HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-02-2007, 11:38 AM   #1
sg1838

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Sportsman Car Counts - What's Going on?

With the E-Town registration currently on-going, I just decided to look back to see how many of the national events so far this year have had full classes. MUCH to my surprise, here's the complete list of classes that have filled the pre-set quota by NHRA:

1. S/S @ Pomona
2. S/C @ Pomona
3. S/G @ Pomona
4. S/S @ Bristol
5, S/C @ Joliet
6. S/C @ E-Town

That's it! At every other national event, there were openings in every category not listed above. Now, in some categories there weren't a lot of spots open (I think there was 1 in S/G at Gainesville), but basically if you had a grade point of 0 you could have entered into any national event category not listed above.

Looking at upcoming events (through Englishtown since it really just opened for registration), it's likely that a grade point of 0 will get you into your category of choice at your event of choice as long as it's not listed above, and it's not at E-Town.

So, what gives??? Is it just me, or are the car counts down significantly this year? If the car counts are down, why? Is it due to rising gas prices (again)? Is it people are finally fed up with NHRA's crap (diapers, oil down penalties, etc.)?

Interesting...

Jason Oldfield
S/G & S/ST 1838
sg1838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:08 PM   #2
Michael Lyons

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

More than likely all of the above... If gas was cheap then I may not be concerned as much about the high entry costs or stupid oil down fines.. likewise if it didn't cost so much to enter a race, gas prices wpuldn't be as much a concern either, but its just getting to be too big a hassle and expence vs the reward or certainly the chance of reward.. Why do all that and be made to feel like they don't care if you're there or not.. I can be treated like crap for free in my own town... Not to mention way too much to do both sanctioning bodies and when the one is cheaper and more races with less travel expence.. well the less funded racers, and theres more of em everyday thanks to George W, don't even have to make the choice. NHRA makes it for them.

Michael Lyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:17 PM   #3
Freddie

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

why spend in excess of $1500. to race for penuts and some possible contigency money when most of the tracks around the country are hosting 5 & 10K to win Bracket races....

I know we have not raced any Divisional or National events for a few years now mainly because of the time involved and the payouts.. I can go to a single day bracket race pay my $125. to enter and "IF" I am lucky pick up a large check at the end of the night and go home...

I also dont need a 150K Super Car to do this with.. I can run my old Altered with a mid 9 second setup and race all year without tearing stuff up (makes racing alot more fun when we dont break stuff) ...

NMRA 2012 Outlaw 10.5 #10
Freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 03:45 PM   #4
BD104X

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

After seeing the way the NHRA treats sportsman competitors, I can't believe that ANY of the classes still get a full field. No one seems happy, but everyone still shows up week after week, so why should the NHRA change? They just laugh at you all the way to the bank.........

Billy Duhs
BD104X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 06:56 PM   #5
FOR REAL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
After seeing the way the NHRA treats sportsman competitors, I can't believe that ANY of the classes still get a full field. No one seems happy, but everyone still shows up week after week, so why should the NHRA change? They just laugh at you all the way to the bank.........

Billy Duhs
whats wrong with the way NHRA treats sportsman racers .what did you SEE. something NEW.

asta

FOR REAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:40 AM   #6
jdee1212

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

HEY ASTA WHEN'S THAT NEW RIDE GETTING HERE.I NEED SOME ABUSE ! I'M REAIIY BAD I WANT TO GO TO THE RACES AND HANG OUT WITH YOU TOO.THATS DOUBLE ABUSE. CALL ME.

jdee1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:31 PM   #7
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 700 Times in 204 Posts

Joey, When did John ever abuse anyone? ... The guys like a puppy , [ a Doberman ,Rottweiller, Pit bull mix] !!!!
....Let me know if you are coming to E-town, I'll bring you some Malone's pizza!! .... Tom

Old 05-07-2007, 10:28 PM   #8
jdee1212

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

HEY TOM I'M THINKING ABOUT COMMING TO E-TOWN WITH THE BIG GRILL!! IF I DON'T BOOK A PARTY FOR THAT WEEKEND. MAYBE WE CAN CELEBRATE IGGIES WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WITH A ROASTED PIG. CALL ME 631-816-1335

jdee1212 is offline   Reply With Quote