HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge

Old 05-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #11
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,635 Times in 517 Posts
Default Re: I Told You So!

yes two people know the facts, and one cant tell. what was travon's reason for being in this situation? ie. what was he doing to be confronted in the first place?
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #12
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Roehrich View Post
That turned out not to be true according to every actual report I've seen or seen quoted, nor is it reported by any actual eyewitness. No witness I'm aware of has said that Zimmerman confronted Martin.

By the way, the transcripts and the recordings that have been published and played have all had one important thing edited out. When the dispatcher told Zimmerman not to continue to follow Martin, Zimmerman answered. The answer was "Okay".

Of course, contrary to how the justice system is supposed to work in this country, Zimmerman is presumed guilty, and must prove his innocence. Funny how that works. Especially with the media, and how they supposedly publish "facts".

I'd trust Dan Rather to tell the truth and get the facts straight before I'd trust "The Huffington Post". At least at one time, Dan Rather was supposedly a legitimate "journalist" or "reporter".
Short of waterboarding Mr. Zimmerman, I don't believe the truth will ever heard.
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #13
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,016 Times in 264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies66 View Post
Short of waterboarding Mr. Zimmerman, I don't believe the truth will ever heard.
Yeah, the Huffington Post will tell the truth, but the police, Zimmerman, the doctor who treated him, and the medical examiner, are all liars.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:25 PM   #14
Eddies66
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Roehrich View Post
Yeah, the Huffington Post will tell the truth, but the police, Zimmerman, the doctor who treated him, and the medical examiner, are all liars.
Well than we will just have to let the wheels of justice spin
Old 05-16-2012, 07:09 PM   #15
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 685 Times in 131 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Thumbs up Re: I Told You So!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies66 View Post
Well than we will just have to let the wheels of justice spin
That's what I have said from the beginning. Conjecture and hearsay is dangerous, facts are absolute. Stick with the facts Eddie, it will keep you from looking like Al or Jesse regularly do. Jim

Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
SSSSA Forum Moderator
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:50 PM   #16
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 456 Times in 172 Posts

Yep, it is starting to look like Al, Jesse and the rest did not look at the evidence and/or wait for justice to prevail. Maybe this is a lesson learned for everyone that convicts someone before they have "their day in court".
Old 05-16-2012, 11:03 PM   #17
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Eddie,the Huffington Post??????????? Tsk,tsk,tsk..........................

31 more to go.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #18
tj310

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So what date is the aquittal scheduled for ? What will be the prime areas to avoid if we are traveling ? ---Trevor
tj310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:34 AM   #19
Eddies66
VIP Member

Here is a few questions that any logical person may ask. I for one do not believe it is a crime in this country to wear a “hoodie” especially if it is raining, it is not a crime to go to the store and buy Skittles and ice tea and it is not a crime to be out at night.
On the night of the shooting, door-to-door canvassing was not exhaustive enough, said a law enforcement official familiar with the investigation. If officers had been more thorough, they might have determined that Mr. Martin, 17, was a guest — as opposed to an intruder — at a gated community called the Retreat at Twin Lakes. That would have been an important part of the subjective analysis that night by officers sizing up Mr. Zimmerman’s story. Investigators found no witnesses who saw the fight start. Others saw parts of a struggle they could not clearly observe or hear. One witness, though, provided information to the police that corroborated Mr. Zimmerman’s account of the struggle, according to a law enforcement official.
The police took only one photo at the scene of any of Mr. Zimmerman’s injuries — a full-face picture of him that showed a bloodied nose — before paramedics tended to him. It was shot on a department cellphone camera and was not downloaded for a few days, an oversight by the officer who took it.
The vehicle that Mr. Zimmerman was driving when he first spotted Mr. Martin was mistakenly not secured by officers as part of the crime scene. The vehicle was an important link in the fatal encounter because it was where Mr. Zimmerman called the police to report a suspicious teenager in a hooded sweatshirt roaming through the Retreat. Mr. Zimmerman also said he was walking back to the vehicle when he was confronted by Mr. Martin, who was unarmed, before shooting him.
The police were not able to cover the crime scene to shield evidence from the rain, and any blood from cuts that Mr. Zimmerman suffered when he said Mr. Martin pounded his head into a sidewalk may have been washed away.
The police did not test Mr. Zimmerman for alcohol or drug use that night, and one witness said the lead investigator quickly jumped to a conclusion that it was Mr. Zimmerman, and not Mr. Martin, who cried for help during the struggle.
Some Sanford officers were skeptical from the beginning about certain details of Mr. Zimmerman’s account. For instance, he told the police that Mr. Martin had punched him over and over again, but they questioned whether his injuries were consistent with the number of blows he claimed he received. They also suspected that some of the threatening and dramatic language that Mr. Zimmerman said Mr. Martin uttered during the struggle — like “You are going to die tonight” — sounded contrived.
The Sanford police — who contended that their 16-day investigation, done in consultation with the original prosecutor in the case, was detailed and impartial — also encountered other obstacles. One involved the investigators’ inability to get the password for Mr. Martin’s cellphone from his family, who apparently did not know it. That was significant because Mr. Martin had been talking to a girl on the phone moments before he was killed, but the young woman did not contact the police after Mr. Martin’s death was made public.
Police Chief Bill Lee Jr., said in a recent interview. “We think that what he did was terrible. We wish that he had just stayed in his vehicle.” Twice Mr. Zimmerman was told to stay in his vehicle and wait for the police to come. There are 8 minutes from the time Mr. Zimmerman left his vehicle to the time Mr. Martin was shot. Was Mr. Zimmerman defending himself or was Mr. Martin actually defending himself from this over-zealous, agenda driven, armed want-a-be cop??
Old 05-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #20
Eddies66
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Fernandez View Post
Eddie,the Huffington Post??????????? Tsk,tsk,tsk..........................

31 more to go.
My subscription to the "The Weekly Standard" ran out.