HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 11-17-2011, 09:23 PM   #391
NewHemi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Challenger Drag Pak Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Beard View Post
David, you've made a massive investment. Why would you park it?

(I run a 5.9L DragPak in Super Stock GT, so I'm obviously not "piling on" or "hating on Mopars")
Exactly Michael... Why would I? Other than the economy and other conditions.... but it is that with a lot of racers.

And I certainly realize that you are not piling on..

As for me, I wish all of the best to all of the racers. Old cars or new. But time/history does repeat itself, and we are simply in another one of those cycles. But many still resist change of any kind. So be it.. But to quote a Star Trek enemy's warning, resistance is futile...

David
The New Hemi Guy
NewHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:29 PM   #392
James L Miller

Liked 24 Times in 15 Posts

It sounds like the DP Challengers might be getting close to their "correct" HP factors when they start complaining about their factors. I suppose Barton helped out in that area. So, I guess that just leaves the CJs to bee itch about.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:07 AM   #393
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

Almost all the new cars are in AAA,BBB,CCC, or AA. Or like the 6.1 and 6.4 are one hp away from getting in A heavy. The fords are way up there, The bowties, if and when, will run up there too, so now go back to where you were two years ago and continue. The Fords got alm heads, so do the chevys, not fair, Mopar needs new heads, people have hit combos too hard in the past, Bob Dennis has combos that don't exist, they were paper cars, or cardboard cars, copo cars (footnote to history, any dealer that ordered one of these special cars got a call from the zone office,'do you really want this car?') yall know the drill.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:40 AM   #394
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHemi View Post
Exactly Michael... Why would I? Other than the economy and other conditions.... but it is that with a lot of racers.
resistance is futile...
I think that's the off-season talking. That's not the Wertman *I* know. There's always going to be somebody faster. If everybody parked it that had someone faster than them, there'd be 12 cars racing. Class and records are great, but so is the eliminator. Drive smart, win races.

You have to admit, many CJ and DP owners told the "old car" guys to suck it up and quit whining, so it's not fair to bring up fairness now. Shrug it off, say "Well that sucks!", and go racing. (CRAZY thought, I know, but try some IHRA events...) Kick back, enjoy the off-season, and come back swinging next year. You'd miss it if you didn't!
Old 11-18-2011, 10:55 AM   #395
cutta

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickseeman View Post
Yes, that was it. I have no plans for it. You need to buy it from me so I can race the Challenger.
Well Rick, if and when I finally finish school, I may consult with you about buying the car if its not gone by then. But ultimately, I have my eyes on Super Stock and Comp. I'm gonna start out in GT and work my way to SS/AM then A/SM. Went to the salvage yard the other day and didn't realize they had so many early avengers wrecked and in good condition so that maybe my starting point. The duster we have will need a major overhaul to get anywhere near being a certified Super Stocker. Lots of things need to be bought to put back on the car. floor, dash, inner fenders, mild steel cage needs to come out and lots more. I'll get there one day but school is number one right now. Good news is that I'm only a year away from two degrees( math and mechanical engineering).
cutta is offline   Reply With Quote