HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 11-21-2017, 09:40 AM   #1
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default You can't bracket race a Super Stocker

This weekend, at Loose Rocker Promotions' American Doorslammer Nationals presented by McCarty Auto Parts, engine builder Tim Sloan drove his SS/CS to the semifinals in Sunday's FAT $5K Finale.

Sloan was -.001 red first round, sending him to the buyback window, but came back with a .009, .007, .001 dead 0, .004 dead 1, .013, .004 dead 3, and .013 under by .001 in the semis. Recommendation: order more engine work from Sloan Racing Engines to keep the ol' man in the shop and off the race track!

Brian Oakes joined us this weekend as well, with this clean Olds. (It's for sale!) He made it to Rnd 4 in Friday's FAT $5K Warmup, and then turned the reigns over to hired gun Brandon White on Saturday, who recently won the Rockingham LODRS in Brian's Camaro.

Will Walton was running his G/CM Camaro this weekend, with a Sloan Racing Engines built crate motor.

More money on the line again this weekend! Two $5K's plus the $20,000 to win main event, all Footbrake! (No transbrakes. No 2-steps except Stick cars. Air/Electric shifters OK.) Come join us! Info for the Fall Footbrake Frenzy is on www.facebook.com/LooseRocker and www.looserocker.com I'll bring the cookies!
Old 11-21-2017, 10:00 AM   #2
Steve Polhill

Liked 262 Times in 74 Posts
Default Re: You can't bracket race a Super Stocker

I thought that's what we did?
Old 11-21-2017, 10:18 AM   #3
Michael Beard
VIP Member

And while not in a Super Stocker this weekend, it's worth noting that Timothy Fletcher absolutely CRUSHED it this weekend with the family's S/ST Nova. He had a .002 package TWICE, *and* a .003 package!

Old 11-21-2017, 12:39 PM   #4
DRAKE VISCOME

Liked 89 Times in 33 Posts

Hey Michael...here's other "side" of coin so to speak on your posture...first & foremost...I know...you are a fine racer & good people...!!!...bearing that in mind...Tim Sloan legendary racer/engine builder...AND super guy/family...LOST in round 1...in a stock-super/stock race...you lose in round 1...you go home..the maybe "beauty" of bracket..the "BUY-BACK"...(?) his packages going forward in a word...AWESOME..on to Brian Oakes...yet again another fine racer & "cat"...didn't bring his killer Super/Stock car...BUT his turtle...imagine that...the young Fletcher...yikes acorn doesn't fall far from the tree...!!!... a very special young man...fantastic driver...what...a racing family !!!...BUT do you think motor/powertrain combo in the SS/T car was a "precise" style stock-super/stock piece ???...everyone should attend/race how & where they deem to do so...we're down to 6 or so NHRA class racing events of 24...yada-yada...it's our "choice" not to bracket race even with our slow "turtles"...with a approximate 20k...real 330hp (210 hp rated) engine package...it's either recognized stock-super/stock stuff...or move on to next category as we "see" it...when "forced" to do so...would love to go Comp racing...understand "investment" required...BUT...future does not look bright for this category at all based on event car counts...back to initial statement (s)...wishing you success in all ways possible...always...just have a different view...it's ALL good...kinda' like...mustard/sauerkraut on my hot dog...you...maybe a chili/onions "dude" !!! -Drake

Last edited by DRAKE VISCOME; 11-21-2017 at 12:41 PM.
DRAKE VISCOME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:35 PM   #5
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Okay. Just trying to give Tim some well-deserved props for a phenomenal driving job, and for providing some great entertainment for people this weekend.

S/ST is Super Street. I specifically said that Fletcher wasn't driving a Super Stocker. I just thought a few Class Racers might appreciate his outstanding driving, since everyone knows him and/or the family.

Sheesh.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:55 PM   #6
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts

Really impressive packages by Mr Sloan. I had hoped to go "slumming" with you this weekend at the footbrake race Michael but my wife had other ideas, guess I will settle for Williamsburg with my family. Maybe next year.....
Old 11-21-2017, 01:58 PM   #7
DRAKE VISCOME

Liked 89 Times in 33 Posts

I apologize to you Michael...know your heart truly in "right" place...as U well know having lived here in Carolinas' for some time...latest events...( IHRA going away on sportsman class front) so logistically EASY...ever limiting from NHRA side-actual class events (mentioned prior)...doesn't leave much of a warm/fuzzy feeling...for a bit of a "chump" like me...having invested silly money...in what was initially...thought to be secure/stable lower class stock-super/stock stuff...guess like ALL else in this life...from Elvis to British Invasion...to current...music-wise...gotta' adjust...move forward...next venue/format in drag racing...!!!...lol...sorry Michael...in no way meant to diminish your positive thoughts...stay well... Drake
DRAKE VISCOME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 02:18 PM   #8
Jon Sarrett

Liked 136 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Beard View Post
Okay. Just trying to give Tim some well-deserved props for a phenomenal driving job, and for providing some great entertainment for people this weekend.

S/ST is Super Street. I specifically said that Fletcher wasn't driving a Super Stocker. I just thought a few Class Racers might appreciate his outstanding driving, since everyone knows him and/or the family.

Sheesh.
I for one appreciated the update and the time it takes to lay out a post like this. It's nice to see what's happening outside of an area closed down for the winter. Thanks Mike!
Old 11-21-2017, 02:46 PM   #9
Mark Lewis

Liked 183 Times in 37 Posts

Looks like he might have been JACKED UP ON Mountain DEW to get those lights, LOL
Mark Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 02:56 PM   #10
Mickey Whaley
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I wouldn't want to race those guys with a BOX car much less my stocker
Mickey Whaley is offline   Reply With Quote