HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-27-2024, 11:38 AM   #11
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,232 Times in 596 Posts
Default Re: Paul Wong

When Darcy started this thread, it was to say Thank You to Paul Wong for helping a racer in need. It has become more than that.

I have NEVER seen a post receive over 125 likes, and still going. That says a lot about the kind of people that Paul and Stephanie are. Thank You to them for showing us how we all could/ should be.
Old 02-28-2024, 08:20 PM   #12
Paul Wong

Liked 379 Times in 72 Posts

I would like to say thank you for all the kind words. This is a racing family and the relationships it has fostered are as important as winning any race to me. It is comforting that one of us could get into a difficult position thousands of miles from home and know you can trust people to help. This is far from snowflake talk but the trophies and money won are not much without the friends you share the victories with.

Thanks again

Paul and Stephanie
Paul Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 09:15 PM   #13
MAURICE BLENDHEIM

Liked 228 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Wong View Post
I would like to say thank you for all the kind words. This is a racing family and the relationships it has fostered are as important as winning any race to me. It is comforting that one of us could get into a difficult position thousands of miles from home and know you can trust people to help. This is far from snowflake talk but the trophies and money won are not much without the friends you share the victories with.

Thanks again

Paul and Stephanie
Paul...That was very well put. I hope to meet you one day. MB
MAURICE BLENDHEIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 02-29-2024, 12:35 PM   #14
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,232 Times in 596 Posts
Smile Re: Paul Wong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Wong View Post

Thanks again

Paul and Stephanie

Paul, you are absolutely right. I made my 1st pass down a drag strip in 1970. I have had many cars that I raced since then. The friends that I have made along the way are priceless. Some I have known for over 40 years and, yes, some have passed on. I have won some money and several trophies, but the friends are worth MUCH MORE. I met one of my friends 48 years ago and I went to his 90th birthday party last September and we greeted each other like old friends should - a big hug and big smiles.
Old 03-02-2024, 03:56 PM   #15
Jack McCarthy
VIP Member

Liked 352 Times in 92 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Paul Wong

you never know when you will meet a guy at the track that truly becomes a best friend mentor .... in my case mostly because my kid made a calendar in 2002. paul strolled up to my wagon under the bridge at indy pulled door open and stuck his hand in 'hi im paul wong" caught me off guard i was expecting a chinese guy weve been good buddies ever since.... and speaking of buddies his little guy bradley is super cool.

darcy i left a car out there 3 years ago hes still keeping it cozy !!!!

bob shaw & paul wong never talk to them without smiling !!

capt

and i got to tell (rip) richard mullineax at indy when the trucks were in usa as he showed me his et card saying i think im #1 i was able to reply with a huge smile on my face "hell youre not event the fastest truck here, there is some chinese guy from vegas here got you covered by .50"