HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Class Racer Builds
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-14-2019, 06:46 PM   #1311
Nmbr1GMfan
VIP Member

Liked 1,957 Times in 492 Posts
Default Re: H-I-J '76 Nova re-fit.

Stocker Stuff! Autumn got the rods numbered, bearings put in and ready to check clearance. Measured the deck, got the crank out and back in the balancer. Autumn was busy today so I went at it alone and started squaring up the deck (made me video it so she could watch).

Old 07-14-2019, 07:17 PM   #1312
Tim H
VIP Member

Liked 430 Times in 142 Posts
Talking Re: H-I-J '76 Nova re-fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmbr1GMfan View Post
She doesn't have safety glasses on either. She also rode in the back of a pick-up last week. Can't tell these crazy kids anything these days!
Omg, next you will tell us she drank water from the garden hose ! !
Tim H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 08:07 PM   #1313
Nmbr1GMfan
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim H View Post
Omg, next you will tell us she drank water from the garden hose ! !
LMAO, that's funny.
Old 07-15-2019, 01:04 AM   #1314
FireSale
VIP Member

Liked 236 Times in 127 Posts

Quote:
She doesn't have safety glasses on either. She also rode in the back of a pick-up last week. Can't tell these crazy kids anything these days!
Actually not funny. These habits, or lack of, put me in the ER with a metal chip in my eye.
Old 07-15-2019, 09:52 AM   #1315
Nmbr1GMfan
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSale View Post
Actually not funny. These habits, or lack of, put me in the ER with a metal chip in my eye.
Seriously you guys need to f-ing lighten up! Someone without their hair up, safety glasses, knee pads and a helmet screwing deck plugs in a block and it's like we're doing donuts in a daycare with a dump truck. I think I need to put myself in time out for a while... this place is a nice reminder why I don't hang out with up tight geriatrics on the daily. I was warned about this early on in this thread by people here in the builds section, I think I need to put this thread up on blocks for a while!
Old 07-15-2019, 10:13 AM   #1316
1matcoman

Liked 280 Times in 111 Posts

Todd, don't do that.
I, for one (and obviously speak for alot of others due to this comments on this thread), have thoroughly enjoyed your build and would hate to not see it through completion. Don't let a few comments bother ya, sir. Just ignore them and move on.
1matcoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:20 AM   #1317
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,649 Times in 521 Posts

Quote:
Seriously you guys need to f-ing lighten up! Someone without their hair up, safety glasses, knee pads and a helmet screwing deck plugs in a block and it's like we're doing donuts in a daycare with a dump truck. I think I need to put myself in time out for a while... this place is a nice reminder why I don't hang out with up tight geriatrics on the daily. I was warned about this early on in this thread by people here in the builds section, I think I need to put this thread up on blocks for a while!
Love your build progress but whatever you do don’t run with scissors LOL
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:25 AM   #1318
HawkBrosMav

Liked 276 Times in 68 Posts

Quote:

I too would hate to see this build documentary not followed as closely as you have provided. Its an awesome build and everyone can enjoy the time your spending with your daughter..

BUT I 100 TOTALLY AGREE with your sentiments... people need to shut the hell up about every little thing the man is doing.. or in this case not doing.. if you don't want to groove lifter bores, or you just have to tie your hair up and wear goggles to tie your shoes THATS FINE.. but this man doesn't need to. It's his build, his engine, his car, his life, his daughter.. you can show genuine concern for something and in a pleasant manner address said concern.. but WAY too often in this thread people have downright told Todd he is doing something wrong or what he should be doing without even trying to understand his reasoning for the way he is already doing it.. build your own damn car if you want it done a certain way. Constructive suggestions I'm sure Todd is grateful for and welcomes as he is making final decisions. but re-think what your typing if you want Todd to continue putting his build out there for all of us to enjoy..........
HawkBrosMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 12:33 PM   #1319
FireSale
VIP Member

Liked 236 Times in 127 Posts

I'm out.
Old 07-15-2019, 01:08 PM   #1320
Dave Gantz

Liked 226 Times in 118 Posts

I've never been anything but respectful on this thread or any other on the web, for that matter.
There are many ways to skin a cat (build a motor), that's for sure.
Todd, you've been more than respectful in all of your posts, to everyone.
I've enjoyed this thread also. It's unique on the web. Keep it up!
I've worked in various industries where a simple movement can have disastrous results. My comment was with respect for Autumn's safety. Safety is about doing everything correctly all of the time, so the unexpected can't happen.
I didn't mean to step on your toes, Todd!
Dave Gantz is offline   Reply With Quote