HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Top Sportsman and Top Dragster

Old 05-09-2007, 08:37 AM   #1
AA Altered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Top Dragster rules for 07

Has anyone noticed the discrepency between the NHRA rulebook and the top dragster rules (as posted in DIV 5)?

There are many but for sepercharged front motor cars, a SFI 15 suit is required for Comp or S/C but in T/D they want a 20.

In Comp or S/C supercharger restrainsts 14-1 (straps only) are required and in T/D they want the 14-2 (bag).

I'm always one for safety, but it seems odd that I can run the same car, same speed and same ET in either Comp or S/C with lesser (and less expensive) safety equipment but if I move over to T/D, I need the expensive stuff.

I know most cars in the class are dragsters with large displacement normally aspirated motors but blowers and shorter wheelbases are so much more fun - at least for me.

Division 5 has changed the blower restraint requirement but not the suit as far as I know.

Any comments?

Tony

Old 05-09-2007, 09:21 PM   #2
Freddie

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Tony: the way I figured it to be is that a S/C car is running 8.90... we all know the car could run much faster but the class is 8.90... as for comp, depends on the index..

in T/D some of the Blown Altereds I have seen run are well into the 6's.. fall well under the requirements for Advanced E.T, where NHRA clearly required more equipment...

I have a Altered myself and was thinking of trying T/D but my car is only Certified to 7.50 and the class has a 7.99 minimum...

NMRA 2012 Outlaw 10.5 #10
Freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:20 AM   #3
AA Altered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's agood point. Our car could run in the low 7's and maybe the 6's with enough overdrive. We set it up to run on the Nostalgia Eliminator I class with the 7.60 index, over the 7.50 line for more safety equipment. My point to our Tech Director was to make the limit for T/D consistent with the rule bood at 7.50.

Either that or set the max ET at 7.50.

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here. I never begrudge the idea of using safety equipment. I just want NHRA to be consistent.

As an aside my understaqnding is that lifter the T/D and T/S rules from IHRA.

Old 05-11-2007, 08:55 AM   #4
Freddie

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

I think NHRA set the min Et at 7.99 only because it would keep alot of the cars in S/C.. if they set it at the 8.50 they originally had for T/S when they started it you would have everyone running T/D and no one in S/C.. the 7.99 min is not going to be run by the average S/C car.. 8.1's maybe..

I can tell you this much from what I have seen it wont be long before you will need a 7.30 car or faster just to get in the show..

NMRA 2012 Outlaw 10.5 #10
Freddie is offline   Reply With Quote