HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Old 11-24-2017, 03:05 PM   #11
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts
Default Re: stocker gas line

I can see the pressure increase, but not the very large fuel line id.
Back when I was running my old '56 Chevy, and NHRA killed Stock, and we had to move to Super Stock, keeping my fuel bowls full became an issue. Ran two Carter WCFBs, four .110" needles & seats. Those carbide could certainly use more bowl volume. .No wide band O2 sensors & data loggers back then. Most everybody fast knew how to read plugs. Suddenly could not cure lean high gear issues in SS mode. The best pumps I knew of at the time were Carter.
I tried two in series, which made for about 20 psi. That high fuel pressure was faster, but of course both carbs flooded at idle, and on the return road. I had to add a second toggle switch, tripped by the shifter for the second pump. Worth about 2 MPH. Don't remember the ET gain.

Already had one for the second set of points, to retard the timing in second & high gear. Changed to a double pole toggle, to retard the timing & turn on the second pump at the 1>2 shift with one switch. Go through the lights, lift the throttle, and flip that switch back. I was young. Probably forget to flip that switch now. LOL

Last edited by Ed Wright; 11-24-2017 at 03:09 PM.
Ed Wright is offline   Reply With Quote