HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racing Events > Events
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #1
JacksonDragway

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Arrow Super Stock/Stock Combo meets at The New Jackson [Tn] Dragway

Attention in the pits, attention in the pits. Listen up race fans this announcement is for you.

OK gang check this out, how many years has it been since we've all seen these high winding Class Eliminations in the Mid South?

After a prolonged conversation with Matt Hoover, Doc Hoover's son, last night at his gym in Jackson, I'm as fired up as ever. The spark happened when Bryan Robinson had his E/S 302cu in, 290hp at the track Saturday night. It was like it was 1979 all over again!

Can I get an Amen from the Congregation!!!

Matt made a great point. Index racers have places that they can race, bracket racers have places they can race, outlaws the same thing; but if you have a Class car, there isn't a track anywhere in the Mid South that runs Combo meets on a regular basis. The nearest track that runs Combo meets is Bowling Green. While it’s an awesome facility, it’s still almost 4 hours away.

I absolutely believe that should we host a Combo meet there could be over 40 cars there. Nashville, Memphis, Arkansas, Mississippi, Kentucky and Missouri could pack the place with cars and fans.

It was always my favorite thing about Music City when I started Announcing in the early 90’s. On a Combo meet night, they’d have 40 cars there, and a whole bunch would be stick cars!!!

Racers and fans, David Glidewell has said he wants what the racers want, and more than 1 Class racer has said they’d like Combo meets in the Mid South. Now here’s your chance.

From the Announce Deck,

Glynn
JacksonDragway is offline   Reply With Quote