dragway - NHRA Lucas Oil Series

I had been planning on going, and have just in the last few minutes decided to bail. 10PM here, just got done working for the night (with plenty more to do), and a 9-hr tow on no sleep doesn't look like a plan. Should have printed flyers and promo decals for the NCN at Bowling Green next week. Good luck to everyone!

MB -- missing going fast at CC.... will make it for the Jim Harrington Footbrake Classic in September!
Old 08-16-2013, 07:10 AM   #3
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Liked 1,578 Times in 322 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jack Matyas
Talking Re: "Live From" Cecil County Dragway - NHRA Lucas Oil Series

Good morning gang - while I have some limited service I'll get in a few details this morning .The weather this morning is chilly ( low 50's) but sunny with only a few clouds overhead and with dew everywhere that should burn off by our 9am start .

This being the second last stop in this division we've had it all this year - rain,wind,extra hot weather and not to mention slick track conditions but this weekend holds promise - fast weather with a hooking track here at Cecil County should produce some great ET's for the Stock /SS crowd for sure .......we'll see - back a little later if I've got service .

Just for the record i've got one (count 'em 1) TV channel - its going to be a long night .

Humor ?? OK , and at my expense -while at New England Dragway a month ago I had to do a TV antenna repair up on my coach roof- I was up and down the ladder many times doing the fix but got it done - last night while getting set up here I noticed something different - all I can tell you is that getting old is hard and I'm fighting it best as I can - check out the picture ...........
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	atco 13 006.jpg
Views:	914
Size:	230.5 KB
ID:	20551  

Last edited by Jack Matyas; 08-16-2013 at 07:23 AM.
Jack Matyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:19 AM   #4
Dennis P Chapman
VIP Member

Liked 52 Times in 24 Posts

Jack at least it stayed on Lol.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:51 AM   #5
Lew Silverman
VIP Member

Liked 129 Times in 59 Posts

Looks like an old fire escape, Jack! Those pesky kid's will use it if you don't fold it up!

But that's not the worst I've seen - at least once a weekend someone drives off with their antenna in the "up" position! Can you say Low Bridge?

Good Luck to you and everyone racing at Cecil County this weekend. Have fun and be safe!
Lew Silverman #2070
"The Wagon Master" N/SA
Lew Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:12 AM   #6
Marc LaBrecque

Liked 383 Times in 98 Posts
Exclamation Re: "Live From" Cecil County Dragway - NHRA Lucas Oil Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Matyas View Post
Good morning gang - while I have some limited service I'll get in a few details this morning .The weather this morning is chilly ( low 50's) but sunny with only a few clouds overhead and with dew everywhere that should burn off by our 9am start .

This being the second last stop in this division we've had it all this year - rain,wind,extra hot weather and not to mention slick track conditions but this weekend holds promise - fast weather with a hooking track here at Cecil County should produce some great ET's for the Stock /SS crowd for sure .......we'll see - back a little later if I've got service .

Just for the record i've got one (count 'em 1) TV channel - its going to be a long night .

Humor ?? OK , and at my expense -while at New England Dragway a month ago I had to do a TV antenna repair up on my coach roof- I was up and down the ladder many times doing the fix but got it done - last night while getting set up here I noticed something different - all I can tell you is that getting old is hard and I'm fighting it best as I can - check out the picture ...........
And no Jack , if it fell of it would not still be under warranty ? Wish we were their but that work thing gets in the way .

Marc
Marc LaBrecque is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:35 AM   #7
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,006 Times in 1,223 Posts

I Just got a call from Jack, the internet service was horrible and he could not post. He told me Stock ran their first qualifying run and super street and super comp are also done with Super Stock running now.

Although the night was chilly, in the 50's, by the time Stock ran the temperature was already in the 70's and it was humid, bar was around 29.60. The starting line was in good shape, but Jack did tell me that his prediction of a fast track this morning was a little optimistic. Either way, its a nice day at Cecil County Dragway, with a good turn out and more cars coming in it should be a great weekend of racing.
Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:05 PM   #8
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Hi troops - I feel like a guest reporter but let me tell you the good news - I'm back on the Internet .How you ask ? Thanks to my good friend Jim Samuels from Drag Race Central I've got full service again because he shared some of his secrets of success with the Internet .I owe him big time and I'm sure he'll make me pay .

Today's racing was fun indeed - extra nice weather and believe it or not the NHRA saw fit to actually give everyone an extra run - special thanks should go out to Dave Mohn and Jim Bowen for granting us that run today .

Back a little later ...........
Old 08-17-2013, 07:20 AM   #9
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Good morning - In a few short hours we'll be doing our last qualifier and then on into elims this afternoon and because of impending weather coming tomorrow I'm told by some 'higher ups' that we'll be doing at least two rounds today .That said we'll just have to get in the usual bar-b-quing done in between rounds later .

This morning the Sun is just coming up and its gonna be another beauty today - like someone famous says - its a real 'Chamber of Commerce ' deal for sure .A bit nippy this AM but it will warm up fast and burn off the dew thats covering everything outside my window .I'd be glad to tell you all the weather into but my weather station went haywire and i've got nothing .Its been a weekend of stuff breaking here in my pit and I can only be thankful that my racer went down the track.And thats only with the help of a few select friends who've been sticking by my side helping out - many thanks to Tommy Goldman who I know I've been a pain in his butte , Joey Burns who has spent countless hours lately trying to make things work as Chevrolet intended and my computer guru Jeff Jewell whose fingers are worn from hitting the keys on my behalf.Thanks guys .

As I sit here enjoying a bowl of 'Special K' with bananas I just know that today will be filled with some great racing - so stay tuned - we'll try to keep you entertained ..........
Old 08-17-2013, 09:58 AM   #10
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Smile Re: "Live From" Cecil County Dragway - NHRA Lucas Oil Series

Stock and SuperStreet got their final hit in - most were .01 to .02 faster than yesterday morning -SuperStock up soon .Track had real teeth - most ET gains were in the 60's .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cecil County 13 007.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	20570   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cecil County 13 009.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	221.0 KB
ID:	20571   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cecil County 13 011.jpg
Views:	450