HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-23-2010, 08:46 PM   #361
68hemiss

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Loyrat View Post
Does anybody know what became of a Hemi Dart that was first owned and run by Kilbane Dodge in Strongsville, Ohio. They only ran it a year and I think they sold it to S&S Auto in Cleveland. I saw this car when it was first delivered at the dealer. It had a Pasley print that ran along both sides of the car when they painted it.
The Kilbane Dart and the S&S Dart are two different cars. The S&S Dart is still around and was at the Hemi Reunion at Quaker City in 08'. The original owner was also there - so was Denny Kilbane. I invited Wayne Schultz - I am not sure if he was there?? I am tracking the history of the Kilbane car now. Funny, a good friend of mine built his first Hemi at Wayne's shop - The Dart was there at the time.
Mark Janaky
68hemiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:49 PM   #362
68hemiss

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[.......Mark J,, Got (3) on Charlie Lendrum,,,one with the 69' grille and
rear deck spoiler, running Pro/Stock 1971..The hood scoop looks slightly altered..It looks like at York US 30, so I'm guessing the 1971 Super Stock Magazine Nationals, May 71. You know, Albany Dodge is still in business, in Albany, New York.
Paul[/QUOTE]

Paul,
I started really looking at the Picture that I have of Lendrum's Dart and it does have the rear spoiler - the camera angle and the background just kind of camoflaged it! Do you have any when still had the 68 grille?
Mark J
Old 02-24-2010, 01:58 PM   #363
Al Loyrat

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68hemiss View Post
The Kilbane Dart and the S&S Dart are two different cars. The S&S Dart is still around and was at the Hemi Reunion at Quaker City in 08'. The original owner was also there - so was Denny Kilbane. I invited Wayne Schultz - I am not sure if he was there?? I am tracking the history of the Kilbane car now. Funny, a good friend of mine built his first Hemi at Wayne's shop - The Dart was there at the time.
Mark Janaky
Thanks for the reply. I have an old photo of the S&S Dart in the pits at I think it was Dragway 42. When Kilbane car was around, I don't remember seeing the S&S Dart around until 69. Didn't S&S have a nasty black 33 Willys with a big inch blown hemi at one time? And who is Wayne Schultz? Is he from the Cleveland area?
Al Loyrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:43 PM   #364
68hemiss

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Loyrat View Post
Thanks for the reply. I have an old photo of the S&S Dart in the pits at I think it was Dragway 42. When Kilbane car was around, I don't remember seeing the S&S Dart around until 69. Didn't S&S have a nasty black 33 Willys with a big inch blown hemi at one time? And who is Wayne Schultz? Is he from the Cleveland area?
Any chance you could scan and send me a copy of the S&S Dart pic? I am not sure about the Willys. Wayne owned the Dart and I am assuming one of the "S" in S&S. A good friend of mine is currently restoring the Hall & Williams Dart from the Cleveland area. Is there any chance that you might have some pics of this car. We have found some from Chuck Gilchrist but always looking for more.
Thanks,
Mark J
dart4261964@yahoo.com
Old 02-25-2010, 11:15 AM   #365
ss wannabee

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Sorry for the interuption but can you recommend some kind of Mopar event this Spring/Summer/Fall (2010) where one could get a "taste" of what's been talked about here. Could be a car show, drag race, or whatever...Would have to be reasonably close to Northeast or NYC area...NJ and PA maybe o.k. Got a friend who was Mopar dealer mechanic in late 1960's...Boston area. He's not too keen on long "road trips" due to age...We went to a large Mopar event at E-town...must have been 10 years or so ago..but looking for a different place...One of the days there was "mufflers-only"...that really sucked! Is Hemi-Reunion still in Ohio?
ss wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:21 PM   #366
68hemiss

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The Hemi Reunion was a one time deal but you might want to check out the York Reunion. Darwin Doll puts that on in June I think. All kinds of old drag cars and the racers (all makes). It is a two day deal and I belive the second day is at a Dragstrip (Beaver Springs?). I will see if I can find some info on it for you. Any chance that your buddy used to work at Boch Dodge??
Mark J
Old 02-25-2010, 09:39 PM   #367
68hemiss

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Looks like it is in July - Chevys are featured this year but there will be all makes. Check out this site: http://www.yorknostalgia.com/
Check out previous years photos, I think that you will like it.
Mark J
Old 02-26-2010, 02:35 PM   #368
ss wannabee

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68hemiss View Post
The Hemi Reunion was a one time deal but you might want to check out the York Reunion. Darwin Doll puts that on in June I think. All kinds of old drag cars and the racers (all makes). It is a two day deal and I belive the second day is at a Dragstrip (Beaver Springs?). I will see if I can find some info on it for you. Any chance that your buddy used to work at Boch Dodge??
Mark J
Thanks for the info.........The York Reunion is a very good one....never been able to go. No, my friend worked at North Shore Chrysler-Plymouth........
Old 02-27-2010, 02:46 AM   #369
Paul Ceasrine
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Mark J,,
Have to go through my files for Charlie Lendrum stuff. I know I have one of him at Lebanon Valley (early shot of the Dart),,also at New York National, L.I., New York,,and at York US30, PA...One I definitely have, is him at Island Dragstrip, Great Meadows, NJ versus Bill Stiles. The Pro/S
photo of him is from 1971 (I believe),,check closely and you can see some alterations to the hood scoop. There is a lost photo of him on the internet at Milton, Vermont,,,not sure if it is his 65' Chevelle A/FX 427
'Northern Shaker' or the Albany Dodge car???
More paperwork to go through.......Paul
Paul Ceasrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:48 PM   #370
ss wannabee

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Hey Paul C........where can I find Milton,Vermont stuff....photos,etc. Always wondered about that place......