HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock

Old 12-29-2022, 09:27 PM   #5451
71Dartman440

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

From Mopart's forum. May have been posted before - but just in case...

71Dartman440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 12:32 AM   #5452
rhinodaert

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMS426 View Post
Hello, Does anyone know where the Larry Cooper Dart is now ? Thank You, Bob
Yes, it is at Mopar City in Oregon, Illinois and still owned by my old boss Bill Sefton. The restoration is about 75% complete but hasn't been touched since 2014 I believe...
rhinodaert is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 11-06-2023, 12:13 PM   #5453
Dave Siltman

Liked 65 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liteweight View Post
check out the rear wheel well opening. I thought you couldn't modify for tire clearance other than "factory available" in Super Stock.
class designation SS/E ?????

liteweight
That’s gotta be a different sanctioning body. Looks like “AHRA” on the ‘Cuda sail panel. The Olds in the other lane has a hood that definitely would not have been allowed in NHRA.
Dave Siltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 09:11 PM   #5454
Dave Siltman

Liked 65 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liteweight View Post
John is referring to the photo in the pits of New York National Speedway in mid 70s. I made contact with the guy that took that photo and am waiting on the response. BTW that photo was posted on facebook on a Camaro page. Something I havent tried before. Thanx John

Liteweight
I’ve been studying the picture of the “Dandy Daryl’s” Dart and the blue Camaro in the pits, and I think:

1) what some think is a dent on the lower 1/4 in front of the rear bumper, I think is an American flag sticker. Here’s why…look at the center cap on the front wheel; see the blue on the Cragar cap? Now focus on the top left of the “dent”…see the blue? I’m not sure there is a dent there.

2) I can not say for sure that the passenger side window is tinted yellow, nor can I say that it is completely covered with something. To these old eyes, I see yellow writing like maybe that day’s race numbers written in yellow, or possibly a van(?) parked next to the Dart with something written on it that we’re seeing through the window. A couple things I can’t figure out that lead me to think the yellow might be on a vehicle next to the Dart are the white rectangular object at the roof near the windshield of the Dart, and the two white things protruding up in the air to the right of the white rectangle shape. Could that be a contractor’s or plumber’s work vehicle with equipment racks and the company logo in yellow?

Last edited by Dave Siltman; 11-10-2023 at 09:22 PM.
Dave Siltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 09:46 AM   #5455
PeteMatus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Original hemi dart information - Overheating

All,

Make sure the lower radiator hose has the original "spring" it in to prevent the hose from collapsing as that RPM's climb. Once that was installed, I never had an overheating issue with the stock radiator, even without a fan shroud.
PeteMatus is offline   Reply With Quote