HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-15-2019, 03:14 PM   #21
Jim Kaekel
VIP Member

Liked 498 Times in 104 Posts
Default Re: Is it the economy?

I'm sure the economy is a factor but it's obvious that Stock and Super Stock are alive and well in 2019. There were 130 Stockers at the Indy LODRS and 95 Stockers at the Joliet LODRS in just the last two weekends. Super Stock had health fields as well. From what I've seen, only the Bader's know how to put "butts in the seats" at a Sportsman-only race. Promote...promote...promote.
Old 07-15-2019, 09:58 PM   #22
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Default Re: Is it the economy?

Bill I still love you , now take the knife out of my back. It was the decision of track managers (mu opinion). Raceway Pk ran combo eliminators for s/ss and modified back in the day. That and the fact that there weren't as many races or that guys didn't travel as much back then. They had, jeez I hate to use the phrase "real jobs" prohibiting them from traveling like todays band of gypsies. (I'm not saying that in a bad way).Changing times.
NHRA is far from blameless. I guess TV put pressure on them to highlight the pros at the expense of the lowly sportsman racers. And Dan, NHRA did run pure stock, you see how that turned out. And finally Bill, I'm sorry if I offended you sticking my snoot into something I no longer fit into.-
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote