HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > Can-Am Stock Super Stock Series

Old 10-29-2010, 10:41 PM   #1
dragracer502

Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Smile support those who support us

Wanted to pass along some info about a local business who "gets it" Bob at Rob's transmission in Welland is a racer himself and has over and over gone out of his way to help get parts and pieces done so I can get to the track. He helps out several of the racers in our series. I feel very strongly that we should make a point of supporting the people who show us support. Lets hear about those people that support your racing and you believe we should show support to.
dragracer502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 07:19 PM   #2
CrateCamaro

Liked 19 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: support those who support us

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracer502 View Post
Wanted to pass along some info about a local business who "gets it" Bob at Rob's transmission in Welland is a racer himself and has over and over gone out of his way to help get parts and pieces done so I can get to the track. He helps out several of the racers in our series. I feel very strongly that we should make a point of supporting the people who show us support. Lets hear about those people that support your racing and you believe we should show support to.
He builds all my stuff too and he is probably the best around. He knows his stuff....from daily drivers to race cars. And he doesnt give you a line of BS...if its broke this is what its gonna take to fix it. I have never had any trouble with any of his transmissions and I kick the crap out of everything I own.
CrateCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:44 PM   #3
dragracer502

Thumbs up Re: support those who support us

Next good bunch of guys that do a lot more than you might think for Stk / SS racing close to home. Rob, Carl and Terry at ERD. We all know Robs story, and without Carl and Terry showing love to let him get to work on my stuff, I would not be at the race track running. Every single person at ERD has the skills to go up against anybody in their field. Just bring coffee when you go, and no one will get hurt! Seriously though Carl and the boys do great work and have offered support to the series for years. I hope more of us will consider supporting their work with our business.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:13 AM   #4
CrateCamaro

Im gonna go ahead and do the next one. I like to thank Tim Hortons for their great coffee in the early mornings on the way to the track. Not only does Tim Hortons help with early morning alertness and focus but its the unknown cure for tired and glued shut eyes. I know of some people who swear that Tim Hortons is actually a subsitute for XLAX....that hasent been proven yet. So raise your brown coffee cups and Salute our friend Tim Horton for making the best damn coffee around!
Old 11-01-2010, 10:54 AM   #5
dragracer502

Cool Re: support those who support us

thank you young shaver for that heart felt testemonial to the virtues of Tims. On a more serious note, I have one more to share. Jamie Wildgoose at RCS (race car services). Here is a fellow racer who understands Stk / SS first hand. From custom fab to off the shelf supplies, RCS can do it for you and quick and econimically (see: cheap). If you wanted to see his work first hand feel free to have a look at the 1812 G/cm camaro or his own SS Montecarlo. Both cars are lots faster than they should be and full of very nice built pieces (and my camaro will be even faster once I figure out how to drive it right).
Old 11-01-2010, 11:18 AM   #6
CrateCamaro

And on that note I would like to thank all canadian LCBO's. I dont agree with drinking and driving...or racing, but when the tower is shut down for the night, the LCBO and all their delicious beverages have been entertaining us since I can remember, which is possibly 2001.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:16 AM   #7
dragracer502

Wink Re: support those who support us

Tony....I cant believe you havent posted mentioning Am yet.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:29 AM   #8
CrateCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracer502 View Post
Tony....I cant believe you havent posted mentioning Am yet.
Who?
Old 11-05-2010, 01:09 PM   #9
dragracer502

you know....i have heard there is a fine line between brave and dumb.................and you sir could be walking all over it right now
Old 11-12-2010, 06:42 PM   #10
Ian Hill

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts

a great great friend once said, "only break one law at time - if you drink, don't speed", and " if you are working ilegally in another country - don't break any other laws!"

he who dies with the most toys wins, now that Ron is no longer with us, i am catching up!

oh ya, to those that help us out... Thanks to Raymond, my crew and cheering section this year. its always nice to have someone else to sit on the other end of the EZ-up as the wind is trying to take it over top of the trailer beside you. Thanks to KC-Auto-Bob for always finding me the part to get us to track (well ok, you too Art). Fiorravati Custom Engines and ATI products - 1.05 under, nuff said! Dan V for selling off his camaro stocker, iam as excited about next season as i could be, F/CM here we come! Smith Perf and Mike-the-track-prep dude, nice work this year!

Ian
Ian Hill is offline   Reply With Quote