HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge

Old 06-07-2014, 10:22 AM   #1
Wendy Carr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Phoenix va salaries a must read

If the scandal at the VA hasn’t boiled your blood yet or you are just tired of listening to the politicians who want to exploit the problems or hide them depending on their political persuasion, then you need to check out the incredible salaries we as tax payers are shelling out for the criminal neglect of our comrades. This is just for the Phoenix VA! Imagine what the whole system is costing and you will not be impressed with the increased budget that they brag about lately. It damned sure did go for better care!
Salaries of Phoenix VA employees

There are 6 pages of names and their salary. About 7000 employees in 1 VA hospital.
This is just one VA Center. How about the rest of them ? Can you believe this ???

Read it and weep, pass it on.
Just when you think it couldn't get any deeper here comes this information! The Feds at their best...no wonder they can't care for our vets......they are way to busy padding their own pockets !! Time to shuffle the deck and vote them out!

This is the list of salaries of those employed at the VA hospital in Phoenix!

Hold onto your socks and fasten your safety belt for this one.

http://www.openthebooks.com/search/?...e=&perpage=100

Home Page | Open the Books

From the federal to state to local government, the Books are Open… Search salary, pension and spending databases.

openthebooks.com
Wendy Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:27 AM   #2
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 676 Times in 260 Posts
Default Re: Phoenix va salaries a must read

I never knew it was that bad. I've been fighting with those *^#$ for almost 2 years for my Dad's VA benefits. His lifetime benefits would be less than anyone on page 4. He isn't going to live that long. This just makes me sick...
Old 06-08-2014, 10:28 AM   #3
nickh

Liked 219 Times in 96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adger Smith View Post
I never knew it was that bad. I've been fighting with those *^#$ for almost 2 years for my Dad's VA benefits. His lifetime benefits would be less than anyone on page 4. He isn't going to live that long. This just makes me sick...
Adger fighting for my father as well with the VA, he is a Korean War Vet and they have been turning him down for procedures that needs done. He has come to the conclusion that they sent him home to die. Got news for them I will fight until there is no fight left in me for them to do these procedures and the right thing for him.
nickh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:59 PM   #4
Run to Rund

Liked 44 Times in 22 Posts

Those guys don't have any time left for the vets-they are on the phone with investment counselors all the time, lol.
Run to Rund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:10 PM   #5
Wendy Carr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I see it everyday as I am a volunteer at a VA facility. Gentlemen, I plead with you to stay proactive and make your voices heard. It was announced today that the House passed a VA overhaul bill that states if you are over 40 miles from a VA facility that you make now seek health care outside the VA if wait times are to long at the VA.
Get in touch with the person that filed your claim if you haven't heard anything in 3 months. You should be hearing every 3 months from the VA until you have a ruling on eligibility of benefits. BE VIGILANT, THESE ARE YOUR FATHERS RIGHTS!!!!
Old 06-11-2014, 12:56 PM   #6
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 280 Times in 150 Posts

looking at these lists I wonder how many of these employees are part of the decision making and management process and how many might be Physicians/Surgeons just doing the care of patients submitted to them? Them not doing the scheduling etc. that seems to be causing the problems at the VA. does not mean that if they are making a big salary they should be lumped together with those that are making the big buck as well as being part of the scheduling debacle. You make a lot of money means you are part of the problem. Do you racers have any idea how much money a Physician/ Surgeon earns per year?? A coupla hundred thousand per year is not out of the ordinary and depending on your specialty it could be considerably more up into the MILLIONS of dollars per year for Cardio/Neuro/Renal and transplant Drs.
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:47 PM   #7
Wendy Carr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What you fail to understand they not only work at the VA but also teach practice and operate outside of their VA jobs. Gary's plastic surgeon taught ay Pitt, worked at the VA and had private patients. But he is a wonder man and a great surgeon and doctor. Now the urology department in Pittsburgh is what you gentlemen would call a cluster( you know the rest) they jacked Gary around for 15 months with not returning calls, not following through with what they said, not making the appointments for CT scans , radiology, and other departments.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:05 PM   #8
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 280 Times in 150 Posts

Wendy-- in my limited dealings with the VA for Audiology and Opthamology and Urologist I know from talking to my Docs that they are full time employees there---Unless they moonlight on their off hours elsewhere they work Mon-Fri for the VA at the Lovell Federal Health Care Center--Cannot say about other Docs in other specialties cuz I do not know when or where they work either for the VA or for themselves. FED387
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:42 AM   #9
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 676 Times in 260 Posts

As I read this It is what the VA pays those people that are listed. It has nothing to do with moonlighting at other jobs. I don't think the numbers can be down played by saying they are the total income of a surgeon that works for the VA and other hospitals or Nurses that work their off VA hours as contract PRN or Traveling Nurses at other places. Some of those listed could be contract to the VA, but that listed is what the were paid by the VA. What I find bad is you have to go at least 4 pages before you get numbers that are out of the 200,000 figures. That is a lot of people making a lot of money. It's pretty clear to me, esp after dealing with it, this VA system is broken and it has been for quite a while. I really don't see politics fixing it, either. I know how I would fix it, but My answer isn't PC. To clean it up I would say there would be a lot of the people working for the VA join the list of unemployed and a lot of former talented executives that are on the unemployed list back at work. Maybe the first to go would be those with "O" stickers on their cars.