Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-16-2017, 12:48 PM   #21
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 672 Times in 121 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Wink Re: Input on Stk/SS ladders in Class Eliminations

Leave it alone!! If the situation warrants only one run be made then that is the run used for the ladder. If you want to change classes, it must be done before any qualifying runs are made. No need to complicate things! Our Association can do ladders that include NHRA, IHRA and NMCA combos either by computer or by hand with simple algorithms. We have even used the ping pong ball style pairing just for fun many times. Point being, anyone with average math competence and a lap top can do a ladder quickly. Why is it so hard all of a sudden? Jim

Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
SSSSA Forum Moderator
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 01:21 PM   #22
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,447 Times in 1,693 Posts
Default Re: Input on Stk/SS ladders in Class Eliminations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Wahl View Post
Leave it alone!! If the situation warrants only one run be made then that is the run used for the ladder. If you want to change classes, it must be done before any qualifying runs are made. No need to complicate things! Our Association can do ladders that include NHRA, IHRA and NMCA combos either by computer or by hand with simple algorithms. We have even used the ping pong ball style pairing just for fun many times. Point being, anyone with average math competence and a lap top can do a ladder quickly. Why is it so hard all of a sudden? Jim

I surely don't know, Jim.
If they get a little behind with weather, the first thing they do is cancel Class anyway.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:05 PM   #23
dartman

Liked 68 Times in 41 Posts

We're all adults here.....well, most of us. I think we can pair ourselves per the q sheet hanging on the trailer door/window. Keep it the same and police the pairings ourselves. It's really not that hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS3718 View Post
I agree with Sean. One would think the racers can handle things accordingly! It would also be nice if we could run class in the correct order at the US Nationals (ie...GT/MA, GT/LA, GT/KA, etc). However, for some reason, we're not able to do that ourselves! It baffles me every year!

99% of racers could.Then their is the guy who would drive up the staging lanes and not be pair with his opponent.Take win light while buddy is looking for him still in the lanes.
dartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:59 PM   #24
Carl Battis

Liked 179 Times in 35 Posts
Cool Re: Input on Stk/SS ladders in Class Eliminations

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartman View Post

99% of racers could.Then their is the guy who would drive up the staging lanes and not be pair with his opponent.Take win light while buddy is looking for him still in the lanes.
This actually happened to me one year at Vegas. There were 9 cars in B/SA that year. While everybody was walking back to their car after we sorted out the B/SA pairings sheet my opponent drove to the head of the lanes and took the single that belonged to Jimmy DeFrank who was qualified #1 in our group. Everybody else paired up correctly and I was left holding the bag wondering what I should do. In the end I waited for Jimmy (who wasn't ready since he was supposed to have a single and was blocked by other cars) Having won Class at Vegas previously I didn't really want to race him in the first round and hadn't set my car on "Kill!"

The lane marshaller finally told me if I didn't move up I would be DQ'd along with my missing opponent. I drug my feet long enough for him to make it forward and go under the arch. My reward for being a nice guy - I got showered by a fusillade of dry ice at the big end from under his hood as I watched him take the stripe from a car length behind. That is one fast Camaro btw.....

As for my erstwhile opponent who took Jimmy's single....I don't think he's racing any longer and I don't miss him a bit.
Carl Battis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:20 AM   #25
Bryan Worner

Liked 410 Times in 66 Posts

I don't understand what takes so long to get a qualifying sheet out and class pairings figured out. They (NHRA) have our tech cards! Get them entered in a timely manner and the first qualifying sheet should follow shortly after the last car comes off the scales and/or completes fuel check! Is NHRA trying to get rid of another position? Is that why they are asking about policing class eliminations pairings? Next we will be doing tech inspections on opponents cars.

Keep the class eliminations qualifying and ladders the same, just have those responsible for the ladders do their job in a timely manner.

Someone mentioned running class eliminations in class order? Really? They don't give two ****s about class eliminations. Why would they try to organize anything like that when it comes to class??
Bryan Worner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 10:10 AM   #26
BRINK

Liked 140 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Worner View Post
I don't understand what takes so long to get a qualifying sheet out and class pairings figured out. They (NHRA) have our tech cards! Get them entered in a timely manner and the first qualifying sheet should follow shortly after the last car comes off the scales and/or completes fuel check! Is NHRA trying to get rid of another position? Is that why they are asking about policing class eliminations pairings? Next we will be doing tech inspections on opponents cars.

Keep the class eliminations qualifying and ladders the same, just have those responsible for the ladders do their job in a timely manner.

Someone mentioned running class eliminations in class order? Really? They don't give two ****s about class eliminations. Why would they try to organize anything like that when it comes to class??
Amen, brother. Dead on as usual.
BRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 11:10 AM   #27
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,422 Times in 1,951 Posts

I thought the dry ice had to be removed before crossing the ready line, or at least before pulling into the water.
Larry Hill is online now   Reply With Quote