HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge

Old 08-14-2014, 12:47 PM   #1
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 279 Times in 149 Posts
Smile Disabled Veterans Discount info from Verizon

Just thought I would pass along a bit of info--- I just switched my cell phone to Verizon service. I am receiving a 19 % discount on the portion that is the data package NOT the whole bill, and a 25% discount on any accessories for the phones from Verizon. You will need to bring in your DD214 and your VA Photo ID card to complete the discount registration.Once you are in the "system" you will not have to update the info at all. Dick Ullrich FED 387
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 01:32 PM   #2
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 685 Times in 131 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Thumbs up Re: Disabled Veterans Discount info from Verizon

This is a great idea! Kudos to Verizon! Jim

Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
SSSSA Forum Moderator
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 01:52 PM   #3
FED 387
VIP Member

Default Re: Disabled Veterans Discount info from Verizon

Again ASK every retailer you shop at if they give a Disabled VA discount--it probably will not be posted unless you are near a military base but ASK--- all they can do is say NO--You will be surprised at how many companies give one may be as small as 5% but many are in the 10-20% range ---anyway its all $$$$$---FED 387
Old 08-15-2014, 10:58 AM   #4
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FED 387 View Post
Again ASK every retailer you shop at if they give a Disabled VA discount--it probably will not be posted unless you are near a military base but ASK--- all they can do is say NO--You will be surprised at how many companies give one may be as small as 5% but many are in the 10-20% range ---anyway its all $$$$$---FED 387
It is a shame we have to wh*re ourselves, businesses should be proud to give a little back to those that gave so much.
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:21 AM   #5
FED 387
VIP Member

Thumbs down Re: Disabled Veterans Discount info from Verizon

Ed--We have a large company like a Lowes or Home Depot here in the Midwest with 200 plus stores called Menard's. You might know John Menards son Paul Menard a Nascar racer runs out of Richard Childress Racing. John Menard is also the RICHEST person in the State of Wisconsin worth about 8 BILLION dollars.(google it) John Menard was once asked if they give any type of discount to Military personnel wether retired or active also Disabled his reply is it is not my responsibility to give any sort of discount to them that is the governments responsibility. Wonderful attitude dont ya think. John is regarded as a p-rick by many people and not liked by lots of people because of this attitude me included. I will not shop at a Menards and drive right past one 1 mile from my home to go to the Home Depot 3 miles away. I will not give him ONE DIME!!!!! Fed 387
Old 08-15-2014, 11:37 AM   #6
Eddies66
VIP Member

Quote:
Ed--We have a large company like a Lowes or Home Depot here in the Midwest with 200 plus stores called Menard's. You might know John Menards son Paul Menard a Nascar racer runs out of Richard Childress Racing. John Menard is also the RICHEST person in the State of Wisconsin worth about 8 BILLION dollars.(google it) John Menard was once asked if they give any type of discount to Military personnel wether retired or active also Disabled his reply is it is not my responsibility to give any sort of discount to them that is the governments responsibility. Wonderful attitude dont ya think. John is regarded as a p-rick by many people and not liked by lots of people because of this attitude me included. I will not shop at a Menards and drive right past one 1 mile from my home to go to the Home Depot 3 miles away. I will not give him ONE DIME!!!!! Fed 387
Yes, not one dime.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:26 PM   #7
Eddies66
VIP Member

Quote:
Just thought I would pass along a bit of info--- I just switched my cell phone to Verizon service. I am receiving a 19 % discount on the portion that is the data package NOT the whole bill, and a 25% discount on any accessories for the phones from Verizon. You will need to bring in your DD214 and your VA Photo ID card to complete the discount registration.Once you are in the "system" you will not have to update the info at all. Dick Ullrich FED 387
Got 15% off on phone, on my way to the Verizon store with DD215, Retired ID and VA Card for the rest of the discount.