HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-13-2020, 06:42 PM   #21
GTS340

Liked 1,069 Times in 334 Posts
Default Re: Correct schedule would be nice!!

I'm sure all tracks are trying to make a schedule to save their season. If they were to just start August 1st like nothing happened. That would leave 5 races in division 6, 2 or 3 in the rest.
Seems to me by August the weather will play into schedules too.It would be 110 degrees here. I would think November and even December races are possible in Arizona, Texas, Florida and even here in Las Vegas.
What happens to chasing points?

Paul Haszlauer
GTS340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 08:19 PM   #22
BRINK

Liked 140 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfan1 View Post
So Indy is now a 4 day event? What about Class Eliminations?
Good question. Probably run Stock and Super Stock Class on Thursday. Finish up late in the evening. Friday, Saturday and Sunday Sportsman Eliminations. Friday will be a long day, also. The Pro's will dominate the schedule on Saturday and Sunday. They'll finish the Sportsman Eliminations on Sunday evening, like they did last year. If it rains, all bets are off. This is not to be construed as fake news.........it's just a guess. Could be all wrong.
BRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 07:28 AM   #23
JeremyDuncan

Liked 280 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRINK View Post
Good question. Probably run Stock and Super Stock Class on Thursday. Finish up late in the evening. Friday, Saturday and Sunday Sportsman Eliminations. Friday will be a long day, also. The Pro's will dominate the schedule on Saturday and Sunday. They'll finish the Sportsman Eliminations on Sunday evening, like they did last year. If it rains, all bets are off. This is not to be construed as fake news.........it's just a guess. Could be all wrong.
Unfortunately the info I am hearing is no class Eliminations this year at Indy. However the Jeg's All Star race will be contested at U.S. Nats. Sportsman Thursday, Friday, Saturday, & Done on Sunday. Pro's will race on Saturday, Sunday, & Monday.
JeremyDuncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 05-14-2020, 08:15 AM   #24
Bobby DiDomenico

Liked 88 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Taylor 3601 View Post
That's what I'm watching now, especially GA since they went back wide open....
is it going to run rampant???? or Are immune systems going to kick in and it fizzle out?
In Illinois they are now testing thousands more individuals than previously done so the state case count is rising and nearly 50% of the deaths have been individuals residing in nursing homes.
Bobby DiDomenico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 08:31 AM   #25
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,701 Times in 852 Posts

Yesterday’s Wisconsin Supreme Court ruling (govenor’s stay at home order ruled unlawful and unenforceable) may change everything. We may be headed to the same “herd immunity” as Sweden has. Probably get fast tracked to SCOTUS but a wild ride ahead.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 05-14-2020, 08:54 AM   #26
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 984 Times in 299 Posts

Even though the detailed schedule hasn’t been released the rumor has no class being contested at Indy this year due to the shorter days and all sportsman will be done on Sunday with just Pros on Monday and Monday being a “travel day” for sportsman. I’ve heard it from a few good sources.

Also Topeka, Maple & Gainesville have all released their new dates for Nationals and they fall in line to the “rumored” schedule that was posted on the Internet. I’m sure everyone is just throwing darts at a board to see what is going to stick and what isn’t. It’s definitely not easy right now being a track owner, promoter or division director and I’m sure there is going to be races on top of each other and we’ll have to pick and choose where we go but, just be glad we’re getting back to racing and I believe it will be as soon as June in some places.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 09:51 AM   #27
Spyphish

Liked 662 Times in 174 Posts

NO HEMI SHOOTOUT at Indy????? The world is a mess. On to Great Race and 24 hours of Lemons. Phish
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0523.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	329.4 KB
ID:	54499  
Spyphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 10:04 AM   #28
Stan Weiss

Liked 545 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcarter View Post
Yesterday’s Wisconsin Supreme Court ruling (govenor’s stay at home order ruled unlawful and unenforceable) may change everything. We may be headed to the same “herd immunity” as Sweden has. Probably get fast tracked to SCOTUS but a wild ride ahead.

Maybe you should take a closer look at Sweden's number next to it neighbors Norway and Finland. Whom did follow the protocols. Sweden did not do very good.

Stan
Stan Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 05-14-2020, 11:09 AM   #29
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,701 Times in 852 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
Maybe you should take a closer look at Sweden's number next to it neighbors Norway and Finland. Whom did follow the protocols. Sweden did not do very good.

Stan
Wasn’t defending Sweden’s approach. They indeed have a higher death rate. There’s a lot of opinions on why they went that route but I’ll try to avoid politics.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 01:38 PM   #30
SS/GSI

Liked 507 Times in 82 Posts

Jeremy Duncan - Unfortunately the info I am hearing is no class Eliminations this year at Indy. However the Jeg's All Star race will be contested at U.S. Nats. Sportsman Thursday, Friday, Saturday, & Done on Sunday. Pro's will race on Saturday, Sunday, & Monday.[/QUOTE]

Jeremy is correct, as of now class run offs/eliminations have been taken off the schedule for Indy. However, I have been talking with our SRAC Reps to lobby NHRA to at least give the Class Wally to the fastest car. Although not ideal, probably the only scenario they(NHRA) will consider at this point. Cancelling CLASS at INDY will create a deficit for NHRA and unfortunately all they are looking at is the outgoing costs(ie. the trophies and tear down staff) What they are not taking into considerations is the amount of entries that will not attend, should class be canceled. The average car entry with 2 crew members is $500.00/entry. I could easily foresee 30+ entries in each STK and SS not attending should NHRA cancel class all together. In SS, just the AH cars would make up 20 entries alone and I could easily name 10 other racers that would not attend should this be the final call from NHRA. If NHRA deems the cost of the trophies and tear down as primary reasons for the cancellation, simple math would point out the mistake in their reasoning. NHRA handed out 81 Class Wally's last year. Should the # remain the same, at a cost of less than $100.00/trophy, NHRA would be out less than $8000.00 on trophy costs and the tech crew will be on site anyways; therefore even the addition of a days wage for a couple extra tech guys, perdiem and accommodations would be a couple grand at best. A maximum of $10,000.00 cost to NHRA is letting them chance losing 30-40k in entry fees and crew, not to mention what those people will spend at the concessions. Just the AH guys alone not showing up would pay the costs. Please reach out to your SRAC Reps or Div. Directors to encourage NHRA to at least have the fastest run win class, if not even reinstate the runoffs all together. Tnx