HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-09-2007, 12:38 PM   #1
Ron Ortiz

Liked 255 Times in 87 Posts
Default Setting The Weather Straight.

Over the past 18 years of running in U/SA, I have been accustomed to watching the weather more closely. Being from Englewoof, FL, where the temps are usually around 80-90 in the spring and fall, and 90-100 in the summer, I tend to pay more attention to the temps in the winter. Mind you now, that winter here is from December to March normally.
Every year that we went to the Gators, which is 200 miles north from here, I would always take warm clothing because I know that at least one night there is going to be cold. Down in Englewood, we would get our last cold spell around the begining of March. The Gators used to be around that time. The Gators are now in the middle of March, and it was cold there one night, and cool for 2 days.
It is now the 9th of April, and we got a cold spell here the last 2 days. Last year the same thing happened around the middle of April.
Over the last 18 years I have seen the weather move its seasons foward by at least one month, and up to two months in the summer.
We need to readjust the seasons to avoid the bad weather we have seen for the races. The Gators should have been this weekend, Houston should have been run in two weeks from now. All divisionals should be adjusted accordingly. Even the holidays should be adjusted.

Solution; move the calender up two months, or add a month.
This can be easilly done as time is only an element within ones beliefs of time itself.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA Tiiiimmme, is on my side.