Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 03-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #41
Toby Lang
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Thief in the pits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPotts View Post
I'm not trying to pick on what Toby's saying, but I know that motorhome in the video and the owner very well. I can guarantee it was locked.

You would know better than I would, but it seems like a lot of trouble to break into a locked RV when he can just walk into an RV that's unlocked. The comp plus article said he had seven wallets on him when he was turned over to the authorities. I doubt he picked the lock on all of them.

-Toby
Toby Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #42
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 458 Times in 173 Posts

I didn't see where this has been reported. This thief is the same one that stole stuff at the Daytona 500. The Daytona police have pictures of him using stolen credit card but were not able to I'd him, until now. Apparently, this is how he made a living and has been doing it for a long time.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #43
Denny Steward

Liked 112 Times in 20 Posts

I have a very good friend that is a Daytona Beach police officer and because of the actions of Chris and Matt at Gainesville, the Daytona Beach police dept. were able to close 14 cases against this guy. This guy got what was coming to him.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #44
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny Steward View Post
I have a very good friend that is a Daytona Beach police officer and because of the actions of Chris and Matt at Gainesville, the Daytona Beach police dept. were able to close 14 cases against this guy. This guy got what was coming to him.
Too bad the impact with the tree stump didn't kill him
Old 03-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #45
Mickey Whaley
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thumbs up Re: Thief in the pits.

jimmy spell, larry hill me and my dad get walked in on the same way wonder what would happen? and maybe roodnut heard it?
Mickey Whaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #46
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 67 Times in 29 Posts

I really think that something has to be done for these poor soul who actually hurt themselves, leaving motorhomes that they do not own and in possesion of wallets that belongs to someone else. They should be introduce to the Gator population(if they make it out, no charges should be brought against them). Let's not get paranoid but vigilence should be practiced. Lock your trailers and motorhomes and help these poor soul who can't stop from stealing your goods. I can remember talking to my favorite Sheriff at the U.S Nationals and asked him how has it change at the track for his 30yrs at the track and he said to me: during the 60's and 70's we never had anyone stealing anything here at the track, lot's of drunks but never someone would steal anything, probably he said because by the time would get to him he would be dead.CR
cicero819 is offline   Reply With Quote