HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-14-2019, 09:45 PM   #101
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,784 Times in 1,522 Posts
Default Re: Attention Nova 350/255 stock combo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
You know Billy I hear about these big dollar heads and intake. How much do they cost and who are doing them? And I know you think I'm kidding you but I'm not. If your talking about acid intakes for about $500 and heads that have had some bowl and runner work done. I think that's the norm for Stock today. I would be surprised if more than 10% of the Stockers running today have bone stock intakes and heads. Now if you want everyone to throw their intakes out and heads out and go back to the day when only 10% were having the work done now that would be expensive. The old days of Stock are gone. Not saying it's right or wrong just saying it's were we are. A few of you seem to want to go back to the Stock of 40 year ago. I don't and I don't think many do. As I said before I don't want to run a 12 second B/SA. At this point all we can hope for is they don't let it get to far out of hand. Barry

P S I don't know anyone getting that kind of money for heads and intakes. And to be honest I'm way to cheap to spend anywhere near that kind of money on them.
Sooooo, you've heard about these "big dollar heads and intakes" but you don't know anything about them? But you DO know about acided intakes and heads that "have had some bowl and runner work done". And it's not expensive. Hmmmmm.
You would be "surprised if more than 10% of the Stockers running today" are WHAT? LEGAL? Wow, what a concept!
Now, "you're way too cheap" to spend that kind of money for heads and an intake but if we had to "go back to the day when only 10% were having the work done now that would get expensive". Why would it get expensive for you if you're "way too cheap" to get that work done? If you're one of the 10% with legal, stock heads and intake then what's your problem? Me thinks that your stuff would still run a bit quicker than 12s even with un-enhanced parts on it.
Why do I get the feeling that you're trying to feed me a line of poop and convince me that it's a hershey bar?

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 09:49 PM   #102
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,784 Times in 1,522 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubski View Post
''it seems like a bunch of bottom feeders are crying about fast people its easy to throw stones how about working on your car oh you do but stock and ss are not dyi engines you same people cry '' a quote from the real racer all real racers respect !!
"Real Racers" post their real names.

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 09-14-2019, 10:37 PM   #103
Dan Fahey
VIP Member

Liked 180 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
HA HA HA!!!!! Dwight maybe and a fantastic asset he would be! As for Yac and I, never ever ever happen. Too militant.
Before you "reconstruct" the AHFS, the Tech Dept. has to "reconstruct" or repair or or realign just what it accepts as legal.
And IMHO, if you have a set of 10k-20k "stock" heads and a 2k-5k "stock" intake, you're probably not legal.
Then it would be detectable ..
What is done to a set of $20k heads and Intake?
How is NHRA policing this?
Dan Fahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 08:26 AM   #104
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Attention Nova 350/255 stock combo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Fahey View Post
Then it would be detectable ..
What is done to a set of $20k heads and Intake?
How is NHRA policing this?
They haven't policed this since around 1985 !
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 08:34 AM   #105
Dan Fahey
VIP Member

Liked 180 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
They haven't policed this since around 1985 !
They have to be.
How are cars passing tech now?
Dan Fahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 08:56 AM   #106
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

Quote:
They have to be.
What Tech ? LOL
Old 09-15-2019, 09:29 AM   #107
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,079 Times in 769 Posts

I'm still trying to get head around spending the big money and the working your butt off to run with the crowd only to race to the 1000 foot stripe. ???
The old rule book is never coming back so only thing to do are first fix the AHFS (with the help of the CR Consulting Group, LOL!) and then methodically policing the bogus stuff.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 10:24 AM   #108
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,452 Times in 1,956 Posts

I think I have over $1000 in finding my six pack intake. I purchased all of the old aluminum intakes I could find and two new ones. Then we ran them on the dyno with eight EGT's in the headers. We would change jetting in an attempt to bring EGT's together. I had them numbered 1 - 6 with what I thought would make the best power. This will show you how much I know. One and six were duds and number five was the magic number. Then we backed to backed the best two at the track and number five is still the best. Mid-way through the first pull on the dyno with number five I knew I had a boy dog.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 11:23 AM   #109
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,447 Times in 1,693 Posts

Quote:
They have to be.
Dan, The rule says (I'm paraphrasing) No welding, grind marks, file marks, etc.
Must pour at or under the listed port volume.
That is their official "out"
What does that mean to you?
What that means to me, is good flowing "Stock" cylinder heads became very expensive with that wording.
But then , it goes with all the other NHRA expenses. Nobody seems to mind .They're fighting to get into Nationals.
As my friend Barry says." People don't want to go back, so there ya go...
Old 09-15-2019, 11:27 AM   #110
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Cool Re: Attention Nova 350/255 stock combo.

Quote:
They have to be.
NHRA got rid of the smart and good tech officials. I had hoped Wesley would have made a difference but no not at Indy 2019 ! Cost to much in NHRA's eyes. But I can say I have been around this poop as an official since 1971 or so and it started sometime before 1985. I won't mention names but I have seen it and its gotten worse. I know of one 428 CJ intake manifold that weighs 10 lbs less than a stock one. Its one reason I quit working and I only race bracket races myself close to home and BS on this site as long as Ken will let me. Its not worth it to race stock today to me plus the contingencies are way less than the early 1970's . You guys are just filler for the Fuel idiots and monkey shows. It would be less expensive if everyone stood in a line and pulled their pants down to see who has the biggest you know what. Todays rules for stock are just plain stupid but enjoy. The old days will not return. I would guess the stockers will become Super Stockers some time in the future.

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 09-15-2019 at 11:53 AM.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote