HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > .90 Heads Up Class Associations > TNT Hot Rod Super Series

Old 12-31-2016, 01:20 AM   #1
Ted Barnes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 2016 TNT Super Series CHAMPION - Jim Thomson !!!

For only the third time since the series began in 2006, a Canadian has won the Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series championship. Jim Thomson from Niagara Falls, Ontario put down an impressive performance in 2016 on his way to 765 points and his first TNTSS title.

Highlights from Thomson's championship run include a runner-up on opening weekend at Cayuga, a quarter-final at Empire and a semi-final at the TNTSS $5K in August. That put him in the points lead going into championship weekend.

That's where he qualified number one and went on to win on the Friday night at Lancaster to clinch the championship - with one more race remaining.

The southern Ontario racer proved that you don't need a big tire, high horsepower car to win in one of the most competitive series in sportsman drag racing.

His 1972 Nova with a 9" rear tire and leaf spring suspension puts down numbers better than most. Out of the ten race TNTSS season, Thomson qualified top 3 or better SIX times, including two number ones.

What is so impressive is his ability to dominate on both the quarter mile and the eighth mile. Thomson - who was the 2014 TNTSS Driver of the Year - finished an impressive 146 points ahead of second place and didn't fall below third in the points all season.

This is Thomson’s fourth time in the top ten & first championship. He took home a prize package worth over $4500 in cash and prizes.

"I would like to thank my wife (Raeann) and sons (Jimmy and Curt) for supporting me," said Thomson at the annual TNTSS Awards Night on November 12. "I need to thank Joe Boniferro (Joe's Transmission) and my brother Rob (Four Seasons Roofing) for the support they give me every year. Also Kevin Goodacre for keeping an eye out in the burnout."

Thomson was quick to thank everyone involved in the TNTSS. "I can't thank them enough. From all the sponsors for the champion's prize package to the weekly event presenters. Joe and Ted put on a great series like everyone knows. And Nicole Jablonski and Charlene Lepp help out on race days - Want to thank them as well."

"I was really happy with the way this year started out for me as I was shaking the rust off. Half way through last year, I had problems with a crack in a cylinder head. Over the winter I had the head welded up and the car got back to normal. Then half way through this year the head started leaking again. From then on it was ceramic seal every few races!"

Thomson went on, "The racers in this series are the best around, not only for driving but just hanging out with. I hope my sponsors (Joes Transmission and Four Seasons Roofing ) realize how much I appreciate their support."

To learn more about the Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series and how you can become a part of it, visit www.tntsuperseries.com or www.facebook.com/TNTSuperSeries and sign up for the mailing list.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Thomson - ED - 20160819.jpg
Views:	693
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	37872