HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Old 11-19-2017, 02:25 PM   #31
Bruce Fulper

Liked 54 Times in 33 Posts
Default Re: Bellhousing

I'm a dealer for McLeod and can usually beat anyone's prices. Get your part number and pm it to me. Same for Edelbrock, Comp, JE.
Bruce Fulper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 06:58 PM   #32
Dave Toce

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

For those that are looking for real numbers. The old bellhousing is the standard Lakewood SBC PN 15000 (30.6 lbs). The Mcleod is the new aluminum style with the titanium insert (14.8 lbs). This is only the bellhousing and does not include the motor plate. The weight savings is 15.8 lbs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	old small.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	43727   Click image for larger version

Name:	new small.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	43728   Click image for larger version

Name:	box small.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	43729  

Dave Toce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:20 PM   #33
Dave Toce

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Warning: I just tried to install this bellhousing and it will not fit. I am using a 10" Advanced Clutches single disc clutch and the counter weights hit the inside of the bellhousing badly. What tipped me off was that the bellhousing wouldn't sit flush to the engine block. When I looked into why the problem because clear. This is a nice product but if this won't fit under my clutch assembly it will not fit under a lot of other clutches. I feel Mcleod should give a better product description to bring this to the attention of possible buyers.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:58 PM   #34
Nmbr1GMfan
VIP Member

Liked 1,957 Times in 492 Posts

Looking back at your pictures I can see why, the new one really looks like it cones down shallow right where the counter weight sticks past the clutch cover.
Old 12-09-2017, 11:59 AM   #35
Sean Marconette

Liked 165 Times in 60 Posts

Dave,

This is just a thought, have you contacted Rob yet about this issue? He may have a solution for your current clutch.

Good luck
Sean
Sean Marconette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 01:33 PM   #36
Dave Toce

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Marconette View Post
Dave,

This is just a thought, have you contacted Rob yet about this issue? He may have a solution for your current clutch.

Good luck
Sean
I haven't yet I am going to.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:19 PM   #37
Shadylane

Liked 119 Times in 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Toce View Post
Warning: I just tried to install this bellhousing and it will not fit. I am using a 10" Advanced Clutches single disc clutch and the counter weights hit the inside of the bellhousing badly. What tipped me off was that the bellhousing wouldn't sit flush to the engine block. When I looked into why the problem because clear. This is a nice product but if this won't fit under my clutch assembly it will not fit under a lot of other clutches. I feel Mcleod should give a better product description to bring this to the attention of possible buyers.
I ran into the same problem with a Quicktime and one of Rob's clutches. I ended up installing a 1/4" spacer plate between the bell and the plate (QuickTime RM-6013). Then I had to readjust the fork and throwout bearing clearances. After all the juggling it worked.
Shadylane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:12 PM   #38
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,212 Times in 249 Posts

Quote:
The quick time I use has a thicker block saver, so maybe that is worth a try. It is aluminum. I can fit that clutch and a dual 7. I have put a billet clutch in with the spacer. You need to make sure to realign everything and check your crossmember mount and even driveshaft length if you were close.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:26 AM   #39
Dave Toce

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by james schaechter View Post
The quick time I use has a thicker block saver, so maybe that is worth a try. It is aluminum. I can fit that clutch and a dual 7. I have put a billet clutch in with the spacer. You need to make sure to realign everything and check your crossmember mount and even driveshaft length if you were close.
This item is all set I'm on to other things now, I work quickly. I ended up using a Quciktime 1/4" thick steel midplate and adjusted the ball stud height to make up for the 1/4" extra depth.

Last edited by Dave Toce; 01-08-2018 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:05 AM   #40
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,212 Times in 249 Posts

Quote:
This item is all set I'm on to other things now, I work quickly. I ended up using a Quciktime 1/4" thick steel midplate and adjusted the ball stud height to make up for the 1/4" extra depth.
Did all of the bolt holes line up Orr did you need to re drill some on the lower half?