Tim Sheehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:59 PM   #12
G E T Racin

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Times are a changin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Koski View Post
Not supposed to be able to.
The oil down penalties have been waived this year according to an edict some time ago.
I was told by div 1 and Ca that unpaid oil down penalties have not been waived. They have just stopped assessing the fines.

Has anyone been let into a national event without paying oil down fines????
Old 04-02-2009, 06:32 PM   #13
Mackie Family Racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gary,

I think they have waived all previous oil down penalties with the exception of those applied to 4000 pound Super Gas Corvette roadsters running in Super Street...
Mackie Family Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:21 PM   #14
Bryan Gillespie
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

5.5 million unemployed, it has to show up in hobbies also, The entry and the pay out don't add up, you almost have to runnerup to break even. But I will enter E- Town as soon as grade points will allow.
Bryan Gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:13 AM   #15
H.A.A.C. Racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G E T Racin View Post
I was told by div 1 and Ca that unpaid oil down penalties have not been waived. They have just stopped assessing the fines.

Has anyone been let into a national event without paying oil down fines????
Gary,

After I win E-town, I am going to do a "polish" victory lap w/ my drain plug removed in your honor!
H.A.A.C. Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:55 AM   #16
DIAPERMAN

Liked 21 Times in 6 Posts
Talking Re: Times are a changin.

We have never had a guy running one of our diapers get a oil down fine,but the tranny might be a different story
DIAPERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:06 AM   #17
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 984 Times in 299 Posts
Cool Re: Times are a changin.

The economy and job loss have to be a big part as to why races are not filling up this year. You know NHRA put a big thing out "Fan relief for the 2009 season" to slash tickets for fans so they can sell more tickets to get more fans into the races but, what about the racers? They cut the Atco National Open back 1 day to save Sunday for a rain date (In which it looks like they will use since it's pouring out) and it's still $ 135.00 to get in, the same as it would be if we went for a 3 day event. Here's something for everyone to chew on when I was out in Arizona for the D-7 race at Firebird we had lost early and since Tuscon was the next weekend we loaded everything up and headed to SIR. Now the track owner is good friends with my buddy John Taylor and he was telling us that he has to pay NHRA $ 20,000 to have a divisional race there for 350 cars. If he gets more then 350 cars he has to pay an additional 100 or 200 dollars to NHRA per car over 350. Talk about crazy since NHRA is already getting 165 to 175 per racer to enter the actual race.
I just know a lot of people that I have talked to are going to be doing a lot more bracket and association races this year. Now trust me, I would love to win a wally and put it on my fireplace and have my name in the dragster but, I'd almost give that up to race 1 day at a track for 2,500 or a MASGA race for 1,000 rather then being stuck at a track for 4 to 5 days and maybe win 1,500 and have to battle with companies for the next year to get my money because I run their products. Just my 2 cents....Kelli don't yell at me because I'm not party planning.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:01 AM   #18
SSTHottie1236

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hahaha, it's ok, I should be looking at houses but damnit I have work work to do today.
Besides, I've given Don about 50 houses to look into and I think that's enough for now, don't want to stress out the poor boy
I will set some time aside this afternoon though to call MTV and see if they would like to tape your party for their new show "My Tremendously Terrific 30" ala "My Super Sweet 16" :P
SSTHottie1236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:13 AM   #19
FOR REAL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

in my case **** nhra.

asta
FOR REAL is offline   Reply With Quote