HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-26-2010, 03:03 PM   #1
Everett Vassar

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default CER-BOND Would you?

Put this stuff in your race motor? I saw this on the side of a bunch of race cars yesterday.Even a stocker.The feller said I would need about 160.00 worth of it for a 8 cyl.
It is a ceramic coating .I did a google search and apparently the guy who owns this CER BOND company is a little shaky.But nothing on whether the actual product works.
O.K. If I decide to try it Your supposed to leave it in there for at least 1500 miles.Thats about 12,000 1/8 mi passes.So I will be busy, and the testing process might take a while.
But my engine will run better,cooler,and cleaner
Everett Vassar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:22 PM   #2
Bob Pagano
VIP Member

Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: CER-BOND Would you?

More info, is it a thermal barrier coating ?
Old 04-26-2010, 10:17 PM   #3
chlngr73

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It is a nano particle that penetrates the metal and makes the two sufraces in contact very smooth, like glass. Therefore, less friction, less heat, and more horsepower. We bought some from Jeff Richardson at the dallas race and are going to do some independent testing. I will follow up with more info if anyone is interested. For more product info go to www.ceramicperfomance.com

P.S. I hate for anyone else to know this, but what they hey. An unnamed stocker racer put this in his motor, and the following pass picked up 6 hundreths, hands down. i know hard to believe, this is why we are gonna try it ourself.....

David Buckner
STK 45
chlngr73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:09 AM   #4
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,457 Times in 543 Posts

It is amazing how many products keep popping up as the the great cure for worn engines and there are so many of these making the same claims.

There is no way to replace worn out metal with an additive from a can, and real ceramic can only be thermally applied.

Yes, there are friction modifiers that will give some improvements, nevertheless, there are consequences and the improvements are for a limited time.

First, these additives contain solids on their matrix. The solids will coat the moving parts, however, they will also deposit themselves in non-moving parts such as the oil filter and oil pump screen and oil passages. As a result, you will then increase the wear due to a inefficient oil filter and lack of lubrication.

The only friction modifier that has been tested and proven is Zinc; on the same token, excessive amounts of Zinc can also cause deposits and spark fouling. Because of catalytic converter failures, the oil companies had to reduce the amount of Zinc in oil.

There have been many tests done by SAE and NASA on friction modifiers; in conclusion, they found the harm to the engine was not worth the gain in performance.

You are better off using a quality racing oil and oil filter.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:05 AM   #5
John Kelley

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

BIG claims !!
http://www.ceramicperformance.com/as...orsepower.pdf\

I'll go with the old saying,,,"If it sounds too good to be true,,,It probably is !"
Like Slick 50 and so many other products that have been promoted over the years.
John Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:40 AM   #6
Everett Vassar

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlngr73 View Post
It is a nano particle that penetrates the metal and makes the two sufraces in contact very smooth, like glass. Therefore, less friction, less heat, and more horsepower. We bought some from Jeff Richardson at the dallas race and are going to do some independent testing. I will follow up with more info if anyone is interested. For more product info go to www.ceramicperfomance.com

P.S. I hate for anyone else to know this, but what they hey. An unnamed stocker racer put this in his motor, and the following pass picked up 6 hundreths, hands down. i know hard to believe, this is why we are gonna try it ourself.....

David Buckner
STK 45

and the following pass picked up 6 hundreths, hands down

6 HUN!? Heck yeah Im interested.Are doing lab tests? Or just going to pour it in and see what happens?
Old 04-28-2010, 06:05 PM   #7
Marty Burke

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Just to give you a little heads-up
I was the one the had the 6 hundreds pick-up after we treated my car at Crandall IHRA divisional race last month. Also for those who asked , we have a NASCAR team that I have a contact with testing the product at their facility. I too was very skeptical of what it could do. In my NASCAR career if everything that came down the pipeline worked
we would have sat on every pole! I was stunned at the way the car reacted after the treatment. There were two B/SA cars there and we compared ALL the timeslips
and yes on Sunday there was that much of a difference between the two cars.
As for the comment about the owner, I believe the company is a corporation where its "owned" by shareholders and not an individual. I do not own any part of Cer-Bond
I just know I tried the product & it worked & I put them in contact with my friends in NASCAR.
FYI: Its not a "Tired" or "worn out" piece as it had 30 runs on it before it was treated.
The engine, trans & rear were treated. I also have Joe Gibbs synthetic oil in the motor.
I was stunned at the results as was the other B/SA driver. If you have any questions that I can answer please contact me offline at
mburke6662@aol.com
And yes I can sell anyone intersted the product, {Its not cheap!}
Thank You
Marty Burke
Marty Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:42 AM   #8
Everett Vassar

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Just to clarify.I wasnt slamming the owner( if there is one.)I did a google search for cer bond and thats the first thing that came up.And since its on the internet---its GOT to be true.
Marty,Do you use the same stuff in the engine,trans,and rear? How much would I need for 350/glide/9-inch ?
Old 04-29-2010, 05:14 PM   #9
Marty Burke

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hi Everitt,
We put 6oz in the crankcase, 1 oz in the trans & 4oz in the rear.
I would imagine you could get away with one less in the engine & rear.
I understand about the internet info......!!!! Appreciate you clearing that up.

Marty
Marty Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:18 PM   #10
Greg Hill
VIP Member

Liked 270 Times in 68 Posts

Marty, that old Ford needs everything it can get. How ya doing pal?