HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 05-02-2007, 06:06 PM   #1
TN ROCKET

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Warning! The Facts About Ryan Koener

It is a rare occasion that I feel the need to reply to a post on the internet. In this case, I feel that the record needs to be set straight as I think indeed Ryan Koener has tried to slander me and my company. Ryan presented the so called facts - here are a few that he conveniently left out:

He said that he spent $3000-$4000 at our facility - in FACT, he spent a total of $2260. That was for the upgrade on TWO boxes from bank-to-bank to full sequential and for our firmware/software. (He was given universal O2s at no charge).

In his first phone call AFTER the recalibration of his ECU, (I NEVER SAW OR TOUCHED HIS NITROUS HARDWARE) while I was attending an IHRA national event in Michigan , he stated that he was very happy with the results:

1. The engine would start AND idle without touching the throttle, previously Ryan stated that the water temp needed to get to 160+ to achieve the same...

2. The engine had sharp throttle response and would get up on the converter easily...

3. The car made the QUICKEST and FASTEST run to date.

Soon after, Ryan decided to change the converter and he began reporting difficulty with my calibrations. I tried several times, at length, to explain how to adjust the accel enrichment table.

As far as $7000+ damage to the engine, any engine that is run as rich as his was, for any amount of time, let alone the majority of its life, will certainly incur damage. I don't see how I am responsible for that.

Ryan stated that he did not feel like a "priority customer", funny, but he said the same thing about his previous source of EFI information - who in fact sold him ALL of it.

Good Luck with Dave at FAST. See you in the lanes.

Jeff Prock
Applied Nitrous TECHNOLOGY (for the record)

TN ROCKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:37 PM   #2
TS310C

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am not going to argue with most of what Jeff said in his post. However facts are facts and if he is presenting facts they should be true. We did not make our fastest pass to date. We did make the fastest pass on motor, but not with the nitrous. The motor did idle well and did come up on the convertor (with the smaller convertor) However, in my previous post I did mention that I thought that Jeff was a very good tuner. I never once said I didn't think he knew what he was doing. That is why I started to use him in the first place. I do think he made promises to me that he couldn't keep and that I was treated rudely on the phone. If I treated my customers the way I was treated I would be out of business. Rather than deal with the problems I was having with my setup they determined that it would be easier to terminate me as a customer. Obviously I have no way of knowing if this is the norm for Applied, because I have only my experience to draw from. I am in no way trying to slander anyone. Simply sharing my experience. I am truely sorry it didn't work out, because I think it would have been good for our team.